DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

F1 2019 Mic Not working

F1 2019 on pc via steam mic not working. On start screen message in bottom left reads “voice control disabled” 

using a Thrustmaster T. Racing headset on pc. Works fine for windows and Cortana ect.  Only issue is in game. Checked steam setting also. 

Help needed  

Edited by g2000

38 minutes ago, g2000 said:

F1 2019 on pc via steam mic not working. On start screen message in bottom left reads “voice control disabled” 

using a Thrustmaster T. Racing headset on pc. Works fine for windows and Cortana ect.  Only issue is in game. Checked steam setting also. 

Help needed  

Set your default sound source in Windows. Set the same sound source in game. Check mixer settings, incl. mic boost and level. Reload Microsoft Kinect for Windows language runtimes.

Set Sound|Communication preferences to 'Do nothing'.

Edited by steviejay69

3 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Set your default sound source in Windows. Set the same sound source in game. Check mixer settings, incl. mic boost and level. Reload Microsoft Kinect for Windows language runtimes.

Set Sound|Communication preferences to 'Do nothing'.

I've got the same problem and did all those things. It's intermittent - one time, it works, the next I have to manually scroll.

2 minutes ago, Ho3n3r said:

I've got the same problem and did all those things. It's intermittent - one time, it works, the next I have to manually scroll.

ALT-TAB when it doesn't work? (Look I know it's pants, but these things work sometimes.)

2 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

ALT-TAB when it doesn't work? (Look I know it's pants, but these things work sometimes.)

It's definitely worth a shot, thanks.

Hello,

I am new in this forum and i have a question.

When i start F1 2019 its make my voice disabled, a few months ago i could speek through my mic of mine headset.

But for some reason its turn off and i don"t know how to fix this.

Can someone help me with this please? I am 55 years old and recovering from a stroke last Januari 2019.

I will very thankfull.

3 hours ago, LankyBouwie said:

Hello,

I am new in this forum and i have a question.

When i start F1 2019 its make my voice disabled, a few months ago i could speek through my mic of mine headset.

But for some reason its turn off and i don"t know how to fix this.

Can someone help me with this please? I am 55 years old and recovering from a stroke last Januari 2019.

I will very thankfull.

It is intermittent, no-one seems to have a definitive answer as to why. If you restart the game enough times and try it, sometimes it will work.

People have suggested reinstalling the Kinect Language runtimes but this is not known to be a permanent fix.

Merged as same issue.

Hi @LankyBouwie and @Ho3n3r,

If possible, can you provide some more information. 

•  Game Version
  •  Where does it cut out?
  •  Does the issue keep happening? If so, can you add the steps taken to re-produce the issue. How often does it happen to you?

Many thanks.

44 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Merged as same issue.

•  Game Version
  •  Does the issue keep happening? If so, can you add the steps taken to re-produce the issue. How often does it happen to you?

Many thanks.

It's been a thing ever since voice control was introduced in F1 2016.

For this release 

•  Game Version 1.18.2
  •  Where does it cut out? It either works or doesn't
  •  Does the issue keep happening? If so, can you add the steps taken to re-produce the issue. How often does it happen to you? Yes, it's intermittent. No, it can't be reliably reproduced. It happens randomly and sometimes just closing and restarting the game multiple times is enough.

I'll work on it a bit more later - I'll try to fix it when it happens (I think it was not working the last time I tried to use it).

Well, I think I've fixed Jeff and cured a longstanding audio bug in that people could hear Jeff over Discord on Voice Activity (or when I PTT)....so far.

It's a pretty extreme fix and I don't know how long it will last.

Pretty much I've used a DCH sound driver and done a clean install of Windows (without internet, installing all known drives before connecting), the game (download rather than restore from backup) and played in DX12, with all Steam settings wiped. You will lose your Time Trial times if you set a new one, no setups, etc.

I'll post some screens of how I've configured Realtek Audio and do some more testing over the next few days to see it sticks.

Edited by steviejay69

On 1/24/2020 at 5:51 PM, steviejay69 said:

It's been a thing ever since voice control was introduced in F1 2016.

For this release 

•  Game Version 1.18.2
  •  Where does it cut out? It either works or doesn't
  •  Does the issue keep happening? If so, can you add the steps taken to re-produce the issue. How often does it happen to you? Yes, it's intermittent. No, it can't be reliably reproduced. It happens randomly and sometimes just closing and restarting the game multiple times is enough.

I'll work on it a bit more later - I'll try to fix it when it happens (I think it was not working the last time I tried to use it).

Hey @BarryBL and the other guys.

