Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

TS-XW with F1 wheel

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Fusobhz said:

Just to update, didn't work.

The problem persist 

Download USBDeView, unzip and right-click 'Run as Administrator'. From the Options menu, untick the 'Show Disconnected Devices' checkmark. Click any item in the (smaller) list of devices, then hit [CTRL] & [A], all the devices in the list turn blue. From the File menu, pick 'Save Selected Items', save the resulting text file (as e.g. 'myusbdeview.txt') then post it here.

Thanks.

Edited by steviejay69

Posted (edited)

@Pikok can you complete the same information as in this post? (I have asked for the threads to be merged with @Fusobhz

Also TTRS_2020_1 with firmware v5

Edited by steviejay69
Added driver and firmware update

This issue was resolved a long time ago.

What I ended up doing was removing the controller configuration I was having issues with, restarted F1 2019 after which the game prompted me to set everything up again.

• Thanks 1

@Fusobhz the other user reported deleting any custom control schemes in-game. 

Disconnect the wheel, go into the in-game, remove any custom control schemas.

Exit the game, delete the hardware_settings_config.xml, reattach the wheel. Check for 100% operation and wheel rotation / DOR in Thrustmaster CP.

Launch the game, hopefully the wheel is redetected and if you try it before saving custom mappings. 

Once you have verified all the buttons work and the steering is normal, only then try the custom mappings.

Please complete the steps in the post above, it will be useful to me for clarification going forward, it is all I ask in thanks.

Merged. Albeit a little incorrectly - my bad on that one!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Download USBDeView, unzip and right-click 'Run as Administrator'. From the Options menu, untick the 'Show Disconnected Devices' checkmark. Click any item in the (smaller) list of devices, then hit [CTRL] & [A], all the devices in the list turn blue. From the File menu, pick 'Save Selected Items', save the resulting text file (as e.g. 'myusbdeview.txt') then post it here.

Thanks.

Done

18 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

@Pikok can you complete the same information as in this post? (I have asked for the threads to be merged with @Fusobhz

Also TTRS_2020_1 with firmware v6

tsf1.jpg

17 hours ago, Pikok said:

This issue was resolved a long time ago.

What I ended up doing was removing the controller configuration I was having issues with, restarted F1 2019 after which the game prompted me to set everything up again.

already tried a fresh windows installation, the problem occour on F12018/F12019 exaclty the same problem, no detection of the device above, i can bind the buttons and it will work like a gamepad (filter steering inputs and fake effects on virtual steering wheel)

list.txt

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Completing the info, and so you guys can see that im realy trying to play the game, already bought 3 times and ask for refund because this problem.

steamff1.jpg

and i will bring again to the topic that the PRODUCT ID in action maps for the game (f1 2018 screenshot, but you guys can open from f1 2019 and will see the same number) is wrong.
The file told to game to search for the B686 device, when the correct number is the B68A as the screenshot shows. 

productid.jpg

Its clear where the problem is, but swap the 2 values (typeid_to_name_dictionary.xml / thrustmaster_ts_pc_f1_advanced.xml) dont fix 100% the issue, it keep acting like a gamepad.

May be something even more inside the files needed to be change to.

Edited by Fusobhz

Sorry if this is obvious, I'm sure you already have done this, but you did also change the second instance of the device name a few lines further down?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I've been looking at the driver files and I'm not convinced the driver is even correct. Codemasters might be wrong but only because Thrustmaster might be (the driver is still headed $CHICAGO$ which is W98 (!) and the NT version has not been changed since NT 6.2 which is W8.0 (!)). In itself, it's probably not a biggy but the header should be $WINDOWS_NT$

It seems the only value in it (TS-XX F1 ADVANCED) is for B696 which is with the TS_XW. 

B68A is correct for the TS_PC and that's definitive according to how the driver is detecting.

But TS_XW has B692, B693 (F1) and B696 (F1 ADVANCED). (Looks like I was well off with B692 ☹️ )

TS_PC has B689 and B68A (F1). I think the driver isn't right and that's why B696 works like a pad because it's expecting the TS_XW firmware (and base).

Gonna ask Thrustmaster to take a look too.

Edited by steviejay69
Trying not to defame Thrustmaster :)

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Fusobhz said:

tsf1.jpg

See, to my mind it should describe the rim as Ferrari 'F1 Rim in Advanced Mode'. Fairly sure the T300 did this (I don't have the rim any more).

