Info Request - PS4 - Framerate issues

Question

Hi everyone,

We would like some further information from you in regards to the issue below. If you have experienced the issue, please respond with as much information as possible.

We have seen reports that some players are experiencing issues with the framerate on PS4s. If you have been experiencing this, please can you let us know the following things;

1. Are you on a base PS4 or PS4 Pro?
  2. Which game modes you are seeing the issue in?
  3. Roughly how long had you been playing for when you start seeing the issue?
  4. Are you using a headset? If so, what make/model?
  5. Are you using a wheel? If so, what make/model?
  6. Do you have any other peripherals plugged in?

Extra requests

1. If anyone could send us in any recent save games?
  2. A video from the booting of the game to seeing the issue

If you think there is any extra information that you think we should be aware of, please let us know in your post.

How to copy a save game from your PS4

1. Insert a USB drive in to your PS4.
  2. On the PS4 go to Settings, Application Saved Data Management, Saved Data In System Storage, Copy to USB Storage.
  3. Select your F1 save and copy it to the USB.
  4. Remove the USB and put it in to a PC.
  5. Compress the PS4 folder to a zip file.
  6. Send the file to us at community(AT)codemasters.com (replacing the (AT) with an @ )

• Agree 1

Thanks for the updates, everyone. I'll get this passed back to the team for further investigation. 

1 hour ago, Worntoathread said:

Hi @Faya

After doing multiple career weekends since the patch, I've noticed that with 1.07 the frame rate has improved during practice and qualifying but it's still very very bad in races. (even compared to other game modes).

This was consistent for different tracks. At times, it got so bad during the races I had to stop playing. I haven't tried to turn off UDP telemetry (which seemed to fix the issue during practice sessions before the patch). 

A couple of things seem to worsen the issue; AI making pit stops and the safety car seem to reduce the frame rate to an unplayable state. This is on top of the already constantly reduced frame rate, it's just these things make it even worse.

I hope you can find something to improve this, career was nowhere near as bad before the 1.06 patch and the problem doesn't appear to be there at all in GP/championship mode.

@Andrew210227 and others, are you experiencing the same with 1.07? 

Hey @Worntoathread, thanks for your consistent contributions in getting these issues sorted. Honestly, I haven't even touched the game for two weeks (1.07 isn't even downloaded yet). I was thinking of getting into it again this weekend, I'll post my findings then.

Hi @Worntoathread, could you send us in your save game again now that 1.07 is out, please? Thanks! 

1. Are you on a base PS4 or PS4 Pro? Standard. 
  2. Which game modes you are seeing the issue in? All game modes. 
  3. Roughly how long had you been playing for when you start seeing the issue? Within the first few minutes.
  4. Are you using a headset? If so, what make/model? standard ps one. 
  5. Are you using a wheel? If so, what make/model? Thrustmaster T150
  6. Do you have any other peripherals plugged in? controller. 

Seems to lag the most when the engineer is talking or I'm changing fuel and ers at the same time. Certain parts of a track. Entering the pits. On track battles. 

On 7/26/2019 at 1:19 PM, Faya said:

Hi everyone,

We would like some further information from you in regards to the issue below. If you have experienced the issue, please respond with as much information as possible.

We have seen reports that some players are experiencing issues with the framerate on PS4s. If you have been experiencing this, please can you let us know the following things;

1. Are you on a base PS4 or PS4 Pro?
  2. Which game modes you are seeing the issue in?
  3. Roughly how long had you been playing for when you start seeing the issue?
  4. Are you using a headset? If so, what make/model?
  5. Are you using a wheel? If so, what make/model?
  6. Do you have any other peripherals plugged in?

Extra requests

1. If anyone could send us in any recent save games?
  2. A video from the booting of the game to seeing the issue

If you think there is any extra information that you think we should be aware of, please let us know in your post.

How to copy a save game from your PS4

1. Insert a USB drive in to your PS4.
  2. On the PS4 go to Settings, Application Saved Data Management, Saved Data In System Storage, Copy to USB Storage.
  3. Select your F1 save and copy it to the USB.
  4. Remove the USB and put it in to a PC.
  5. Compress the PS4 folder to a zip file.
  6. Send the file to us at community(AT)codemasters.com (replacing the (AT) with an @ )

1. Are you on a base PS4 or PS4 Pro? Base
  2. Which game modes you are seeing the issue in? Multiplayer (league)
  3. Roughly how long had you been playing for when you start seeing the issue? 1 month after purchase
  4. Are you using a headset? If so, what make/model? Yes, Sony Wireless 2.0
  5. Are you using a wheel? If so, what make/model? Yes, Thrustmaster T300 with F1 Ferrari add-on
  6. Do you have any other peripherals plugged in? No.

On 8/9/2019 at 12:30 PM, Faya said:

Hi @Worntoathread, could you send us in your save game again now that 1.07 is out, please? Thanks! 

@Faya I just sent this over to you guys along with some of extra info! 

• Thanks 1