Sign in to follow this  

Lancia Delta S4 Rallycross & MG Metro 6R4 Rallycross - Available Now

DR2_MG_Metro6R4RX (1).jpg

Take to your favourite Rallycross circuit as 2 new cars make their way to DiRT Rally 2.0 today.

Lancia Delta S4 Rallycross

The Lancia Delta S4 was one of the most ferocious cars to compete in Group B rally. When Group B was disbanded in 1986, many of the Delta S4s that had been in competition were quickly repurposed for Rallycross. Drivers like Matti Alamäki, heavily modified the car, optimising it for the sprint format that is synonymous with Rallycross.

MG Metro 6R4 Rallycross

Based on the MG Metro 6R4 mid-engined Group B rally car, the Rallycross version sported a number of upgrades and modifications. This car was a regular at Rallycross events around the world, and was especially popular amongst European Rallycross drivers in the late 1980s.

DIRT_RALLY_2.0-CONTENT_SEASON2-PEGI.jpg

Both of these cars are releasing from today, July 30. Please note that depending on your platform and region the release time will vary, so don’t worry if you cannot find them right away. Some storefronts update in the mornings, some in the afternoons and some in the evenings. No matter where you play the game however, you should be motoring by the end of the day.

Both of these cars are available as part of Season 2’s content. If you’ve got the Deluxe Edition of the game these cars will be waiting for you once they go live, and if you’re a Standard Edition player you can upgrade to the Deluxe Content Pack below to get all content from Seasons 1 and 2:

• Thanks 5

Hello everyone 🙂

Just a quick heads up regarding the upcoming car DLC for July 30.

These cars are rolling out to various platforms and regions at multiple times, so do not be alarmed if they do not appear in your store, certain game modes, or as part of your Deluxe Content right on the stroke of midnight. Everybody should be able to drive these cars by the end of the day, but if we get into Wednesday and you still can't access them please let us know.

This was mentioned in The DiRT Roadbook but I figured I'd make a post here to be sure.

http://blog.codemasters.com/community/07/the-dirt-roadbook-july-26-2019/

Both of these cars are releasing on July 30. Please note that depending on your platform and region the release time will vary, so don’t worry if you cannot find them right away. Some storefronts update in the mornings, some in the afternoons and some in the evenings. No matter where you play the game however, you should be motoring by the end of the day.

Let's open this thread up then, shall we? 😉

2 videos will be going up on our YouTube over today and tomorrow (19.00 BST both days), as Jon's been throwing these cars round a few circuits 👍🏻

https://www.youtube.com/user/dirtgame

Ok, so can we please get the information whether these cars have manual or sequential gearbox? Because the in-game description says "manual" for all group B rx cars, but when you drive them with the setting "manual h-pattern with clutch or sequential" on, Peugeot 205 and Ford RS are sequential, while the new cars are manual h-pattern. So, what's true? Shouldn't all rx cars be sequential? It's so confusing.

• Like 1

Well, Group B cars should be h-pattern manual, even their Rallycross counterparts.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, AyrtJ97 said:

Well, Group B cars should be h-pattern manual, even their Rallycross counterparts.

Not always.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mwoodski said:

Not always.

The only exception I know, is the quattro S1 E2, which was something as a h-pattern sequential. Apart from that... I'm talking about completely original, factory-spec cars, not "modernized" cars.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Group B rallycross cars in period specification were all H-pattern, sequential came later.

I am not sure what rallycross cars (if any) Codemasters modelled the 205 and Delta S4 on, but I am pretty sure the Lawrence Gibson 6R4 was sequential when CM would have researched it and the Doran RS200 was definitely sequential when they checked it out... 

...the Doran RS200 has now reverted back to a H-pattern box in order to conform to Retro Rallycross regulations. I haven't seen the Lawrence Gibson 6R4 for a few years but, based on what the new owner has planned for it, I believe that has returned to a H-pattern setup as well. 

Edited by tbtstt
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, AyrtJ97 said:

22 hours ago, mwoodski said:

Not always.

20 hours ago, AyrtJ97 said:

The only exception I know, is the quattro S1 E2, which was something as a h-pattern sequential. Apart from that... I'm talking about completely original, factory-spec cars, not "modernized" cars.

17 hours ago, tbtstt said:

Group B rallycross cars in period specification were all H-pattern, sequential came later.

I am not sure what rallycross cars (if any) Codemasters modelled the 205 and Delta S4 on, but I am pretty sure the Lawrence Gibson 6R4 was sequential when CM would have researched it and the Doran RS200 was definitely sequential when they checked it out... 

...the Doran RS200 has now reverted back to a H-pattern box in order to conform to Retro Rallycross regulations. I haven't seen the Lawrence Gibson 6R4 for a few years but, based on what the new owner has planned for it, I believe that has returned to a H-pattern setup as well. 

