Sign in to follow this  

Optimum tyre temps

Can anyone tell me the optimum tyre temps for each of the tyres, both dry and wet on career mode please. 

• Like 1

This is actually a very good question.... i'd like to know if there is a window for where the tyre drops off and not when your engineer tells you LOL

• Agree 1

Slicks will be 100c like in Time Trial, Wets I can't remember but I think it was like 72c

15 minutes ago, kraM1t said:

Slicks will be 100c like in Time Trial, Wets I can't remember but I think it was like 72c

That will be optimum for that compound only.

Different compounds have different operating windows.

• Agree 1

I'd have a scout on the pirelli website might be some info on this subject could be different in the game though I'm not to sure.

24 minutes ago, gtfclad82 said:

I'd have a scout on the pirelli website might be some info on this subject could be different in the game though I'm not to sure.

Had a quick look at the programme from the British GP.

Operating windows are 

C1 (Hardest) 110-140 deg C

C2 ( corresponds to last years Medium ) 110-135

C3 105-135

C4 (Equiv last years Ultra) 90-120

C5 Softest 85-115.

Thats the temps.

What I'm not sure about is in game what compounds the soft medium and hard represent of the above as it alters in real life but at least you have a ballpark figure.

Edited by SIMRACER123
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, gtfclad82 said:

Unfortunately, in my experience, the tires don’t work like that in-game.  I’ve noticed they all seem to have the same operating window. I am currently doing a career race at Spain and Hungary (post 1.05 and pre 1.05 saves) and it appears like the S/M/H tires all are best from about 195-215F so maybe 95-105C (too lazy to do the actual conversions). The real issue is the ai run on a simplified tyre model compared to the player and aren’t quite affected the way the player is.  This is more than likely due to the limited processing power of the consoles.  Hopefully the next gen consoles will be powerful enough to allow Codies to overhaul the tyre model and ramp up the ai simulation model.  I usually try to keep the fronts under 210 and the rears around 195-200.

• Agree 2

9 hours ago, SIMRACER123 said:

Operating windows are 

C3 105-135

C5 Softest 85-115.

Thats the temps.

What I'm not sure about is in game what compounds the soft medium and hard represent of the above as it alters in real life but at least you have a ballpark figure.

Yeah 100%. I usually get the best grip when having the tyre temps at around 105-110°C for the hardest compounds and around 95-100°C for the softest compounds. Anything below/above these values feels like ice for me...

• Agree 1

But this does not explain how the ffb has changed in the last update , in Grand Prix and TT ffb on wheel is normal 

but in multiplayer ffb has changed for the worst, 

it's not tyre temp related, 

to contoll your temps put less camber and don't use TT car setups in multiplayer as they don't carry over, 

tt is for one lap specials,

i would like this question answered as I posted this to codies a long week ago,

why has the ffb on a wheel t300 ps4 changed since last update, before you could pin point the corners and curbs ,

now and especially in multiplayer you can't anymore,

everyone I know who uses a wheel was dreading codemasters didn't mess ffb up with a update,

guess what ,You have codemasters ,f12019 ps4 on a wheel was more sim like ,it was brilliant,

now it's arcade again. ,codemasters are great at producing high end games so can you please delete last update or nullify it,

• Agree 1

23 hours ago, SIMRACER123 said:

Had a quick look at the programme from the British GP.

Operating windows are 

C3 105-135

C5 Softest 85-115.

Thats the temps.

Awesome thanks. Now i just have to convert it and write it down since I use F not C lol. Still, thanks, I've looked everywhere online and couldn't get any of this info. Not even in Pirelli's site.