But the T300 only had 2 IDs (B66E & B66F with the F1 Rim)

Edited by steviejay69

1 hour ago, Morsify said:

Sorry if this is obvious, I'm sure you already have done this, but you did also change the second instance of the device name a few lines further down?

Yep, 2 values in TS-PC f1 file and 1 value on dictionary file.

54 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

I've been looking at the driver files and I'm not convinced the driver is even correct. Codemasters might be wrong but only because Thrustmaster might be (the driver is still headed $CHICAGO$ which is W98 (!) and the NT version has not been changed since NT 6.2 which is W8.0 (!)). In itself, it's probably not a biggy but the header should be $WINDOWS_NT$

It seems the only value in it (TS-XX F1 ADVANCED) is for B696 which is with the TS_XW. 

B68A is correct for the TS_PC and that's definitive according to how the driver is detecting.

But TS_XW has B692, B693 (F1) and B696 (F1 ADVANCED). (Looks like I was well off with B692 ☹️ )

TS_PC has B689 and B68A (F1). I think the driver isn't right and that's why B696 works like a pad because it's expecting the TS_XW firmware (and base).

Gonna ask Thrustmaster to take a look too.

I'm not home now, but in f1 normal mode and with other wheel (like the R383) it works fine, the product id matches and no problem occurs.

The problem is only with the F1 on advanced mode.

39 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

See, to my mind it should describe the rim as Ferrari 'F1 Rim in Advanced Mode'. Fairly sure the T300 did this (I don't have the rim any more).

But the T300 only had 2 IDs (B66E & B66F with the F1 Rim)

Later when I get home I'll post these 2 screenshots, with f1 on normal mode (works perfectly) and with the R383 wheel (works perfectly to)

But I can say that the 2 action maps files match with productid number on drivers, for sure.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Fusobhz said:

Yep, 2 values in TS-PC f1 file and 1 value on dictionary file.

I'm not home now, but in f1 normal mode and with other wheel (like the R383) it works fine, the product id matches and no problem occurs.

The problem is only with the F1 on advanced mode.

Later when I get home I'll post these 2 screenshots, with f1 on normal mode (works perfectly) and with the R383 wheel (works perfectly to)

But I can say that the 2 action maps files match with productid number on drivers, for sure.

I'm not disagreeing with you, merely pointing out that the B696 ID is for the TS-XW, AFAIU.

It's not abnormal for the device ID to change with the addition of a rim. The T300 I had only had one base ID, the Open Wheel Rim did not change it. The F1 Rim changed the ID when it was added to the T300 (the ID is different again for the T300 base when it's in PS4 mode - not applicable to you as it's a PC only wheel, the TS-XW will probably be the same, but won't be seen in the driver because it's not identified by the PC. It also didn't matter if the F1 wheel was in advanced or normal mode, but the driver did restart when changing, as the device description changed in Device Manager). The USBDeView shows my T300 as a disconnected device if I leave it in PS4 mode - incidentally that's T500 emulation mode for a T300, as it did for my old G920 before I installed the driver (it appeared in Device Manager as an XBox Driving Wheel or something might even have been XBox HID device, can't remember).

I'm pretty sure the B68A device is correct. As TM's FFB driver hasn't really changed for a while (2017 I think), you could try going back to earlier drivers if you really wanted. It might be an error in the software itself (2019 had 1 release, 2018 had 1, 2 and 3, 2017 had release 1, 4, 5, 6 and 7. (I guess there's nothing to lose to see if the feedback works properly by installing these drivers; I guess uninstalling and installing 2017_TTRS_1 then going sequentially from there. At least while you wait for CM or TM to get back....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yk5dkaixdhylyzx/2019_TTRS_1.exe?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/04v67mwos7xkok4/2018_TTRS_3.exe?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1nb5u3dtn5zqqup/2018_TTRS_2.exe?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zz12ar1adnufowd/2018_TTRS_1.exe?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ymmvzulyju3z6in/2017_TTRS_7.exe?dl=0 (I didn't have a T300 prior to this one, Station drivers have only the older Vista and 9x/XP versions that I don't. And I just recovered these from my old file history on Windows 10, I only normally keep the latest.)

But I agree your actionmap change is probably correct to B68A.

What happens if you disconnect the shifter TH8RS (or make sure it is in neutral)? Just musing as there was an issue with Logitech wheels misbehaving when the shifter was left in gear.

