Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Multiplayer: People should be penalized [Video]

Hi there,

I'm posting this to share my view about multiplayer and how people race in F1 games.
I play with no assists, cockpit view and I consider myself as a fair "racing driver" (in virtual world ofc). Anyway, I'm not a pro at all, I can race the AI usually around 100% (depending on the track) and 95% of my experience playing F1 games is offline. I play codies F1 games since 2010.

This year I decided to give multiplayer a go. Last year I already did but this time (with liveries, helmets, suits and gloves) I thought I could spend some time having fun in Ranked Lobbies. Apparently I won't. The reason is simple: people don't know how to race properly. I'm still in early days (still level 17) but from my experience more than 50% of the people are not able to cope with the fact that sometimes there are quicker drivers on the grid. Maybe 50% of the overtake moves I try, someone put me off the track.

These are some clips that I'm sharing with you guys (I'd like to share my frustration :P)

[Removed links]

I know it's not easy to report this type of players, but we really should think about it in some way. This type of behaviour just ruins the experience. 

@Faya can you help us here? 🙂

So, and that's all. If you ask me if I'll keep trying? Yes I will, at least for a little while. Why? Because I also found good people that know hot to race wheel to wheel fairly. People should learn that: if you are slower, improve to be quicker. Don't send people off the track, it won't make you a better "driver".

Cheers

I'm with you m8, I only race online (PS4) to clean up the trophies otherwise I'm completely offline and better off for it.

Online I'm constantly tiptoeing around because you don't know if the guy in front/behind is going to punt you off

the track at any given point in time and I have an "S" safety rating! I'm not the fastest guy around and mostly qualify

midfield so the chance of contact is at least 50/50... It looks as if the "Gold Safety Rating" trophy is out of my reach

because even if I don't touch anyone and don't get any corner cutting penalties I still loose points to my licence because

I'm down the grid... Thanks Codemasters... 

Just watched your videos m8, I've had both of those happen to me as well... I feel your pain. 

I actually think that awarding points to an online race makes the racing worse as people are

trying to gain points anyway they can... Turf it CM... Do you actually know what is going on in

your game? It's 2019...it's been 10 years!!! 

I agree with you. Anyway, at least speaking for myself, I don't race exclusively for the points tbh. I like a good challenge but this kind of "racers" are just annoying. CM should do something to try to improve the whole system (e.g. reporting system)

11 hours ago, joserdcosta said:

Hi there,

I'm posting this to share my view about multiplayer and how people race in F1 games.
I play with no assists, cockpit view and I consider myself as a fair "racing driver" (in virtual world ofc). Anyway, I'm not a pro at all, I can race the AI usually around 100% (depending on the track) and 95% of my experience playing F1 games is offline. I play codies F1 games since 2010.

This year I decided to give multiplayer a go. Last year I already did but this time (with liveries, helmets, suits and gloves) I thought I could spend some time having fun in Ranked Lobbies. Apparently I won't. The reason is simple: people don't know how to race properly. I'm still in early days (still level 17) but from my experience more than 50% of the people are not able to cope with the fact that sometimes there are quicker drivers on the grid. Maybe 50% of the overtake moves I try, someone put me off the track.

These are some clips that I'm sharing with you guys (I'd like to share my frustration :P)

[Removed]

I know it's not easy to report this type of players, but we really should think about it in some way. This type of behaviour just ruins the experience. 

@Faya can you help us here? 🙂

So, and that's all. If you ask me if I'll keep trying? Yes I will, at least for a little while. Why? Because I also found good people that know hot to race wheel to wheel fairly. People should learn that: if you are slower, improve to be quicker. Don't send people off the track, it won't make you a better "driver".

Cheers

First videos, this is the problem with proximinty arrows which is a assist,

Second video sorry but thats your fault, you ran into the back of them.

Upon reviewing thanks to @martbloke I can see what you mean, he braked checked you which at first I didn't notice, am sorry.

4 minutes ago, BluntRS said:

First videos, this is the problem with proximinty arrows which is a assist,

Second video sorry but thats your fault, you ran into the back of them.

Are you serious? He did that because he was losing time for the last 2 laps and he realized the win could be compromised. That's why the community is how it is..... In real life I don't think would be the car behind fault.

Cheers

And even assuming that I wasn't good enough to avoid the accident, doing it on purpose is not "racing etiquette" by any means. Like you say....it's my fault.

Good luck :)

23 minutes ago, joserdcosta said:

Are you serious? He did that because he was losing time for the last 2 laps and he realized the win could be compromised. That's why the community is how it is..... In real life I don't think would be the car behind fault.

Cheers

Hes probleys one of them dirty drivers him self 

Just now, patronas said:

That's what is annoying. If I'm slower than someone, I try to follow him and learn the lines, breaking points, how is his car in terms of wings etc etc. Learn to improve. But apparently I'm part of the minority. Maybe I should go back to my career like before.

