SC Bug, No AI mistakes

Just got 2 questions:

1. Will the SC be fixed?

-> Carrer mode, spain, 50% race distance, sim damage, SC on: One car got an engine failure on the start/finish straight. Kubica just crashed in its back. Both cars were standing right on the track unable to drive. NO SC! They disappeared within a few seconds. 

-> also I noticed that most of the cars disappear very fast when retiring. Shouldnt they stay there for 1-3 laps instead of seconds?

2. The Ai does not make any mistakes. Not in Monaco, not in rainy conditions. Nowhere. Even with bad tyres in bad conditions...

-> Will this be patched at any time?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 7

4 hours ago, audacious said:

Been asking for this fix for 3 years....

Only 3??? Plus the rest...

@Mobcat94, that would be asking for the 124th world wonder

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Mobcat94 said:

Just got 2 questions:

1. Will the SC be fixed?

2. The Ai does not make any mistakes. Not in Monaco, not in rainy conditions. Nowhere. Even with bad tyres in bad conditions...

Yes, the AI during my first Career Season were very clean also (no mistakes - just engine breakdowns), and they seem to be excellent drivers in wet conditions too 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Marty_K_
  • Agree 1

I am up to Singapore in my first season career with Alfa Romeo. 

I must admit the AI don't make any mistakes...in 2018 the AI cars would at least have a lunge up the inside of another car and it would rarely go badly but the possibility was always there. Now that has been eradicated by flawless and machine like driving with no mistakes at all. 

I agree. The AI in the rain is driving like Schumacher. No mistakes at all, not even a slide or spin while I'm struggling to control mine. Very unrealistic, especially when you think that 5 cars crashed at the German GP IRL due to the rain. 

Not to mention that the VSC gets deployed for no reason most of the time.

• Agree 2

I had Perez crash on his own once however even though 3 cars retired and 2 more lost their front wings on the start straight at Interlagos there was no SC.

• Sad 1

On 7/30/2019 at 9:27 AM, Mobcat94 said:

Just got 2 questions:

1. Will the SC be fixed?

-> Carrer mode, spain, 50% race distance, sim damage, SC on: One car got an engine failure on the start/finish straight. Kubica just crashed in its back. Both cars were standing right on the track unable to drive. NO SC! They disappeared within a few seconds. 

-> also I noticed that most of the cars disappear very fast when retiring. Shouldnt they stay there for 1-3 laps instead of seconds?

-> Will this be patched at any time?

yes Yes yes ! And I'm not the only one who notices this. It's so poor from Codemasters. S/C has never been deployed, no AI cars have EVER crashed or made a mistake and the worst part about it.... they are incredible drivers in the rain. It's like they're immortal. Crazy....

This is the reason why I didn't play F1 for a few years until they fixed all of this. They still haven't.

• Agree 1

@Faya

Patch 1.07 and no infos about the AI Downgrade with 1.05/1.06 and no infos about the safety car?

Will the AI and SC be patched soon?

• Like 1

I’m at spa first season, have never seen the SC and have not had VSC, I’m almost convinced it’s just not a feature this year.

On 7/30/2019 at 3:42 PM, Gragooni said:

@Faya Fix the SC please

Yes @Faya fix the safety car please it will NOT DEPLOY ONLINE problem's with VSC & SC working efficiently.  

Please let the AI make random mistakes, it would be great for the immersion. Every other racing games has this basic feature! I want to see race start crashes / contacts / spins. Right now it's so boring, I'm the only one in the whole grid who can potentially make mistakes.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Hello everyone

this is my first post here.

My problem about the safety car is quite different.

I'll try to explain.  The question is simple: is it possible to have safety car with the race at 25% of duration?

In a single gp i see that is possible but not in career mode. Why? 

In career mode i must set the length of the race at least 50% to have the safety car on.

Is the same for you? Or is only my problem?

17 hours ago, MrHawk said:

Please let the AI make random mistakes, it would be great for the immersion. Every other racing games has this basic feature! I want to see race start crashes / contacts / spins. Right now it's so boring, I'm the only one in the whole grid who can potentially make mistakes.

i'm totally agree!!

introducing the simulation of human errors would certainly increase realism.

in the same way also the possibility that technical problems happen to the player during the race increase realism as well.

Sometimes i think that the player's immunity to mechanical failures serves to balance the lack of human errors in the bot opponents

What do you think about that?

• Thanks 1

I somewhat feel that the moaning about how aggressive the AI were at the start has caused less AI errors/collisions. Bring back the original AI I say and it will improve.

Whether the safety car will actually deploy though? Who knows.

On 8/6/2019 at 6:11 PM, livekillers said:

i'm totally agree!!

introducing the simulation of human errors would certainly increase realism.

in the same way also the possibility that technical problems happen to the player during the race increase realism as well.

Sometimes i think that the player's immunity to mechanical failures serves to balance the lack of human errors in the bot opponents

What do you think about that?

Dude - You said it right. It's not a PROPER racing game without all of the above. Codemasters always fail in this department.