Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

DRS Activation Visual cue

Question for the cockpit drivers/players. Have you noticed the DRS activation green light not turning on? I haven't seen it come on once. If it doesn't come on can it be fixed. The only way I know if it's active is hearing the air. Sometimes I can't hear that air if I'm in a battle with another car. The light should come on above the DRS zone light.

F1® 2019_20190726031946.jpg

Should be fixed I agree, but this is another plus for telemetry/dash apps. Third parties are getting it right over the game devs.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, steviejay69 said:

Should be fixed I agree, but this is another plus for telemetry/dash apps. Third parties are getting it right over the game devs.

Agreed, the DRS activation is hard to miss on my dash, whereas ingame it's barely visible sometimes.

• Like 2

That's why i have special drs leds blinking when available on my wheel

@Striker_703 When avaible the green light comes on, then when activated the same green light blinks ( Not sure if all cars are the same ), which your hardly notice, dont quote me but am sure thier was the same complaints last year.

Edited by BluntRS

8 hours ago, Striker_703 said:

The only visual cue I see is when I'm in the DRS zone @BluntRS. I don't see any other cues. 

The green light is so faint you hardly notice it ( basically useless ) needs to change colour or something, try in a Team car, might be the MP car doesnt work at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BluntRS said:

The green light is so faint you hardly notice it ( basically useless ) needs to change colour or something, try in a Team car, might be the MP car doesnt work at all.

Tried all the team cars already, none of the lights turn on. Beta testers that mainly use cockpit view are needed.  

Edited by Striker_703

30 minutes ago, Striker_703 said:

Tried all the team cars already, none of the lights turn on. Beta testers that mainly use cockpit view are needed.  

Just watching your new video, its the 4 green lights on the top left of the wheel ( Sorry if am telling you stuff you know ), thats the ones that should blink but clearly dont :(

F1 2019 I havent taken much notice but in F1 2018 they did all be it hardly noticeable.

10 hours ago, Striker_703 said:

I thought it would be the marker above the DRS marker. I got to keep grinding so I can upgrade my gear @BluntRS LOL. 

Personally I think its time theve give the steering wheels a overall, but with limited users, its not a priority, same as lolly pop lights visibility during a pit stop, yes they got a light on the wheel now, but takes away from the realism,

I know that feeling, if I could upgrade I would no longer come on here 😂

• Like 1

@Striker_703 Dont see much of the wheel in F1, but what little I seen on the weekend, it looks like when thier in the DRS zone 4 green lights come on, but nothing changes when they activate it via a paddle above the gear paddles, while the official F1 game has a 1 green button via a button the actual wheel ☹️