Edited by steviejay69

CUSTOMER SERVICE ANSWER

Reference: [REDACTED]

Dear REDACTED,

Thank you for contacting Thrustmaster Tech Support!

We are checking your request and we'll update you as soon as possible.

Thank you

To ensure the most efficient follow-up of your query, please answer directly to this email (do not open a new ticket).

Kind regards,
Your Thrustmaster Customer Support Agent, REDACTED
http://support.thrustmaster.com

At least someone from Thrustmaster will look this over. 🤞

• Like 1

Is there a known fix for this? Same issue.. 

Tsxw with f1 wheel simply does not exist for the game 

14 minutes ago, DpMario11 said:

Is there a known fix for this? Same issue.. 

Tsxw with f1 wheel simply does not exist for the game 

No fix yet

10 hours ago, Fusobhz said:

No fix yet

Last communication from Thrustmaster was 8 days ago, I guess we just have to wait.

I have input to steer/ accelerate and brake All the buttons work on the wheel and base itself, but ZERO FFB. Not even a hint. Works on ALL other games even Dirt Rally 2.0. (is it a different game engine?) just not F1 2018/2019. So I'm almost in the same boat as Fusobhz

Ive tried mannnny things, these are the troubleshooting steps i took, i was working with Codies support via Email but they went dark on me last week,

F1 2019 v. 1.22 I am running on a PC windows 10, intel i7 9th gen, Nvidia 2070. Thrustmaster TS-XW w/ sparco rim

I've tried in career, time trial. F1 f2 2018/ 2019 cars.

Ive never had it work to begin with so this is a problem since day 1 for me

So far this is how these are the things I've tried on the top of my head.

-I’ve updated Nvidia drivers
-updated thrustmaster drivers
-verified integrity of game files
-gone though global steam input settings (forced on, forced off, default) both DX11 and DX12
-tried all profiles in F1 controller settings for the wheel
-Uninstalled old G29 drivers and Logitech Ghub with Geek Uninstaller
- uninstalled Thrustmaster drivers and Control Panel with Geek Uninstaller
-reset, unplugged, and reinstalled Thrustmaster TS-XW with newest drivers
-unchecked all controller boxes in steam controller settings

-installed F1 2018 on xbox game pass and still no FFB

-separate pedal axis is on by default but I turned it off to try....Terrible experience and still no FFB

There was this bug people on steam with G29 wheels were experiencing. Project cars 2 and changing some data in the RegEdit for the inputs. So my old wheel (g29) i thought may have been effecting my new one. But this squashed this theory by

-plugged into my other gaming comp, updated all drivers and that. G29 was never plugged into this computer, and PC2 was never installed. STILL no FFB

It does seem like there are some files in the StevieJAy69 was saying to delete. Im not super confortable deleting game files unless im sure it works.. did anything work for you?? any suggestions anyone?

all forums Ive posted have been quiet, but this looks more promising

ALSO! is there a new Firmware v6?? its not on Thrustmaster support [page but i see you uploaded something

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, swifty778 said:

I have input to steer/ accelerate and brake All the buttons work on the wheel and base itself, but ZERO FFB. Not even a hint. Works on ALL other games even Dirt Rally 2.0. (is it a different game engine?) just not F1 2018/2019. So I'm almost in the same boat as Fusobhz

Ive tried mannnny things, these are the troubleshooting steps i took, i was working with Codies support via Email but they went dark on me last week,

F1 2019 v. 1.22 I am running on a PC windows 10, intel i7 9th gen, Nvidia 2070. Thrustmaster TS-XW w/ sparco rim

I've tried in career, time trial. F1 f2 2018/ 2019 cars.

Ive never had it work to begin with so this is a problem since day 1 for me

So far this is how these are the things I've tried on the top of my head.

