About Those Large Water Puddles on Wet Roads...

... They don't seem to affect grip in any way, and are thus a cosmetic effect, right?

But they need at least some kind of sound effect when passing through them. It's strange to have no interaction with them whatsoever.

While I'm on missing sound effects, notice the loud sound you hear when running over a grate? Where is the sound for the surface interaction with your wheels (dirt, gravel) otherwise? IE, when not running over a grate.

The lack of a basic road-interaction sound effect was really noticeable driving the mini over Argentina. The car was just bouncing away, with no sound whatsoever to reflect this. Just silently bouncing...

Edited by Jake Cushing
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 6

Noticed the same thing on today's daily in Wales. When driving over water splashes in rain I didn't notice any sound, visual effect or influence on handling. Very weird.

• Agree 4

Yeah those puddles looks great, really, I love them. But the lack of interaction is indeed quite disturbing and frustrating. Some "drag" effect in the wheel would be a good start :)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Yeah, this is one of the many things I miss from Dirt 4* – would be great to see it added to DR2.

* seriously, that game did so many things right, all to be undermined by weird grip physics 😞 

Edited by caerphoto
  • Agree 1

On 8/15/2019 at 4:45 PM, Jake Cushing said:

@PJTierney Seems a reasonable amount of agreement on this. Pass it on to the team?

Got a video/clip? Doesn't have to be your recording, just nab a relevant one from YouTube.

Would help for reference 🙂 

Just now, PJTierney said:

Got a video/clip? Doesn't have to be your recording, just nab a relevant one from YouTube.

Would help for reference 🙂 

I don't, but... simply play the game and drive over a wet surface. You'll see what I'm talking about very quickly. This isn't a bug as such, but a feature request. Puddles have no sound attached, at all, ever. You do understand what I'm referring to, right?

2 minutes ago, Jake Cushing said:

I don't, but... simply play the game and drive over a wet surface. You'll see what I'm talking about very quickly. This isn't a bug as such, but a feature request. Puddles have no sound attached, at all, ever. You do understand what I'm referring to, right?

I understand what you're referring to, but having footage makes it 100% clear 👍🏻

I'm not exactly in a position to load up the game right now and record since I'm answering all of you on the forum 😉 

The water puddles have completely wiped me out before, if you take them incorrectly they'll twist the car around.  If you take them head on though then yeah, they don't really do anything.  

37 minutes ago, lilfurbal said:

The water puddles have completely wiped me out before, if you take them incorrectly they'll twist the car around.  If you take them head on though then yeah, they don't really do anything.  

They're just for show. The surface of the entire stage is more slippery but the puddles themselves don't do anything special.

1 hour ago, lilfurbal said:

Just to make sure, but the water puddles we are referring to are the small puddles of rainwater on the track, not the large and deep ones which are indeed quite tricky when "engaged" sideways 🙂 Well at least that's what I wanted to talk about to ^^

Edited by RFeratoxin
typo
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, RFeratoxin said:

Just to make sure, but the water puddles we are referring to are the small puddles of rainwater on the track, not the large and deep ones which are indeed quite tricky when "engaged" sideways 🙂 Well at least that's what I wanted to talk about to ^^

Oh.  I thought it was about the large puddles, considering the word 'large' is used to describe them in the title of this thread.  My mistake, lol.

@PJTierneyAre screenshots with state of the art red paint©-made arrows ok ? I struggle to find any self explanatory video clip right now 😞

Puddle_australia1.2.jpg

Edited by RFeratoxin
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5
  • Agree 1