9/10 times you also get penalised for this total madness it definetly need's looking at on how it's dealt with u could be having a clean race not necessarily winning get smacked up the rear end and u get a penalty for no reason and deducted safety point's it's totally wrong

50 minutes ago, patronas said:

ASSumptions 

Clearly you one of the dirty drivers if you think ramming a car from behide is a "Clean Move"

3 hours ago, joserdcosta said:

Cheers

YEAH,

If you dont like peoples options on a video which doesnt tell the whole story, dont post them, its simple, online is never gonna change, its nothing new, and your video isnt gonna change that.

13 minutes ago, BluntRS said:

YEAH,

If you dont like peoples options on a video which doesnt tell the whole story, dont post them, its simple, online is never gonna change, its nothing new, and your video isnt gonna change that.

Agreed. I'm a dirty driver for sure. I don't know you're losing your time replying to this thread. Thanks anyway 😂

1 hour ago, joserdcosta said:

Agreed. I'm a dirty driver for sure. I don't know you're losing your time replying to this thread. Thanks anyway 😂

Oh your one of those dudes, reads things that aren't thier, 

Your the one calling yourself a dirty driver not me 😉

I respect your opinion and ofc I don't agree with it. Anyway, in the first video the proximity arrows helped the guy in front to send me off...I agree with that. 

I also agree with the fact that the video won't change anything, but IMO there are ways to improve this. A report system could be implemented for example. If more than X players reported 1 driver for dangerous driving, he could be out of MP for a while. Posting this I just wanted to know if you guys have the same problem. 

Like I said, I play to have fun and IMO those guys weren't fair.

Enough said on my side.

1st video shows that Codies penalty system is not complete unfortunately. I get it's hard to program for every possibility but surely on a "straight" they could program something to capture someone ramming into another car.

2nd video, not your fault at all. He's stopped dead on the straight looking to cause a crash but unfortunately this is where the halo fails in game. IRL a driver would've seen the car ahead sooner and clearer due to how your eyes work essentially nullifying the central column which cannot be replicated in game with it active. That's why a more realistic view in game as it has been built now, is removing the central halo column unfortunately. Just unfortunate that you were on the same line and therefore he was hidden behind the column until too late. Again though, you'd think that Codies penalty system could read that it's a straight with no corner approaching, the car behind has full throttle and the 1 in front has braked so when the crash happens, player in front gets the penalty - or even just ghosts!

10 minutes ago, martbloke said:

1st video shows that Codies penalty system is not complete unfortunately. I get it's hard to program for every possibility but surely on a "straight" they could program something to capture someone ramming into another car.

2nd video, not your fault at all. He's stopped dead on the straight looking to cause a crash but unfortunately this is where the halo fails in game. IRL a driver would've seen the car ahead sooner and clearer due to how your eyes work essentially nullifying the central column which cannot be replicated in game with it active. That's why a more realistic view in game as it has been built now, is removing the central halo column unfortunately. Just unfortunate that you were on the same line and therefore he was hidden behind the column until too late. Again though, you'd think that Codies penalty system could read that it's a straight with no corner approaching, the car behind has full throttle and the 1 in front has braked so when the crash happens, player in front gets the penalty - or even just ghosts!

Thankyou for your reply on 2nd video, now I see it,

1 hour ago, joserdcosta said:

I respect your opinion and ofc I don't agree with it. Anyway, in the first video the proximity arrows helped the guy in front to send me off...I agree with that. 

I also agree with the fact that the video won't change anything, but IMO there are ways to improve this. A report system could be implemented for example. If more than X players reported 1 driver for dangerous driving, he could be out of MP for a while. Posting this I just wanted to know if you guys have the same problem. 

Like I said, I play to have fun and IMO those guys weren't fair.

Enough said on my side.

And neither do I agree with it, 

Am sorry upon first viewing I didn't notice what others seen my fault,

9 minutes ago, martbloke said:

I already thought about turning off the Halo completely but it seems "unrealistic". As a software developer I can say that it's not easy at all to write code that covers all the situations that happened, but it has to be improved IMO. Thanks for your feedback

WOW!!! I feel know how you feel @joserdcosta. The first incident is becoming the norm. From what I understand people figured out how to get around side impact penalties. That brake check from that far away could have been avoided with the center peace missing or a transparent peace was an option. COUGH CM. Something may be done. It's early. If nothing is done then there's a real problem.        

8 minutes ago, Striker_703 said:

WOW!!! I feel know how you feel @joserdcosta. The first incident is becoming the norm. From what I understand people figured out how to get around side impact penalties. That brake check from that far away could have been avoided with the center peace missing or a transparent peace was an option. COUGH CM. Something may be done. It's early. If nothing is done then there's a real problem.        

Thanks for the reply. @Faya please read this💪

Hi all, I am reading this thread. As a note, I’ve removed the links to the videos as this comes under naming and shaming and that’s against the forum rules. Thanks,

11 minutes ago, Faya said:

Hi all, I am reading this thread. As a note, I’ve removed the links to the videos as this comes under naming and shaming and that’s against the forum rules. Thanks,

Sorry for that. My bad

Videos are gone. 😕

I finally got to an A rating and hope it will improve, although it looks here like it won't.

The last ranked lobby last night had about 13 people from B to less. It was miserable and about a quarter of them were e-thugs talking nonsense constantly. 

The good news is (maybe) these azz clowns wont have the patience to work their way to better lobbies.