Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

TS-XW with F1 wheel

Hi everyone,

First of all. Apologies for possibly posting the same question again, but I've searched and can't seem to find any active discussions regarding this issue.

A while back I bought myself the TS-XW which comes with the Sparco P310 rim. Great wheel, but for F1 2019 it's missing some buttons. 
I've just bought myself the F1 wheel addon and, whilst it works great in "normal" mode (with pretty much the same amount of buttons as the P310). As soon as I change it to Advanced mode, the wheel doesn't seem to work as expected.

I'm able to configure all of the buttons, but the calibration is way off. Manually fixing it works, but the force feedback doesn't work properly either. Long story short: F1 2019 doesn't seem to pick it up correctly.
One other person seems to be experiencing the same issue as myself. Unfortunately I can't seem to get a hold of him at the moment: 
https://www.reddit.com/r/simracing/comments/aib58g/thrustmaster_tsxw_and_ferrari_f1_addon_wheel/

The base is up to date and the wheel works fine in other games.

Does anyone have an idea on what to do?

On 7/28/2019 at 9:06 PM, Pikok said:

Thanks for the reply. This is on the PC.

* TS-XW RACER: Firmware V4 

Driver package 2019_TTRS_1 

The Thrustmaster updaters are unreliable, often telling you software is up to date when they're not. 

Installing these drivers and updating will give you the firmware. Apologies if you have these versions. 

You should switch to the Advanced mode in the Thrustmaster Control Panel.

Basics: Ensure the wheel is correctly connected to the base, first align the connector, then tighten the QR in two stages and then gently screw in the self-tapper.

Try a USB 2.0 port if you have one (modern boards all use the USB 3.0 controller but some ports are specifically USB 2.0) don't connect using extension cables and hubs (powered or passive) and try without other controllers connected.

If you can grab a wired keyboard and mouse if you have wireless with a nano receiver or try relocating to a different port / controller.

Its only me or anyone could setup this combination in a proper way ? The game dont reconigzed at all, not even show in the setup screen, the only deviced that appear is "thrustmaster shifter",  i can bind the controls but it works like a PAD, filtering the steering input and making false vibrations on virtual steering when hit curbs.

I stopped playing F1 2018 when i changed from my old TX(that work ok with F1 wheel on advanced) because i could never make this combination work right, bought the F1 2019 and still the same problem, but this time a ask for a refund.

When i switch to normal mod on TM driver it work flawless, but i can only make all buttons work in advanced mode.

Is there any solution for this ? this is my last try, made everything i could (fresh win install, updated firmware, updated drivers) but none seems to work. 

No problems in any other game that i play (AC, ACC, DIRT, DIRT 2.0, RF2, iRacing, Raceroom, Project Cars2)

I7 4770K
ASUS VI HERO
GTX 1070 
TS-PC 
F1 WHEEL FERRARI
TH8A
HOMEMADE PEDALS

Edited by Fusobhz

Firmware, drivers. (v9, 2019_TTRS_1)

When you say 'Homemade pedals', please expand. How do they connect?

Edited by steviejay69

3 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Firmware, drivers. (v9, 2019_TTRS_1)

When you say 'Homemade pedals', please expand. How do they connect?

Already updated.

Its a Hydraulic pedals setup that are made here in Brazil, they work standalone connected directly to a usb port. They work ok in game, the only combination that the game not even reconize in controls screen is the TS-PC + F1 in advanced mode (normal mode works).

Verify Game files in Steam.

Use Geek Uninstaller to remove the driver and reinstall it after restarting then restart once installed and try the Thrustmaster Control Panel for correct operation.

If you can eliminate USB hubs or extension leads and try to relocate any nano receivers for keyboard or mouse. Try the wheelbase and shifter in a USB 2.0 controller port as well as the pedals.

If you have the TH8A as well as the pedals then that's 3 controllers, if you have a gamepad then that's more. I would try removing then introducing controllers one by one, seeing when the problems occur.

Try wheel then introduce pedals then shifter would be my way. Restart the game between connections.

Same issue, no even appear in controls setup screen when used in Advanced Mode, on Normal mode works ok.

Tried everything above.

6 hours ago, Fusobhz said:

Same issue, no even appear in controls setup screen when used in Advanced Mode, on Normal mode works ok.

Tried everything above.

So you're saying the wheel does not appear in Advanced Mode in the Thrustmaster CP?

Remove the wheel rim and check / reseat the connector in the QR. Look for bent pins or dirt.

Are you running an overclock on the 4770K? Are you using tuning software? Remove. 

MAXIMUS VI HERO? UEFI update one of the previous ones includes a USB compatibility fix, many undocumented fixes as well as documented,

No, in tm control panel works, and any other game works to.

Only in F1 games (2018//2019) that don't even recognize and appear as a selectable device to setup. 

To explain better, when you go to controls screen and the game reconize a wheel device it already give you a preset control setup to choose, and then you can edit in the way you want.
when i go in the controls screen the only device that appear is "thrustmaster shifter" the game dont see and show the "F1 wheel advanced mode TS-PC" as a know device.
As a said i can setup de bindings to wheel, but the game treats n works like playing with a generic joystick filtering the steering input and giving false shakes at the virtual steering wheel.

