Sign in to follow this  

DiRT Rally Championship 2015

I figured its about a year since the DiRT Rally Championship League thing we ran and I wondered who would be up for it again this year?

Maybe start it at the end of this month/early next and run for a few weeks like before? We should start with a Monte Carlo Rally now most people have access to it I think.

Anybody interested, I might make a few changes to the rules this year too.

Yeah, since DiRT4 or whatever wont be around for a couple of months (hoping we do not have to talk about years) we should do something with the classic games. I need my racing game fix, at least until Project Cars drops in May, June, July, August, Q4 maybe... I'll go right ahead and dust of my PS3. 

Sounds like fun. Open to all platforms? I have DiRT 3 on Xbox 360 (I don't have any DiRT 3 DLC).

Operator1 said:

Sounds like fun. Open to all platforms? I have DiRT 3 on Xbox 360 (I don't have any DiRT 3 DLC).

Monte Carlo was part of the dlc, so not in the standard edition but is in the complete edition.

It's the best of the rally tracks IMO. A lot tighter than the others.

How's this usually work? I think it would be fun if I can make it work with my schedule... I have DiRT 3 complete edition on both PS3 and PC, as well as GFL DiRT 3 on PC. so I can play on whatever system, although I'm still waiting for the wheel fix on the PC complete edition... 

Anths95 said:
How's this usually work?
Lee gives us a list of tracks, car class and deadline. You have 6 days or so to set your times, as many goes as you want, best time counts. Proof of times/car used is required. Times posted after deadline do not count.

I'm in :)

I'd be interested as long as the FFB fix out by then.

A year ago I've taken part playing on PS3 - on a PC it really feels much bettern with FPS above 60. But I doubt that will make me quicker...

I'd be interested as long as the FFB fix out by then.

A year ago I've taken part playing on PS3 - on a PC it really feels much bettern with FPS above 60. But I doubt that will make me quicker...
More FPS also means less input lag :)

Didzis said:
More FPS also means less input lag :)
So does less tequila, but I'll give this a shot anyway, as long as the FFB is fixed before this starts.

I probably won't do too well though because I drive too cautiously to do well in time trials, and get bored quickly when running the same stage more than a few times.
I do much better head-to-head because "fastest driver who didn't go off a cliff during this race" is easier to achieve than "fastest driver on this stage in the past week".

Thinking of starting next week now the FFB fix is sorted. What do you guys think to opening with the 60's class on Monte for the first week seeing as we couldn't really do it last year?

What do you think?

I'd prefer 90s or Group B, because it's more exciting maneuvering those through Monte, but I'm in anyways :smiley:  

Maybe it would be a good idea to create a subforum for the championship so you @justbiglee can make the instruction sticky and just post a new discussion for each round, all information would be easy to find this way 

Hello hello @justbiglee   - do you have a start date for this DiRT championship? Now that I have a PC I'd be able to post recordings of my average looking runs :)

Anths95 said:
How's this usually work?
Lee gives us a list of tracks, car class and deadline. You have 6 days or so to set your times, as many goes as you want, best time counts. Proof of times/car used is required. Times posted after deadline do not count.

I'm in :)

Awesome! If I can find time with finals I'll definitely join, although I may have to miss the first week or two until everything at school is over with. I'm psyched to get back into DiRT though now that the FFB fix has been released for the complete edition, so as long as it would be okay if I'm forced to miss maybe the first week or two, consider me in!