If the mic works or not depends, if the mic was activated when the game started.
If you activate your mic after starting the game doesn´t not recognise it until you restart.

Implemented this way since 2017. 🙂

2 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

When you say mic activated, how do you mean? Do you mean "not disabled" do you mean "allowed" by Windows privacy settings, or how? Thanks.

I assume (seeing as no timely response) you mean in the microphone privacy of W10

https://windowsreport.com/re-enable-microphone-pc/

Enable microphone from the Sound Settings

The sound settings icon holds more than just the power to adjust the sound in your PC. To enable the microphone from the sound settings, perform the following tasks:

• At the bottom right corner of the windows menu Right Click on the Sound Settings Icon
  • Scroll up and select Recording Devices
  • Click on Recording
  • If there are devices listed Right Click on the desired device
  • Choose enable

hyperx-problems-sound-3.png

• If you don’t see the installed microphone this is an indication that the microphone is disabled Right Click anywhere in the screen and select Show Disabled Devices
  • Select the microphone from the generated list
  • Click on Properties
  • At the bottom of the window under Device Usage use the drop-down list to select Use this Device (Enable)
  • Click on Apply
  • Click on OK

Ensure that the selected device is set to default. The green check mark outlined by a circle is the indicating symbol that the device is default.

Enable the microphone from Windows Settings

Settings in Windows get auto-changed all of the time. To go in and change the settings that allow the PC to access the microphone, complete the following steps:

• Access Windows Settings by simultaneously pressing the Windows Key and I

gaming-settings-windows-10-1024x793.png

• Click on Privacy
  • On the left menu choose Microphone

Fix sound recording problems in Windows 10

• In the microphone settings under Let apps use my microphone ensure that the indicator is set to On
  • If this indicator is set to Off switch it back on by clicking on the icon and moving it to the other side of the coloured portion.

Most users don’t know what to do when the Windows key stops working. Check out this guide and be a step ahead.

Hey @steviejay69.

Small missunderstanding... my mic was "activated" alle the time. It was "muted" while starting the game (Headset via USB).
What I descibed afterwards was the outcome of no use of ingame mic, until game is restartet with "unmuted" mic. 🙂

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Far1an said:

Hey @steviejay69.

Small missunderstanding... my mic was "activated" alle the time. It was "muted" while starting the game (Headset via USB).
What I descibed afterwards was the outcome of no use of ingame mic, until game is restartet with "unmuted" mic. 🙂

So you mean hardware muted like with a switch? Or just not plugged in as a sound source when staring the game? (I guess it amounts to the same with W10 hardware detection on audio? One of the 'worst' features ever devised, they 'fixed' something that was not broken....)

1 minute ago, steviejay69 said:

So you mean hardware muted like with a switch? Or just not plugged in as a sound source when staring the game? (I guess it amounts to the same with W10 hardware detection on audio? One of the 'worst' features ever devised, they 'fixed' something that was not broken....)

Muted via Button when starting the game.

Yeah that audio win10 menu got messed up the 1903. 😕

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Far1an said:

Muted via Button when starting the game.

Yeah that audio win10 menu got messed up the 1903. 😕

DCH audio has resolved my issues with Jeff bleeding into Discord. I feel you must isolate the PC from the internet, install drivers that would otherwise be found by WU/Inbox - I will do more testing and of course test your observation about active mics, thanks.

On 1/24/2020 at 5:55 PM, BarryBL said:

Merged as same issue.

•  Game Version

Many thanks.

I've uninstalled the game a while ago now, but when I commented, it was the latest version as per Steam.

EDIT: LankyBouwie summed it up in his reply - it either worked from the start of opening the game, or it didn't - it never stopped working in the middle of a session. Like he said, sometimes it worked after the 3rd or 4th closing/opening of the game, even if I had only one communication device.

But if I were you, I'd concentrate on the rest of the game - this seems like a fairly minor issue compared to all the other issues.

Edited by Ho3n3r

4 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Apparently it works if the mic is enabled before the game starts. Some use 'Shut up 10' or similar, turning many settings off or disabling services. This is almost always a bad idea as software may then not work as expected. Make only necessary changes and understand that you run 'non-vanilla'.

Make sure the mic is not mute in hardware.

The posts above show how to 'enable' the mic. If there is a utility installed to 'mute' Windows 10, remove it would be my (general) advice.

1 little workyroundy down, only 99 more to go.

On 1/29/2020 at 1:44 PM, Ho3n3r said:

1 little workyroundy down, only 99 more to go.

Conservative estimate 🙂

so, i've just bought the game and done literally EVERYTHING there is in the internet and still with the bug. no fix?