1 hour ago, Fusobhz said:

No, in tm control panel works, and any other game works to.

Only in F1 games (2018//2019) that don't even recognize and appear as a selectable device to setup. 

To explain better, when you go to controls screen and the game reconize a wheel device it already give you a preset control setup to choose, and then you can edit in the way you want.
when i go in the controls screen the only device that appear is "thrustmaster shifter" the game dont see and show the "F1 wheel advanced mode TS-PC" as a know device.
As a said i can setup de bindings to wheel, but the game treats n works like playing with a generic joystick filtering the steering input and giving false shakes at the virtual steering wheel.

OK, understood.

Try deleting the hardware_settings_config.xml before starting the game. (Documents\My Games\F1 2019\hardware)

If that doesn't work, then I would back up the game using Steam backup, uninstall and reinstall it, this forces a lot of the runtimes to be repaired.

Just to update, tried the combo TS+PC servo + Ferrari F1 wheel advanced mode in other pc, same issue. 

Its a Problem in game.

Found the problem,but not the fix!  the Device ID in Actionmap for TS-PC F1 ADVANCED is WRONG, the driver installed in windows says B68A and the default file for F1 comes with B696. 

When i change it to B68A in actionmap files the wheel is reconized in controls screen, but still act like a generic pad, maybe only an update from code will solve this issue.

F1problem.JPG

I had the same experience with F1 2018 and wrote to both Codies and TM support. It’s clearly a Codies fault but they said it is TM fault... The fact is that you cannot use the F1 wheel in advanced mode with TS-PC or TS-XW...

posting to confirm that the problem still exist ! 
Im unable to proper racing with my wheel combo (TS-PC + F1 wheel in advanced mode)
The game don't recognize this combo as a steering wheel, in fact it dont recognize anything at all, i can bind the axis and buttons but it work like a pad (virtual steering in game keep shaking like a visual effect)

This problem came since F1 2018, no fixed in F1 2019.

May be it will be fixed in F1 2020 ? or i will never be able to play?

2 hours ago, Fusobhz said:

posting to confirm that the problem still exist ! 
Im unable to proper racing with my wheel combo (TS-PC + F1 wheel in advanced mode)
The game don't recognize this combo as a steering wheel, in fact it dont recognize anything at all, i can bind the axis and buttons but it work like a pad (virtual steering in game keep shaking like a visual effect)

This problem came since F1 2018, no fixed in F1 2019.

May be it will be fixed in F1 2020 ? or i will never be able to play?

Firmware v10 (2020_TTRS_1) The update procedure and the driver package are both by following the link.

I recommend before you start you are using Windows 10 and you are logged into an Administrator account.

I find it hard to believe you are the only TS-PC Racer user with the F1 Rim and using in Advanced Mode on PC who has reported this issue (not arguing, just surprised).

I have used the F1 Advanced Rim on T300RS and it does work. Can you post a screenshot of your Thrustmaster Control Panel? It should show the driver, firmware and a picture of the connected rim.

18 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Firmware v10 (2020_TTRS_1) The update procedure and the driver package are both by following the link.

I recommend before you start you are using Windows 10 and you are logged into an Administrator account.

I find it hard to believe you are the only TS-PC Racer user with the F1 Rim and using in Advanced Mode on PC who has reported this issue (not arguing, just surprised).

I have used the F1 Advanced Rim on T300RS and it does work. Can you post a screenshot of your Thrustmaster Control Panel? It should show the driver, firmware and a picture of the connected rim.

I had a TX before the TS-PC and it was ok, even with the F1 wheel on advanced mode. 

I will post the screenshots when i get home, but as i already replied before, the problem is in the actionmap file who has the wrong number for the combination (ts-pc + f1 advanced), i tried to change the values myself and the game start to recnogize the joystick, but it keep working like an pad.

and im no the only person with this problem, there is some posts about it. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/simracing/comments/c8yn2g/thrustmaster_ferrari_f1_and_tspc_racer_base_set/

https://www.reddit.com/r/simracing/comments/aib58g/thrustmaster_tsxw_and_ferrari_f1_addon_wheel/

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

@Fusobhz Try this? Looking in the driver it might be B692, B696 is for TS_XW?

thrustmaster_ts_pc_f1_advanced.xml

Thank you mate, i will try this file when i get home.  

I already tried to swap the values with  one that driver informs "b68a" (picture below) for TS-PC with F1 wheel on advanced mode, partialy it worked and the game reconized the joystick, BUT it assumes that is a generic joypad and when you play it keep shaking the virtual steering in game and filtering the input (if you turn all the wheel to the lock, the animation in the game does not follow the real movement) 

So i think even with the values changed, may be some game update may be nedeed.

On 8/10/2019 at 4:39 PM, Fusobhz said:

Found the problem,but not the fix!  the Device ID in Actionmap for TS-PC F1 ADVANCED is WRONG, the driver installed in windows says B68A and the default file for F1 comes with B696. 

When i change it to B68A in actionmap files the wheel is reconized in controls screen, but still act like a generic pad, maybe only an update from code will solve this issue.

F1problem.JPG

Edited by Fusobhz
  • Like 1