Sign in to follow this  

Devon Butler is OP

And here's my proof

You can skip to 2:50 to see how easily he overtakes both Mercedes cars with ease or you can watch the whole video to see how easily he overtakes a Ferrari at the start and can keep up with Mercedes. Below the video you can see the performance table to see how far his team (Racing Point) is compared to Mercedes.

8Q0hV80.jpg

Him and Weber also exchanged fastest laps during the first laps of the race, lapping 0.3-0.4 faster than Red Bull, Ferrari, McLaren and Mercedes. In the end he finished 14th in this race only because Gasly pushed him off the track lol.

• Like 1

Racing Point are the fastest in a straight line. Combined with Monza & Butler generally being really quick this doesn’t really shock me.

11 minutes ago, Andrew210227 said:

Racing Point are the fastest in a straight line. Combined with Monza & Butler generally being really quick this doesn’t really shock me.

Not in my career. Racing point has mediocre Power Unit (Ferrari, RB, Merc, McLaren are far ahead in PU) and are 6th in Aero but they have a decent Chassis. The fact that Butler is able to challenge LH while driving a turtle Racing Point while his teammate struggles to get 8th proves he's OP. Same goes for Weber, although he is not as OP as Butler.

Just now, AvengerGR35 said:

Not in my career. Racing point has mediocre Power Unit (Ferrari, RB, Merc, McLaren are far ahead in PU) and are 6th in Aero but they have a decent Chassis. The fact that Butler is able to challenge LH while driving a turtle Racing Point while his teammate struggles to get 8th proves he's OP. Same goes for Weber, although he is not as OP as Butler.

I think they’re pretty much the same. In my career S2 Williams (Weber) is still the worst team with the worst engine & aero (by far) but one of the best chassis. Weber qualified 8th in the first race. I’ve already noted in some other threads that this i going to be a problem when they have an upper midfield car, they may challenge for victories then.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, AvengerGR35 said:

6th in aero means nothing. They start with lower drag than Mercedes but some of the worst downforce in the game and a worse DRS.

Also the car is not at all a turtle. It's Monza. The chart only gives an average based on all the different stats, from tyre wear to rear downforce. Monza requires straight line speed and almost nothing else, and when the AI is so desperately obsessed with fighting (just look at them going 3 wide into the Ascari chicane - that is unacceptable), of course a car that is further behind is going to have an easy time sticking with them.

The most I can say is that Butler has been given a buff this patch, as he's a little bit faster now, but he's still weaker than Weber. It's just that the RP is excellent on tracks like this, exactly as it should be, and that's helped by the AI fighting too much. Perez and Butler having high stats also helps, but they're both slower than the likes of Vettel, Leclerc, Hamilton and Raikkonen in the game, as is Weber (who, contrary to what you're saying, is faster than Butler).

7 hours ago, Andrew210227 said:

I think they’re pretty much the same. In my career S2 Williams (Weber) is still the worst team with the worst engine & aero (by far) but one of the best chassis. Weber qualified 8th in the first race. I’ve already noted in some other threads that this i going to be a problem when they have an upper midfield car, they may challenge for victories then.

The Williams and Alfa are both super high potential cars, unlike, say, the McLaren and Renault. I'm not surprised that the AI can make them work. Raikkonen and Weber have been absolute monsters in my brief career run so far, only being let down by strategy and AI idiocy (braking for blue flags when the leader is on the last lap after the last corner, losing positions and dropping a lap down just in time for the end of the race).

Edited by Coffer

In my career, Butler is my team mate, in McLaren, season 2.

In ReS my car is 3rd, and Butler makes alway supertime.... Thath after the 1.05 patch...

Webber with Toro Rosso is fast more of a Red Bull. 

I have a Racing Point driver as rival, Gasly, and before monaco he is 1 in championship.

ReS: Mercedes, Racing Point, McLaren, Red Bull, Ferrari, Renault, Alfa Romeo, and Toro Rosso.

This is unreal.

Before 1.05, it was more real. IA now drives like bulldozer, they don't care about you position on track.

In my career they occasionally pull a top 10 in fp1 or2 but are otherwise unremarkable. Butler and Weber are in the last two places. The fictional characters seem wasteful and purposeless once in career mode. I enjoyed the F2 lead in the career but they either needed to keep the storyline up with those two or ditch them for the F1 career. 

2 hours ago, Beast70 said:

In my career they occasionally pull a top 10 in fp1 or2 but are otherwise unremarkable. Butler and Weber are in the last two places. The fictional characters seem wasteful and purposeless once in career mode. I enjoyed the F2 lead in the career but they either needed to keep the storyline up with those two or ditch them for the F1 career. 

I think it depends on your career because ein mine Butler's been beating Riccardo s ofar in the Renault he's not scored as much as me but he's beaten Riccardo in most races and has scored a few points I think goin into Canada he has about 20 on the board whereas I don't think Riccardo has any yet. Weber on the other hand is matching Kimi blow for blow and Weber has even managed to take the fight to me a couple of times. One time he even beat me by forcing me into a spin that ended up with me rightly being penalised because I hit Raikonnen because of it in the opening race in Australia. But Weber in mine has been doing pretty well. It also depends on what car they end up  with as well as in Aarava's career Weber was in the Williams in Season 1 and he was smashing everyone with it.By that I don't mean crashing into them but smashing their times.

• Agree 1

I am winding up the end of season two.  Butler is with Haas they have the best cars and teammate is LeClerc.  The last five races has has Butler winning four out of with LeClerc winning the fifth.  I am with Ferrari and is only better than Racing Point.