Season pass worth it?

Hey guys, with the mid season break coming up Ive been considering buying the season pass to catch up on some events that I missed due to work.

But im wondering if it is even worth it? The car although very nice (I would chose the RB19) does not improve performance at all. Event rewards will not be given out only chance to improve points. And I will admit some of the events that I tried I just had horrible luck that some races I couldnt even met the min requirements.

So is it really worth it? Bugs, penalty system, horrible drivers? While I love formula 1 and money is not a big issue do you guys think its even worth it to support a game that has been updating stuff that we dont ask for and ignoring the stuff we been asking for?

thanks

I know that I'm late to answer this, but no. In fact I'm not sure who would want this. You get a car, which is basically paying $12 or so for one part and some paint. And a helmet. I mean, a helmet? How often have you waited on the grid and thought, "wow! Nice helmet on that guy!" Then we get to the real value of the annual fee. Unlimited re-dos of Events! Which is..... an absolute waste of time and effort!! If you've placed mid field Silver and you can practice and practice Melbourne and pick up a full second in qualifying and then pick up 3 seconds during the race, you're still mid field Silver. Net gain=zero. This offer is baffling.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Dr Zaius said:

I know that I'm late to answer this, but no. In fact I'm not sure who would want this. You get a car, which is basically paying $12 or so for one part and some paint. And a helmet. I mean, a helmet? How often have you waited on the grid and thought, "wow! Nice helmet on that guy!" Then we get to the real value of the annual fee. Unlimited re-dos of Events! Which is..... an absolute waste of time and effort!! If you've placed mid field Silver and you can practice and practice Melbourne and pick up a full second in qualifying and then pick up 3 seconds during the race, you're still mid field Silver. Net gain=zero. This offer is baffling.

I'm starting to wonder if this game is maxed out. What I mean is that most of the new updates that we've been getting have been focused on cosmetic elements, like the stupid helmets, slightly changing elements of how the events are organized or editing the ranking system. This worthless season pass is the best example of empty "features."

These updates are organizational in what they're hoping to achieve. There's no effort put towards the racing itself, which is what this game is supposed to be. There's still no race greater than 5 laps. There's no tire wear. No season mode. Development is limited to a luck of the draw card game rather than deliberate strategy. The purpose of the duel isn't even to win the actual race that you're in. It doesn't matter whatsoever where you place so long as you beat the human or not opponent.

I just don't know that there's much left they can improve on unless they blow the whole thing up and start over. We're just going to keep getting these dumb, shallow additions. Have you noticed that there are fewer new people posting on here? Chris Groves doesn't even post anymore. I think there's still a decent pool of people playing this, but it's quickly eroding. I'm wondering if Codemasters has started pulling developers off this project. We're closing in on the 1 year mark for this game, so why would they keep a large number of their "best" developers on what is a relatively old game in the mobile world?

Edited by xdakota80x
  • Agree 1