Motorsport Games, Codemasters and FIA World Rallycross Championship presented by Monster Energy partner to create the World RX Esports Invitational Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Little research

As you very well know.... This is going to be the 5th year for Codemasters. Its the 5th official try at a new title for them. I know that a lot of us have every copy ever released since Codemasters have aquired the license to produce Formula 1 games. Not many of us have been very happy with the F1 games produced in the past due to many various problems. (really too many to name). The whole point to this poll is to find out how many of us will be willing to spend cash on future Codemasters games if this new title is once again a big a failure (And by failure i mean a bugy poorly made game). My intent is not to create chaos..Its to just open Codemaster's staff eyes a little more so they can see we mean business this year and we will not go for anyting short then a near to perfect game. plz keep your answers clean, have respect for eachother. thanks.

Due to the arcady first GRID I always waited for reviews and experiences of other gamers I know who like simulation. Therefor I never bought a CM F1 title because friends said it kept on being buggy and arcady. So we'll see how the game improves this year. 

I'm not sure I can  really answer this as it depends a lot on the features that are included in the games. Personally I've been lucky and not suffered too much from the bugs. I was hit by the save game bug once or twice on F1 2010 but that's really been it. Since I've discovered what causes the issues I've managed to work around it so haven't had any problems since.

At thre moment I'm only considering staying away from 2015 because it's supposedly lacking a mode that I spend most of my time in which is the career mode and without that I'm not sure it's worth the money for me. If it is restored then maybe I'll consider returning especially as the rest of the package does actually look good. Only time can tell though I guess.

At thre moment I'm only considering staying away from 2015 because it's supposedly lacking a mode that I spend most of my time in which is the career mode and without that I'm not sure it's worth the money for me. If it is restored then maybe I'll consider returning especially as the rest of the package does actually look good. Only time can tell though I guess.

Same. Career mode was really the main reason I played the games. If it's gone, I'd probably not buy it.

Awong124 said:

Same. Career mode was really the main reason I played the games. If it's gone, I'd probably not buy it.
If it's in a Steam sale like for  £10 then I may pick it up because as I said everything else looks pretty solid but tbh as it stands right now it's the only way I'd be likely to be buying it because without career mode for me I can't say it's worth much more.

Why isn't there a "I'll wait and see if I like it option?". Any sensible person would choose this one.

AMS97KRR said:
Why isn't there a "I'll wait and see if I like it option?". Any sensible person would choose this one.
Exactly that's the option I'd have clicked because I never decide on any game one way or another without info on it first.

Zombie said:
As you very well know.... This is going to be the 5th year for Codemasters. Its the 5th official try at a new title for them. 
This is actually the 7th:

1: F1 2009
2: F1 2010
3: F1 2011
4: F1 2012
5: F1 2013
6: F1 2014
7: F1 2015

Zombie said:
As you very well know.... This is going to be the 5th year for Codemasters. Its the 5th official try at a new title for them. 

tbh I don't really count 2009 as it wasn't on the mainstream consoles but yes I do agree they've had several shots at it now.

Zombie said:

tbh I don't really count 2009 as it wasn't on the mainstream consoles but yes I do agree they've had several shots at it now.
Don't count F1 2009 if you don't want (which still means the OP should state 6th, not 5th), but you can't say the Wii wasn't mainstream.  It sold more units than the 360 or the PS3!

What a sad result to the poll. Really a good example of why gaming is going down hill.
Indeed I generally only buy games if I'm going to get sufficient enjoyment out of them with 2015 I don't think I will so I'm likely to be staying away till the Steam sale and I can get it for £10  or something right now.

Yeah 2009 is not really counted... not just because it was not on console, but also Codies had very little to do with the game.

Zombie said:
Yeah 2009 is not really counted... not just because it was not on console, but also Codies had very little to do with the game.
Not only is the best selling last generation system, not mainstream, but now the Wii isn't a console either?!?!  Are we all living on the same planet? :)

Zombie said:
Not only is the best selling last generation system, not mainstream, but now the Wii isn't a console either?!?!  Are we all living on the same planet? :)

NO sir... but i think thats all down to personal preference... to me the Wii is like an Atari. Dead. Not a console eaither.. consoles are meat to play cross platform. WII only uses its own games and servers. And the graphics to me are terrible in my opinion. Im more of a PC guy myself. But if I absolutely had to choose i would go with Sony PS systems as best sold of all times. Certainly not a Wii.I think if Wii was that good they would have continued on that platform alone.  

