Sign in to follow this  

What's Your Favourite Location (so far...)?

Favourite Location (so far...)  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite Location (so far...)

Posted (edited)

Hi there,

So now we have 10 rally locations in game and people have had plenty of time to get to grips with them, what's your favourite?

I'm surprised to say that mine is the USA stages - they've got a lovely flow and combination of tight, technical sections and high-speed sections where you hang on for dear life. They're all pretty special in their own way, so I'm not saying any are bad (although I find Argentina a tad dull), so if I think about it next week I may have a different winner, but just curious as to what everyone else thinks.

Obviously, we can revisit the poll when Finland comes 😛

Edited by RodgerDavies
better thread title

They all have their strengths, but there's nothing that can top driving Col du Turini in that Group B Porsche.

• Agree 1

Monte Carlo (because it's the hardest) or Sweden (I like snow a lot)

I like all of the rest of the others (with two exceptions below) more or less equally, and only a little less than those top two. I wish Wales had more twisty stuff in the trees and less on open moorland, but it's still brilliant.

Germany (kind of boring) and Spain (physics are weird because of the cambers) are on the lowest tier, but I still like them a lot.

10 hours ago, chukonu said:

They all have their strengths, but there's nothing that can top driving Col du Turini in that Group B Porsche.

Especially the sound when you go through the tunnel!

i like all rally but monte carlo is number 1 for me 

Monte has those breathtaking views and chic looks (and unlike most other stages looks great at night under headlights), but for me it's Wales. Mudwrestling for the win! 

I am suprised I choose Poland. Second would be US.

Sweden is at the bottom of my list.

New Zealand feels amazing when you hook into the cambered corners.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

(Greece and Finland from DR1)

Wales

Greece

USA

Argentina

Australia

Monte Carlo

Sweden

New Zealand

Poland

Finland

Spain

Germany

5 hours ago, MarcoMaas said:

I am suprised I choose Poland. Second would be US.

I love the design of the Polish stages (although I've had a few disagreements with the lighting), but recently started enjoying them a lot more - in the Group B RWD cars I don't think I've ever driven in a straight line there.

• Like 2

Really tough to name a favourite location. There are two locations I don't like much, but the rest is awesome in their respective unique way. Maybe I like Sweden a tiny bit more. I think Codies absolutely nailed the new snow banks. The way how they affect your run depending on the angle you touch them is truly brilliant. 

• Like 1

It's very hard to choose a favourite because all of the locations are very well made. I really love Germany because I love the stage layouts and I enjoy the tarmac physics here. I drive Argentina and Spain less than other locations because of the many similar very low speed corners - Monte Carlo also a low speed location but overall look of the stages and the varied surface conditions make it interesting. Sweden is also great but I have to concentrate very hard to see the snowy road in the snowy enviroment, so only it's my lazyness prevents me to drive it often. :)

Anyway I think Codies made a great job with the locations: there are many of them now (although it's never enough :) and all of the is kind of a different game.

• Like 1

Very interesting to see New England leading this poll. Maybe a good indication for Codies that we don't necessarily need WRC stages at all.

Have to add I personally love how much variety we have. None of the locations are alike really, and this adds to the experience. It's quite often that I start up the game because I suddenly thought of a track/car combo I haven't played in a while/at all.

If there are more stages coming besides Greece and Finland, I'd love for a location that has either really big height differences as we don't currently have one, or one where the terrain is very muddy like one of those safari rallies.

• Agree 3

Surprising results. I cannot STAND Argentina. That's the only one I avoid because I hate it so much. lol

Sweden, Australia, Poland, and USA are my favorites. 

I really like most of the locations so kinda hard to name a fav.  but I would say Wales is my fav. so far, Poland is my least fav.

54 minutes ago, RodgerDavies said:

Impressive balance in the voting so far!

that's how you know it's a good bunch of locations 😉

• Agree 4

Funny how Spain only has 1 vote when it’s one of the most played locations in the entire game 😉 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Funny how Spain only has 1 vote when it’s one of the most played locations in the entire game 😉 

Which modes is the data you are referring to from?   Freeplay and clubs or something?

Because in the career you can’t choose what rallies are generated so i would’ve thought the frequency/popularity of the rallies would all be quite similar.

• Agree 1

45 minutes ago, Pieman99 said:

Which modes is the data you are referring to from?   Freeplay and clubs or something?

Because in the career you can’t choose what rallies are generated so i would’ve thought the frequency/popularity of the rallies would all be quite similar.

It may be an overall thing, which is understandable since Spain's the only tarmac rally location in the base game.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, PJTierney said:

It may be an overall thing, which is understandable since Spain's the only tarmac rally location in the base game.

And it's probably the easiest location in the base game. And after Germany the 2nd easiest overall.

But still do a lot of mistakes there, especially with Lancia's.

On 8/1/2019 at 2:42 PM, PJTierney said:

Ha Such a love/hate location.

Todo tiene su toque mágico pero para disfrutar de un buen tramo rápido nada como el asfalto esperamos f2000 y hyundai accent seat Córdoba y xsara con algún s1600 y s2000 :classic_love: