F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

2015 Formula 1 Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix

So lets get chatting all things Bahrain! Obviously a classic race last time here in 2014, will we be treated to a similar race again?

Can Nico Rosberg get ahead of Hamilton and make up ground on him in the championship?
Can Ferrari challenge Mercedes again this weekend?
Will McLaren-Honda make it out of Q1?
Is Pastor Maldonado actually going to finish a race?

Ferrari's pace on the soft tyre with race fuel is too good to be true. The Merc's must have been running with quite a bit more fuel... or Rosberg was just really slow. 

Mercedes might be in trouble. Going on a limp here and say that Ferrari has a real shot at winning this race. Only thing that worries me, is their hard tyre-pace. Red Bull's race pace seems to be alright too. Toro Rosso's however is not. I don't expect points from Verstappen.

When I saw this I wondered how one of Lotus' grid girls had gotten herself into the picture...

https://twitter.com/suttonimages/status/589129488526639104/photo/1

When I saw this I wondered how one of Lotus' grid girls had gotten herself into the picture...

https://twitter.com/suttonimages/status/589129488526639104/photo/1
I didn't know that Jorda had started a grand prix. Or have I been asleep for a loooooong time

P9! Maybe ole 2-time can pull out a Q3 effort today?!

If they could get on top of the reliability then they could really make huge strides forward :)

Hughesy said:
If they could get on top of the reliability then they could really make huge strides forward :)
Looking at the speed trap data, they simply need speed...they're about 10 kph down on Williams and Mercedes.

SynGamer said:
Hughesy said:
Looking at the speed trap data, they simply need speed...they're about 10 kph down on Williams and Mercedes.
No point having speed if you can't even complete a lap though. They aren't aiming at those teams, just beating Renault is good progress. 

will 10kmph make up 2.3 secs a lap? im not so sure

p1 to p10 1.9 secs, its really close lol

It can't hurt ;) But agreed on the completing a lap part.

first time I watched live qually for a while and I must say the end was quite exciting, hope the race is as exciting and we get some overtaking for the lead and the top 6 all fight for the win.

Someone put a cheeky bet on Button winning from the back after a freak rain storm :joy: 

That must be the first time since the start of 2014 that a Mercedes has been beaten in the dry in qualifying (excluding failures etc). If Vettel shows anything like the pace he had in the race runs on Friday, he honestly has a chance at winning this. 

Rosberg pretty dismal though. No matter who is in the opposite car, a 6 tenth gap is really bad. 

R
VetteIfan said:
That must be the first time since the start of 2014 that a Mercedes has been beaten in the dry in qualifying (excluding failures etc). If Vettel shows anything like the pace he had in the race runs on Friday, he honestly has a chance at winning this. 

Rosberg pretty dismal though. No matter who is in the opposite car, a 6 tenth gap is really bad. 
I'd like to see a side by side Hamilton and Rosberg quali lap EDIT: They were beaten at Austria in 2014 by Williams