Suggestion: Save unique camera settings for each car.

As an example, the reference/starting point of the Merc cockpit is wildly different from the reference/starting point of the Ferrari cockpit, so when you change cars the camera is all wrong.

It would be a big improvement if the game memorized the camera settings on a per car basis, when i select the Ferrari it uses the settings i used when i last drove the Ferrari and not the ones i was using in the Mercedes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 10

I am 100% for this suggestion. Camera position differs wildly between cars. 

• Agree 4

Yes , just for Clarity we are speaking of Cockpit View.

Alternatively , we should be able to Save the Specific View , so then we can load the correct view when entering a different Vehicle.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, LChaves01 said:

As an example, the reference/starting point of the Merc cockpit is wildly different from the reference/starting point of the Ferrari cockpit, so when you change cars the camera is all wrong.

It would be a big improvement if the game memorized the camera settings on a per car basis, when i select the Ferrari it uses the settings i used when i last drove the Ferrari and not the ones i was using in the Mercedes.

Yes, this would be really nice. As a workaround, I currently take a screenshot of my camera settings every time use a different car so that changing it isn't just guesswork every time.

• Agree 1

Project Cars has it, so I dont see why it wouldnt be possible,

• Agree 4

Even if we can't save them on a per car basis. At least being able to save the setups in the same way we can controller settings would be useful. That way we can name them as we wish.

• Agree 1

I completely agree. Its an even bigger issue for me when I decide to play online after playing career with the custom cars we have. I have to rush and do it before the race starts, sometimes running out of time.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/30/2019 at 7:01 AM, LChaves01 said:

THIS, we need this feature ASAP.

Kinda sad that this suggestion was made back in 2015 - 2018 as well, from what i remember, it's a reoccuring topic that gets ignored every time for no reason.

Makes it even worse, as it is basically a industry standardized feature for most of the more popular racing games and simulators out there these days.

Guess CM either simply don't care as they got our money already, or don't give it a second thought as it is not a necessarily widely requested feature, or that they have their own design choices that are carved into stone and will never be changed.

Regardless of what the cause is, it's baffling why we, the customers, always get the short end of the stick and don't have any transparency at all.

Edited by SturmDesTodes
Spelling error, format, new points of idea
  • Like 1

On 8/4/2019 at 4:18 AM, SturmDesTodes said:

THIS, we need this feature ASAP.

Kinda sad that this suggestion was made back in 2015 - 2018 as well, from what i remember, it's a reoccuring topic that gets ignored every time for no reason.

Makes it even worse, as it is basically a industry standardized feature for most of the more popular racing games and simulators out there these days.

Guess CM either simply don't care as they got our money already, or don't give it a second thought as it is not a necessarily widely requested feature, or that they have their own design choices that are carved into stone and will never be changed.

Regardless of what the cause is, it's baffling why we, the customers, always get the short end of the stick and don't have any transparency at all.

Agreed, it's not a new problem. it's just one they never cared to address.

• Like 1

Agree I can't get a good cockpit view of my mirrors in my personal online car compared to the  F1 car