When going to replay in Career Mode, I discovered the wheel displays of AI cars always shows the same level of ERS the player is in.

Does this affect their performance too?

Apparently the ai display is not setup to show the actual ERS they are using probably due to system resources. 20 different working displays would be quite a hog! 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

Apparently the ai display is not setup to show the actual ERS they are using probably due to system resources. 20 different working displays would be quite a hog! 

Think this was brought up in another thread and it was suggested Codies did this to hide what the AI are doing due to complaints of the AI being able to use Overtake way more than us.

However regarding it being a hog, I don't see how much of a hog it would be in comparison to having the other 19 AI cars having their own unique abilities and driving styles on track (you know, actually driving like individuals) ....... unless of course all this is BS?? They do already script lap times when fast forwarding/skipping Qualy so I wouldn't put it passed them.

Edited by martbloke
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, martbloke said:

Think this was brought up in another thread and it was suggested Codies did this to hide what the AI are doing due to complaints of the AI being able to use Overtake way more than us.

However regarding it being a hog, I don't see how much of a hog it would be in comparison to having the other 19 AI cars having their own unique abilities and driving styles on track (you know, actually driving like individuals) ....... unless of course all this is BS?? They do already script lap times when fast forwarding/skipping Qualy so I wouldn't put it passed them.

I was being polite to Codies out of respect as I didn't know the actual reason. Your suggestion is quite possibly way more accurate! 

:classic_ninja:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

“19 AI cars having their own unique abilities and driving styles on track (you know, actually driving like individuals) ....... unless of course all this is BS?? They do already script lap times when fast forwarding/skipping Qualy so I wouldn't put it passed them.“

Apparently all the ers lights go on and off at the same time at the same parts of the track for both the ai and the player now and this may be because CM have nerfed the ai ers strategies to match the players. If so, it is very disappointing. I’m very glad I haven’t purchased the game yet (skipped last years too due to its many problems).

Edited by chen255

3 hours ago, chen255 said:

“19 AI cars having their own unique abilities and driving styles on track (you know, actually driving like individuals) ....... unless of course all this is BS?? They do already script lap times when fast forwarding/skipping Qualy so I wouldn't put it passed them.“

Apparently all the ers lights go on and off at the same time at the same parts of the track for both the ai and the player now and this may be because CM have nerfed the ai ers strategies to match the players. If so, it is very disappointing. I’m very glad I haven’t purchased the game yet (skipped last years too due to its many problems).

Woah... Woah..... Are you saying that whenever WE change ERS the ai do the same setting at the same time every time?!? That can't be right... No way..... I must be misunderstanding you.... That would be..... Scandalous..... 

on 1.04 each AI had their own individual ERS bar for example the lead car in a train would be in standard and all 10 cars behind would be in overtake for 30 laps, so it wouldn't surprise me if CM have changed it so people couldn't see the AI cheating

4 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

Woah... Woah..... Are you saying that whenever WE change ERS the ai do the same setting at the same time every time?!? That can't be right... No way..... I must be misunderstanding you.... That would be..... Scandalous..... 

Correct

6 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

It's just a visual glitch on the wheel displays, it was in last years game as well. They still use different modes, it's quite obvious while racing. 

56 minutes ago, Worntoathread said:

It's just a visual glitch on the wheel displays, it was in last years game as well. They still use different modes, it's quite obvious while racing. 

Yeh figured so otherwise would be impossible to pass using overtake if they turned theirs on same time! 

• Agree 1