Sign in to follow this  

is there a way to balance wheel vs controller (F1 2014)

Mods will take care of it im sure... happens to the best of us... don't worry about the double post... mistakes happen. But about your question... its been a dabate for a long time. Some say there is no diffrence... but from i have seen there surely is. But in F1 2014 there is no way a pad user can keep up with a wheel user specially going into and coming out of corners and chicanes, wheel users are much more smooth drivers then pad users therefore always will have an upper hand. You will still be at least 1.10 seconds faster depending on the set up and on your friend's driving skill with a pad. So in short... you can surely close the gap... but overtake a very quick good driver using a wheel... not a chance.

Hmm, that's the first I've heard of the wheel having an advantage in 2014 every where else I've heard the opposite, due to the controller having hidden assist.

Thats the thing about it...there will always be people who favor one over the other over diffrent reasons... i also heard people saying that...... till i tried it personally. I found myself to be much more of a consistent driver on a wheel then a pad. Its something you gotta try your self to see.

No. Wheelers should always have the advantage and that's final

I've seen countless wheel users talk about dropping out of leagues due to not being able to compete with controller users. People they'd raced with on other games and previous F1 games without issue.

Are you running any assist?

I've seen countless wheel users talk about dropping out of leagues due to not being able to compete with controller users. People they'd raced with on other games and previous F1 games without issue.

Are you running any assist?

Thats very odd to hear.... could be crappy wheel systems.... mad catz turns users away on a daily basis with there terrible quality. All i can say is.... wheels users always have the upper hand... take it froma pro driver :). Not sure if you where around years ago when codies flew a buch of us members for a test drive... everyone agreed wheels was much better.... aside from the motion system they had.

:)

Years ago =/= 2014, which is the game that everyone Ive ever read or heard talking about it. except you, say is unbalanced due to controllers having hidden assist. 

You're the only person Ive seen state otherwise. 

Just gonna have to do some testing and see what happens, hopefully we can get it sorted. AAnd hopefully 2014 isn't as broken as 12 was with wet track for one player and not the other >.>

Edit: did a bit of searching and apparently controller can't actually turn off traction control. If that's the only issue, I'll simply turn it on. That would explain why its typically league runners complaining. most leagues ban assist

controller has hidden TC no matter what u do but wheel users are still faster, germany wheel users can do low 1:14s and good wheel usere can do low 1:13s no controller using can matc that

softy94 said:
controller has hidden TC no matter what u do but wheel users are still faster, germany wheel users can do low 1:14s and good wheel usere can do low 1:13s no controller using can matc that
I'm an experienced wheel driver and I can't get anywhere close to pad users. Maybe those with wheels also use hidden assists?

softy94 said:
I'm an experienced wheel driver and I can't get anywhere close to pad users. Maybe those with wheels also use hidden assists?

maybe its a question of personal preference in gaming... whatever make u better go with it.

Not bad... but not good enough my friend... i can do better then that and im also experinced. Its all about personal driving skills.

softy94 said:
They are most likely running TC. without it, controller is faster according to 99% of the Internet. 

The only way to make them equal (though I’ve heard someone say this isn’t possible on at least one of the consoles), is for the gamepad user to set override to Steering Wheel.  This forces the game into thinking the gamepad is a steering wheel.  You then need to set steering linearity to 100% to counter the twitchiness of the thumbstick.  Takes some getting used to, but PRL have had some competitive drivers do that, including one who preferred it.

In my experience and everyone else on the internet (exept about 5 ppl on here) the pad is far easier and quicker over a long stint simply to do with the brakes never lock, the rear tyres wont spin EVER and you have a big assist that helps give the correct steering lock for corners and there is no way of turning any of it off. Over 1 lap tbh the difference isnt that great but as soon as you have heavy fuel and tyre wear the pad will just pull away, and dont get me started on the advantage in wet races. I use a fanatec csr elite and formula rim (the best wheel available for xbox 360) so its not down to bad rims as someone said in there post, I tried a pad and it was laughable how easy it was to control the car yet on my wheel imo its harder than any car in forza to control wheel spin coming out of some corners. Maybe the alien drivers can keep up with a pad but a crap pad user will be very capable of keeping up with a good wheel user simply because a pad user needs no skill to go fast in F1 2014. The fact that so many top league racers pulled out because they couldnt keep up with a pad should be enough but will always have those select few pad users who think its down to there skill why there so quick :) Why can you only ever mention 1 track out of 19 when it comes to a wheel being quicker softy?

vtidixon said:
In my experience and everyone else on the internet (exept about 5 ppl on here) the pad is far easier and quicker over a long stint simply to do with the brakes never lock, the rear tyres wont spin EVER and you have a big assist that helps give the correct steering lock for corners and there is no way of turning any of it off. Over 1 lap tbh the difference isnt that great but as soon as you have heavy fuel and tyre wear the pad will just pull away, and dont get me started on the advantage in wet races. I use a fanatec csr elite and formula rim (the best wheel available for xbox 360) so its not down to bad rims as someone said in there post, I tried a pad and it was laughable how easy it was to control the car yet on my wheel imo its harder than any car in forza to control wheel spin coming out of some corners. Maybe the alien drivers can keep up with a pad but a crap pad user will be very capable of keeping up with a good wheel user simply because a pad user needs no skill to go fast in F1 2014. The fact that so many top league racers pulled out because they couldnt keep up with a pad should be enough but will always have those select few pad users who think its down to there skill why there so quick :) Why can you only ever mention 1 track out of 19 when it comes to a wheel being quicker softy?

Do you play on PC, Xbox, or PS3? On the Xbox all i see is drivers all over the place... wheel spinning like crazy and typically cutting kerbs... breaking in deep... and twitching all over when coming out of kerbs.... great example is the Wall Of champs in Montreal. They are just not smooth enough...

Are you for real Zombie? Im on a pad and can do mid 13s on Hockenheim, also TRL Rosberg was most likely the fastest wheel user out there and he had to drop out AOR F1 because us pad drivers had way more traction and less tyre wear, only on one lap it was managable to match the pace (or dven be quicker, depending on the track) only on Austria wheel users actually have a real advantage over pad users, case closed lol

Are you for real Zombie? Im on a pad and can do mid 13s on Hockenheim, also TRL Rosberg was most likely the fastest wheel user out there and he had to drop out AOR F1 because us pad drivers had way more traction and less tyre wear, only on one lap it was managable to match the pace (or dven be quicker, depending on the track) only on Austria wheel users actually have a real advantage over pad users, case closed lol
Do you think turning assist on while using a wheel would help any? For a 25% race? Just trying to sort out the feasibility of me and my friend playing 14 together.

You could put traction control on medium for the wheel, that would level the playing field quite a bit. You probsbly still will have a bit more tyre wear, but pace wise it should be easier to follow

Do you think turning assist on while using a wheel would help any? For a 25% race? Just trying to sort out the feasibility of me and my friend playing 14 together.
Will give it a shot at least. Thnx

Zombie, can you please stop writing your replies within a quote from someone else - I've noticed you do it every time and it's very confusing!

Zombie, can you please stop writing your replies within a quote from someone else - I've noticed you do it every time and it's very confusing!
If he's posting from a phone its most likely not intentional. Mine tries to do it all the time, you have to delete the entire post and try over to fix it.