Using Look to Apex?

How many are successfully using it beyond the default setting of 4? Do you find it helps?

It really could help on some tracks, but others it would hurt I think. On an actual track, being able to look as far ahead as possible is essential. Combined with FOV, finding the right settings on both is always tough. Been playing this game since it came out and am still struggling to find the right settings here.

• Like 1

I personally don't like it, it feels more like the car is turning away from me instead of me turning my head which makes the handling feel floaty. Also the higher you set it, the more it swerves around on straights during small input and corrections etc. A "look to apex linearity" slider or dead zone could improve this a lot. 

I've tried to drive with it for a while on medium and higher settings, but in the end having it set to 0 makes me feel much more connected to the car somehow, I can't go back.

Edited by Worntoathread
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

I have it on 8, I feel that it helps me finds the apex a bit better. It definitely takes some getting used to though.

I have it all the way up (I think it's 15) but I've had it this way for ever. I've always thought it helped me see the corner, but I'm going to try it turned right down for a while to do an actual comparison.

Honestly, i can say i have never used it, or not really known it was there.   Think i will try it out and see how it works and if i do like it...

I use this feature as part of the car settings/tuning, and do the same for Cockpit view values. What I mean is that I change these values/settings according to the track or the car I'm driving.
For example in Brazil, I have a higher value for Look at Apex, in COTA instead I have it lower because all the sections left-right with Look at Apex make me throw up within 2 laps LOL :classic_biggrin:  
Generally speaking I keep it between 2 and 5. 

Similarly, in COTA I need to have my Cockpit view a bit higher than usual because of all the up hill-down hill of the circuit.

I think in general is good to adapt to whatever your needs are for each track/car. 

• Agree 1

I have it at 15°, but wish we had the ability to crank it up to 45°.

Project Cars series got the best Look To Apex and Helmet Cam feature in the business as of now.

Hope CM do us some justice and give us something similar to Project Cars, so we can get even more immersion out of the game.

With the lack of VR, this is sadly, next to TOBI, the only alternative for us.

Edited by SturmDesTodes
Spelling error
  • Agree 1

in F1 2018 I used these option to see the mirrors when taking conners 😂. But can't remember the value.

In 2019 I got the game a 2 days ago, not checked yet this option... but I will enable again...

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, SturmDesTodes said:

I have it at 15°, but wish we had the ability to crank it up to 45°.

Project Cars series got the best Look To Apex and Helmet Cam feature in the business as of now.

Hope CM do us some justice and give us something similar to Project Cars, so we can get even more immersion out of the game.

With the lack of VR, this is sadly, next to TOBI, the only alternative for us.

Yeah, PC2 has camera lean as well as helmet lean etc also. But man, 15% 😮

I wish I could use it because it is far more realistic usually, but it just throw everything off. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Voznik said:

I use this feature as part of the car settings/tuning, and do the same for Cockpit view values. What I mean is that I change these values/settings according to the track or the car I'm driving.
For example in Brazil, I have a higher value for Look at Apex, in COTA instead I have it lower because all the sections left-right with Look at Apex make me throw up within 2 laps LOL :classic_biggrin:  
Generally speaking I keep it between 2 and 5. 

Similarly, in COTA I need to have my Cockpit view a bit higher than usual because of all the up hill-down hill of the circuit.

I think in general is good to adapt to whatever your needs are for each track/car. 

Interesting! I do the opposite on COTA because there are so many blind corners (cockpit view).

I usually have it between 4-8 degrees. It has its ups and downs. I sometimes notice I start turning in slightly too early in order to see the apex better.