FFB Less In Online

Posted (edited)

Has anyone noticed that online there is a drop in wheel force feed back level compared to offline?

When playing offline such as time trial the FFB is fine but when racing in online, its almost as if the overall FFB of the wheel drops by around 30% at least. I tried a couple of friend wheels on a different consoles and we all noticed the same thing, 3 different consoles and 3 different makes of wheel. I asked in a lobby last night and a couple of people said they had the same issue.

Console: Xbox One X, Wheel: Thrustmaster TS XW, T300 and Fanatec Elite 

Edited by TomAAA
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Omg, this issue again? This was the case also in 2017... come to think of it, setups switching online between q and R was also there.

How can something be 2 years in development and still expose the same bugs as years before!? 

It baffles me really! What have they been doing in those 2 years then? 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, AlexTT said:

Omg, this issue again? This was the case also in 2017... come to think of it, setups switching online between q and R was also there.

How can something be 2 years in development and still expose the same bugs as years before!? 

It baffles me really! What have they been doing in those 2 years then? 

I honestly think they were lying about it being in development for 2 years... I mean, it has to be a lie with all the issues the game has, and the carbon copy stuff from 2018's career mode.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DirtDiver25 said:

I honestly think they were lying about it being in development for 2 years... I mean, it has to be a lie with all the issues the game has, and the carbon copy stuff from 2018's career mode.

I doubt it's a lie, but it was probably a slightly misleading thing to highlight to an audience that's mostly not all that familiar with software development. Each year's new game is likely branched and being worked on some time before the previous one is finished anyway, so the "two years development" is maybe only worth an extra 9 or 10 months to start with. That probably included a few weeks of deciding exactly how they were going to work the new F2 stuff into the game, so maybe we're down to 8 or 9 months of actual extra development time. With a whole new bunch of F2 cars to model, all the Devon cutscenes to cast, script, and mocap, the F2 voiceovers to contract and script, all the new Leagues stuff to implement, and the extra QA effort required for all of the above... it likely didn't really leave much time to do anything more than they usually do to the F1 part of the game between releases.

Edited by scottishwildcat
  • Agree 1

Think you’re right on that but for me the FFB feels different in each game mode.

different in TT, GP and online. Though online feels the floatiest

I'm having this issue too, but I've noticed something else. Sometimes my wheel is changing DOR to 900 in game by itself. I had this on 2018 also but I've got a brand new T300 servo  since then so I know it isn't that.

I'm on Ps4 with Thrustmaster T300, GTE Rim, T3PA pedals. 

If you use a pad with your wheel at same time, I use mine for photomode, that triggers a DOR change. 

Pressing Ps4 button to either accept an invite for a race lobby or check a message on ps dash, this triggers the DOR to change aswell. 

Odd occasion just entering an online lobby triggers the DOR to change.

I usually set my wheel to 360, so the soft lock for full wheel rotation is half a turn basically either way when DOR changes the soft lock disappears and the wheel turns 1 and half times either way to the soft lock. You back out the game and wheel is on 4 flashes for 900 DOR.

Just wondering if anyone else has got the issue and could it be an answer to the FFB issue online?

Well, i just experienced it too.

very very very annoying too say the least.

ffb wasn't there almost, lost all feeling in the car, went almost every time into massive oversteer because of the lack of communication in the wheel.

10 hours ago, AlexTT said:

Well, i just experienced it too.

very very very annoying too say the least.

ffb wasn't there almost, lost all feeling in the car, went almost every time into massive oversteer because of the lack of communication in the wheel.

I thought your disc went in the bin days back? 😂

58 minutes ago, kalamazoo123 said:

I thought your disc went in the bin days back? 😂

True, but if you read furter i took it back out 😉 had a weekly to do which wonderously got me in top 2%. 

Posted (edited)

Was this force feedback loss online also the case prior to the 1.06 patch on the XBox One?

Edited by OnlookerDelay

10 hours ago, OnlookerDelay said:

Was this force feedback loss online also the case prior to the 1.06 patch on the XBox One?

No most definitely not,

on the ps4 wheel t300 we've noticed it badly in our league ,

before the last update ffb was fine, since the latest patch and multiplayer is where it shows the worst,

we had a great game and everyone praised codemasters on here and social media,

so how can one update ruin a game, this apples really to wheel users ,

pad users haven't noticed and they seem to have a advantage again,

ive asked for a reply but nothing has been said, I reported it,

i wish I could uninstall patch 1.06 , please please codemasters revert back to patch 1.05 ,

i am one of many sim racers who've spent hundreds of hours testing and league racing ,what do I know lol,

all the best 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

On the Xbox it has been there since release day

Edited by TomAAA

3 hours ago, TomAAA said:

On the Xbox it has been there since release day

Okay, thanks for that bit of information.  I'm on the fence about buying it right now, so reading facts like this have convinced me to wait on the next patch to see if it gets fixed there.  I'm still playing F1 2018 rather contently, but I know at some point I'm going to want to try the online league feature.  What's the point in doing that when I'm going to be struggling with force feedback that's as radically different online verses off?