Zombie said:

But if I absolutely had to choose i would go with Sony PS systems as best sold of all times. Certainly not a Wii.I think if Wii was that good they would have continued on that platform alone.  

Please stop adding your reply within my quote box when quoting me - makes it look like I said what you're saying.

Regarding what you said about sales where you said "If I had to choose"... well, you don't.  There are worldwide sales figures easily available, even on wikipedia, and the Wii sold more than the PS3 or Xbox 360 by a significant margin.  I'm a PC guy too, so don't care which sold more, but fact is, it was the Nintendo Wii, and like every console, it has a lifespan, and that's why they didn't "continue on that platform alone".  Sales figures alone are not an indication of whether is something is "good", but there are dozens of standout award winning games on the Wii, so I think it's safe to say, even if only as general opinion, that it is a very very "good" console

That was only the first generation Wii when a lot of people got fooled by hype. The other ones have been total flops. thats is why the dominating consoles have been Xbox by Microsoft and Play Station by Sony and cotinue to be with the new console models as they evolve into more powerfull machines. The Sales of Wii products cotinues to decline ever since.. Nintendo keeps reporting looses with the Wii U also. It is also rated as one of the slowest selling consoles for Nintendo EVER.

Zombie said:
That was only the first generation Wii when a lot of people got fooled by hype. The other ones have been total flops. thats is why the dominating consoles have been Xbox by Microsoft and Play Station by Sony and cotinue to be with the new console models as they evolve into more powerfull machines. The Sales of Wii products cotinues to decline ever since.. Nintendo keeps reporting looses with the Wii U also. It is also rated as one of the slowest selling consoles for Nintendo EVER.
There have not been "other ones".  There has only been one other one - the one you mention; the Wii U.  While you're accurate that it has been "one of the slowest selling consoles for Nintendo ever", and worldwide sales have been worse than the Wii, and also worse than PS4 and Xbox ONE, it certainly isn't a "total flop", or even a flop at all.  In fact, as of writing, worldwide sales are approximately:

PS4: 21 mllion
Xbox ONE: 11 million
Wii U: 10 million

... so it isn't even particularly far behind the Xbox ONE, though for full disclosure, I'll add that the Wii U did have a head start.  Also, because of a slew of recent and incredible releases such as Mario Kart 8 & Smash Bros, Wii U sales are both increasing and even higher than at the same time a year ago.

I hate to sound like a Nintendo fanboy.  I'm not at all, and would argue just as strongly for the PS4 or Xbox ONE if you were saying nonsense about those systems.  I just like facts :)

I apologize for going completely off topic.

Zombie said:
There have not been "other ones".  There has only been one other one - the one you mention; the Wii U.  While you're accurate that it has been "one of the slowest selling consoles for Nintendo ever", and worldwide sales have been worse than the Wii, and also worse than PS4 and Xbox ONE, it certainly isn't a "total flop", or even a flop at all.  In fact, as of writing, worldwide sales are approximately:

PS4: 21 mllion
Xbox ONE: 11 million
Wii U: 10 million

... so it isn't even particularly far behind the Xbox ONE, though for full disclosure, I'll add that the Wii U did have a head start.  Also, because of a slew of recent and incredible releases such as Mario Kart 8 & Smash Bros, Wii U sales are both increasing and even higher than at the same time a year ago.

I hate to sound like a Nintendo fanboy.  I'm not at all, and would argue just as strongly for the PS4 or Xbox ONE if you were saying nonsense about those systems.  I just like facts :)

I apologize for going completely off topic.
No need to say sorry... its nice to have a conversation with someone who knows what they are talking about. :) But your right i failed to look up the Xbox and PS statistics.

F1 2009 for Wii and PSP was developed by Sumo Digital, Codies probably supplied the models of cars and maybe tracks. 

The real F1 game first made by Codemasters was F1 2010, this began development probably late 2008 after Codies gained he license. 

This shows why the Codemaestro's design and sell to casuals, because they know actual F1 fans will buy by default as they are the only official license holders.