FFB Less In Online

16 minutes ago, OnlookerDelay said:

Really... it's that bad?

No. Some posters are over exaggerating many things.

Like many games its not perfect.

Personally I've noticed no difference from the last update

37 minutes ago, OnlookerDelay said:

Really... it's that bad?

If you call years old bugs still in the game bad, yes. 

And the rest, just read over here 😉

just wait another 2 months, will it be 20 bucks or so...

Thanks for the input on this folks.  I'm really wanting a crack at the F2's, but if I'm enjoying F1 2018 and some of its Classic cars from the 70's currently, it's probably enough to tide me over until the force feedback issues get ironed out.

1 hour ago, AlexTT said:

If you call years old bugs still in the game bad, yes. 

Why keep buying it year after year then..

Is it just me, or does the FFB come with wonky input signals? 

When all is good my wheel and pedals are perfect, as soon as FFB goes, i start locking up, feels like my throttle is pushed deeper then i have it and the rear steps out, the car becomes a totally different ride when the ffb falls off.

can someone check that?

On a last minute impulse, I bought it before the XBox Gold price of $41.99 ended.  I've played it for about 3 hours now, and I can say I'm already more pleased with it - at least offline - than I was with F1 2018.  I didn't make a ton of changes to the force feedback, plus the feedback variables they've allowed you to change are a bit different from 2018, but even my first guess at them produced more satisfying effects, IMO.

I was also more pleased with the AI, for reasons I can't fully put my finger on.  I set the AI at 46% with slightly passive aggression and that seems to be a good fit, so far, for someone of my less than average racing skills.  I set up a 16 even Grand Prix series last night.  I did a 25% race at Melbourne and started 20th, worked my way up to 17th, dropped to 19th and then finished 18th.  The give and take with the last four cars was incredible; I've never experienced anything like it, even in F1 2018.  I was just as enthralled over that as much as I would have been had I won the race. 

I don't know that I could tell that much of a difference in the graphics, but the animation seemed to be more consistent and fluid.  I never experienced anything resembling a frame drop.  I'm on an XBox One X, FWIW.

I haven't spent enough time to unravel it yet, but so far I'm happy with it.  I've just learned that the 1.07 patch is out for all platforms.  I haven't tried it yet but I'm off to do so. The initial reports are that the force-feedback still does not work properly in online and time trials.  I just hope they eventually get the force feedback issues worked out for online racing.  I'll make comments about the 1.07 patch comment thread if I see anything worth noting there.

Hi guys

For those who have problem with weak ffb in online mode. Please, post your system and wheel you're running on. It could be helpful to know, that maybe only specific wheels are affected by issue.

Thanks

For me it feels different on PS4 online than offline. Sometimes even on ice.

Fanatec CSL Elite and PS4

I'm curious if I have the same problems with the Fanatec DD.