3 minutes ago, OnlookerDelay said:

Okay, thanks for that bit of information.  I'm on the fence about buying it right now, so reading facts like this have convinced me to wait on the next patch to see if it gets fixed there.  I'm still playing F1 2018 rather contently, but I know at some point I'm going to want to try the online league feature.  What's the point in doing that when I'm going to be struggling with force feedback that's as radically different online verses off?

Don't buy it for leagues, it's honestly not a very well fleshed out idea. It's fine in principal but the old ways are gonna prove to be the best this year at least.

Just now, steviejay69 said:

Don't buy it for leagues, it's honestly not a very well fleshed out idea. It's fine in principal but the old ways are gonna prove to be the best this year at least.

Really?  Ughhh... even if you've got a group of honorable racers who've known and raced against each other for years in various games?  Are there other areas of F1 2019 you can put your finger on that make it a clear winner over 2018?  I'm thinking I would enjoy the F2 cars, for example.  The force feedback in F1 2018 is decent, but doesn't compare to what I can dial up for Project CARS 2.  Is the force feedback - offline - for F1 2019 superior to that of F1 2018 on the XBox One? 

21 minutes ago, OnlookerDelay said:

Really?  Ughhh... even if you've got a group of honorable racers who've known and raced against each other for years in various games?  Are there other areas of F1 2019 you can put your finger on that make it a clear winner over 2018?  I'm thinking I would enjoy the F2 cars, for example.  The force feedback in F1 2018 is decent, but doesn't compare to what I can dial up for Project CARS 2.  Is the force feedback - offline - for F1 2019 superior to that of F1 2018 on the XBox One? 

It's not about the participants, it's the way the game implements league functionality. It doesn't tally with the way leagues operate. The central mailbox idea is good but race scheduling, reserve slots and the ability to have AI race for participants needs work.

55 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

It's not about the participants, it's the way the game implements league functionality. It doesn't tally with the way leagues operate. The central mailbox idea is good but race scheduling, reserve slots and the ability to have AI race for participants needs work.

I see... well, hopefully that's something that could also be worked out in a patch.  I think I'll hold of purchasing for now, with the idea of seeing what future patches may bring to get the game to what I'm looking for.

54 minutes ago, OnlookerDelay said:

I see... well, hopefully that's something that could also be worked out in a patch.  I think I'll hold of purchasing for now, with the idea of seeing what future patches may bring to get the game to what I'm looking for.

I don't see anyone posting about the issues like since the day the game was released. Pretty much patches so far have ignored the issues, but there are globally pressing bugs as per.

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, senna94f1 said:

No most definitely not,

on the ps4 wheel t300 we've noticed it badly in our league ,

before the last update ffb was fine, since the latest patch and multiplayer is where it shows the worst,

we had a great game and everyone praised codemasters on here and social media,

so how can one update ruin a game, this apples really to wheel users ,

pad users haven't noticed and they seem to have a advantage again,

ive asked for a reply but nothing has been said, I reported it,

i wish I could uninstall patch 1.06 , please please codemasters revert back to patch 1.05 ,

i am one of many sim racers who've spent hundreds of hours testing and league racing ,what do I know lol,

all the best 

Codermasters, why do pad users have such a massive advantage?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Achilles7 said:

crickets..... 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Achilles7 said:

Where where did the word massive comes from .

i thought I wrote pad users seem to have an advantage again ,

note word seem and not massive lol,

i know from league racing and reports from codemasters themselves that prev game f12018 pad users had 1 to 2 seconds advantage plus there tyre wear was a lot better, 

wheel users had the advantage in the rain,

this comes from many hours league racing .

but this is about ffb which relates more to wheel users tbh.

Posted (edited)

I see now that F1 2019 is on sale for 30% off ($41.99) to XBox Live Gold Members, as part of the Summer Spotlight 2019, for the next three days.  I might have my hand forced in purchasing this before a confirmed force-feedback patch after all.  I guess it works fine in career and offline racing on the XBox One X from what I'm reading?

Edited by OnlookerDelay

2 hours ago, OnlookerDelay said:

I see now that F1 2019 is on sale for 30% off ($41.99) to XBox Live Gold Members, as part of the Summer Spotlight 2019, for the next three days.  I might have my hand forced in purchasing this before a confirmed force-feedback patch after all.  I guess it works fine in career and offline racing on the XBox One X from what I'm reading?

Save your money

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

2 hours ago, OnlookerDelay said:

If you know there's a game bug, don't just buy it because it's cheap. We're only here complaining in hope with buyer's regret.

I swear if it wasn't for organised leagues I would just sell the rig and everything 🙂