Thanks for the answers guys. What worries me is the inconsistency between what is written in the in-game description, and what happens when you go out on a stage. Like I said, Peugeot and Ford from Group B rx are supposed to be manual according to the game, but it is sequential when you drive the stage. It's not only a problem with rallycross, in H3 RWD same thing happens in Renault 5 Turbo. I don't get how such discrepancies come about. It annoys me more than it should I guess..

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, danielofifi said:

I don't get how such discrepancies come about. It annoys me more than it should I guess..

No, you're right.

While I am not affected by this, because I play with a controller, I hate those things.

Descriptions should be correct. Stats should be correct. Translations should be correct.

Small things, but in all these areas there are several issues in this game.

And I believe there are many reports of cars with a wrong gearbox in-game.

• Agree 2

29 minutes ago, danielofifi said:

Thanks for the answers guys. What worries me is the inconsistency between what is written in the in-game description, and what happens when you go out on a stage. Like I said, Peugeot and Ford from Group B rx are supposed to be manual according to the game, but it is sequential when you drive the stage. It's not only a problem with rallycross, in H3 RWD same thing happens in Renault 5 Turbo. I don't get how such discrepancies come about. It annoys me more than it should I guess..

I have already raised the question about the specification of the Group B rallycross cars, as there are errors throughout. The RS200 is listed as the Evolution variant (which would be correct for rallycross), but the specification doesn't reflect that (the engine size should be 2.1L not 1.8L) and the power figures aren't correct for an Evo. 

I am unsure why these - and other - mistakes are in there as, for the most part, the technical details for the other cars in game is pretty accurate. My best guess is licensing. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, tbtstt said:

The S4 livery looks to be from this one, although not complete. Matti Alamaki 1987 ERX. Maybe that helps to which specs it is based on?

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor Matti Alamäki Lancia

http://lanciaworkshistory.com/Delta-S4/

Chassis 226 TO 19737F was used at the controversial Sanremo rally with Miki Biasion. Markku Alen then used the car at the 1986 RAC Rally. Matti Alamaki then used the car for the 1987 European Rallycross Championship and a run through the Valkeakoski stage on the 1987 1000 Lakes with skier Patu Leppälä strapped to the roof. Jarmo Lahteenmaki then used the car at British Rallycross races in 1988 befroe doing the 1989 European Rallycross Championship. Today the car is owned by Juha Kankkunen

• Like 1

20 hours ago, tbtstt said:

Interesting, didn't know that Gibson's 6R4 was sequential, but I supposed Doran's RS200 was.

As for in-game, I would prefer cars were h-patter, for history purposes, but well, that deccision doesn't belong to me.

2 hours ago, tbtstt said:

I have already raised the question about the specification of the Group B rallycross cars, as there are errors throughout. The RS200 is listed as the Evolution variant (which would be correct for rallycross), but the specification doesn't reflect that (the engine size should be 2.1L not 1.8L) and the power figures aren't correct for an Evo. 

I am unsure why these - and other - mistakes are in there as, for the most part, the technical details for the other cars in game is pretty accurate. My best guess is licensing. 

I'm about 90% sure the power figures are done in the name of parity for the game.

• Agree 1

If elements of a livery are missing, that’s usually because we don’t have the license to use those sponsors 🙂 

3 hours ago, AyrtJ97 said:

Interesting, didn't know that Gibson's 6R4 was sequential, but I supposed Doran's RS200 was.

As for in-game, I would prefer cars were h-patter, for history purposes, but well, that deccision doesn't belong to me.

The more I think about it the more I am doubting myself. I thought Lawrence had sequential transmission in the final years of the car, but I think he may have retained a H-pattern box. Will have to review some old footage to check. 

Doran definitely had a sequential transmission fitted up until a year or so ago. The suspension and gearbox of the Doran rallycross RS200 was then changed. 

Would like to know for sure @mwoodski it greatly bugs me that the RS200 isn't properly represented and, like @AyrtJ97 I would like to see the cars running the right specification. 

Beating the Lancias is hard, especially if you drive an RS200. With that car and 90% of difficulty I always have some of the longest race times. This without any sort of tuning, though. I'm pretty sure with the right settings any car can be more competitive but I'm clueless about doing that. I wish there was a workshop for car settings.

Double checked last night and I was mistaken: Lawrence has never run with a sequential box @AyrtJ97! I thought he switched the year after he won the title (2008), but the car was - and still is - H-pattern. 

Some interesting things about Group B in Block's latest video

Was planning to watch that later! Enda Garvey is the uncle I wish I had, sure he owns Bertie Fishers Group A Impreza as well.