-I’ve updated Nvidia drivers
-updated thrustmaster drivers
-verified integrity of game files
-gone though global steam input settings (forced on, forced off, default) both DX11 and DX12
-tried all profiles in F1 controller settings for the wheel
-Uninstalled old G29 drivers and Logitech Ghub with Geek Uninstaller
- uninstalled Thrustmaster drivers and Control Panel with Geek Uninstaller
-reset, unplugged, and reinstalled Thrustmaster TS-XW with newest drivers
-unchecked all controller boxes in steam controller settings

-installed F1 2018 on xbox game pass and still no FFB

-separate pedal axis is on by default but I turned it off to try....Terrible experience and still no FFB

There was this bug people on steam with G29 wheels were experiencing. Project cars 2 and changing some data in the RegEdit for the inputs. So my old wheel (g29) i thought may have been effecting my new one. But this squashed this theory by

-plugged into my other gaming comp, updated all drivers and that. G29 was never plugged into this computer, and PC2 was never installed. STILL no FFB

It does seem like there are some files in the StevieJAy69 was saying to delete. Im not super confortable deleting game files unless im sure it works.. did anything work for you?? any suggestions anyone?

all forums Ive posted have been quiet, but this looks more promising

ALSO! is there a new Firmware v6?? its not on Thrustmaster support [page but i see you uploaded something

No, no newer firmware. I did upload older drivers in case anyone wanted to roll back, but I'm not sure if they're really different.

Deleting the hardware_settings_config.xml file will force a redetection of the connected peripherals and game settings, that works. It's an approved CM troubleshooting step. (Do it when the game is not running).

Before doing it, I'd delete the in-game controller schemas (especially for unused hardware). 

What happens when you try the FFB effects in the Thrustmaster CP? Try on F1 and Advanced Modes?

Edited by steviejay69

On 5/14/2020 at 1:51 PM, steviejay69 said:

No, no newer firmware. I did upload older drivers in case anyone wanted to roll back, but I'm not sure if they're really different.

Deleting the hardware_settings_config.xml file will force a redetection of the connected peripherals and game settings, that works. It's an approved CM troubleshooting step. (Do it when the game is not running).

Before doing it, I'd delete the in-game controller schemas (especially for unused hardware). 

What happens when you try the FFB effects in the Thrustmaster CP? Try on F1 and Advanced Modes? 

Sorry man! i didnt realize i got a reply and i gave up on F1, but i will be more on top of it my bad,

so i am running on stock sparco rim and my Thrustmaster CP doesnt have advanced mode.

also i am nooob and this may be a dumb question. i will delete all my ingame controller profiles, but how do i delete the hardware_settings_config.xml file?

thanks for the time!

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, swifty778 said:

Sorry man! i didnt realize i got a reply and i gave up on F1, but i will be more on top of it my bad,

so i am running on stock sparco rim and my Thrustmaster CP doesnt have advanced mode.

also i am nooob and this may be a dumb question. i will delete all my ingame controller profiles, but how do i delete the hardware_settings_config.xml file?

thanks for the time!

The location is mentioned in the pinned troubleshooting tips thread, but

C:\Users\<Your username>\Documents\My Games\F1 2019\hardware

due to other posts in the thread we assume this still does not work and we are awaiting a response from Thrustmaster but have as yet had none other than a stock response that they will investigate and update us when they have.

Might also be an idea to delete the actionmaps and verify the files with Steam once more to make sure they are 'fresh'.

Where did you get to with Codemasters support? 

Edited by steviejay69

On 4/23/2020 at 2:03 PM, steviejay69 said:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yk5dkaixdhylyzx/2019_TTRS_1.exe?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/04v67mwos7xkok4/2018_TTRS_3.exe?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1nb5u3dtn5zqqup/2018_TTRS_2.exe?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zz12ar1adnufowd/2018_TTRS_1.exe?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ymmvzulyju3z6in/2017_TTRS_7.exe?dl=0 (I didn't have a T300 prior to this one, Station drivers have only the older Vista and 9x/XP versions that I don't. And I just recovered these from my old file history on Windows 10, I only normally keep the latest.)

@swifty778 @Fusobhz @Pikok @Morsify @Bazzaqne @DpMario11

FYI, I am about to remove (probably by the release of F1 2020) these archived drivers if they are not required. I have changed my wheel and will be using Fanatec CSL Elite Wheelbase, CSP F1 2020 LE rim, CSPv1 pedals.

It occurs to me that Thrustmaster are the only major wheel supplier not using 64-bit drivers. Logitech and Fanatec being the mainstream alternatives.

No response to my message to Thrustmaster Tech Support bar the first automated.

• Thanks 1

Thanks @steviejay69, that's good of you. I've stored them away in case something weird or unforeseen happens to my wheel in the future.

• Like 1

Just now, Morsify said:

Thanks @steviejay69, that's good of you. I've stored them away in case something weird or unforeseen happens to my wheel in the future.

Yeah It's harder to get the older drivers from Thrustmaster for sure.