Sign in to follow this  

First Person camera option?

I wonder if any racing games have this? What I am thinking of is a camera option where you drive with more pov. Pretty much the same as cockpit view, but camera is placed inside helmet and you could have the option to open or shut the visor. With bugs, rain, tire marbles, etc getting stuck on the visor and you could press a button to remove tear-off. I would also like to see more headmovment when braking, accelerating, shifting gears and turning. And the sounds would be like you were inside a helmet. Of course with the stupidity of hearing the the people on the grandstand gone. 

For me this would be amazing to have in the f1 games. But any is there any racing games/sims who have this camera option?

• Like 1

Project Cars 2 has this option, it has the 2011 spec F1 car, and Formula X a kind of concept f1 car

• Agree 1

I'm pretty sure F1 1997 or whatever it was called back then had this. I remember driving it on the original Playstation in cockpit view and the visor/lens would get all soggy in the wet and have dirt all over it.

• Agree 2

PCARS 2 as mentioned. Dirt Rally 2.0 has a helmet cam also, but it isn't as detailed. 

You Can change your FOV in this game under Camera options, though. 

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, janbonator said:

I'm pretty sure F1 1997 or whatever it was called back then had this. I remember driving it on the original Playstation in cockpit view and the visor/lens would get all soggy in the wet and have dirt all over it.

Yep, it wasn't really a helmet cam but you could even use a tear-off as your 'visor' got dirty.

• Agree 1