Jump to content

Just ran into another glitch/exploit online

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

What if I told you people can qualify on soft tyres, set a good laptime, and then start the race on Mediums from pole position?

yes it can! I don't know how, but some cheater has found out a way. Quali on soft tyres, and starts the race on mediums. 

I just left the race, if those are the kind of cheaters i have to race against, then no way... 

not making this up, it wasn't a wet quali, was dry and race started dry, and somehow this cheater has found a way to exploit something to gain an unfair advantage over everyone else by not starting on his quali tyres. I started on mediums and knew i was the only one who qualified on mediums. 

@Faya PLEASE pass this on because we can all agree that this isn't fair. Since naming and shaming isn't allowed, I have sent you his psn id through PM. These people need to be removed from online lobbies immediately. But guess that's asking the impossible

Edited by AlexTT
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mate sorry but that it is absolutely possible to do.. Isn't a cheat.. You can post one lap time in your qualifying with soft tyres but you can start with mediums if you improve your lap time with these compound.. He probably have done a better lap time with soft so had started the race in soft tyres 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, CarlosSantos87 said:

Mate sorry but that it is absolutely possible to do.. Isn't a cheat.. You can post one lap time in your qualifying with soft tyres but you can start with mediums if you improve your lap time with these compound.. He probably have done a better lap time with soft so had started the race in soft tyres 

Bro, really? Not in OSQ. Ranked online is ALL OSQ. Please explain how he could have improved his laptime then? Even when the result screen shows his time is set with soft tyre? 

I might be almost 40, but not stupid bro.

what you're saying makes absolutely no sense. If he did a time on medium and faster one on soft, he always has to go on soft. You have to start on the tyre which is used to post your fastest laptime. But since OSQ is 1 lap only, and he did his time on soft, please, explain to me, no, ENLIGHTEN me how someone can start a race on mediums.

Edited by AlexTT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

"Technically" Alex in real life you have to start the race based on your compound of your quickest lap in Q2.

One stop qualifying there is no Q2 so arguably any rule about pre determined starting tyre no longer exists as there is no regulation for it...

 

Edited by SIMRACER123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SIMRACER123 said:

"Technically" Alex in real life you have to start the race based on your compound of your quickest lap in Q2.

One stop qualifying there is no Q2 so arguably any rule about pre determined starting tyre no longer exists as there is no regulation for it...

 

You don't have to explain the regulations to me how F1 works. I'm more than 25 years big fan and dig into all technical aspects of the sport.

Yes it is in OSQ. Not IRL because it doesn't exist, but on dry conditions in osq and race, the tyre in Q is the tyre you have to start on. Check it out for yourselfs. You shouldn't be able to change tyres when you qualify on softs. At the race start (25%) you can edit strategy, but tyre choice is locked. 

And still someone was able to qualify on soft and start the race on mediums. 

I'm not starting this topic for fun or something. If I wasn't sure that tyrechoice is supposed to be locked from OSQ to Race I wouldn't have made this topic. Someone is exploiting/cheating and that has to be adressed.

go try for yourself. Quali on soft IN TOP 10, and then try changing to mediums before race starts. You can't because it's locked. 

Edited by AlexTT
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, AlexTT said:

You don't have to explain the regulations to me how F1 works. I'm more than 25 years big fan and dig into all technical aspects of the sport.

Yes it is in OSQ. Not IRL because it doesn't exist, but on dry conditions in osq and race, the tyre in Q is the tyre you have to start on. Check it out for yourselfs. You shouldn't be able to change tyres when you qualify on softs. At the race start (25%) you can edit strategy, but tyre choice is locked. 

And still someone was able to qualify on soft and start the race on mediums. 

I'm not starting this topic for fun or something. If I wasn't sure that tyrechoice is supposed to be locked from OSQ to Race I wouldn't have made this topic. Someone is exploiting/cheating and that has to be adressed.

go try for yourself. Quali on soft IN TOP 10, and then try changing to mediums before race starts. You can't because it's locked. 

It's not a rule or regulation therefore it's not cheating is it.

Whether it's a glitch is an entirely different matter but it's somewhat childish to suggest someone is cheating. 

 

 

Edited by SIMRACER123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, SIMRACER123 said:

It's not a rule or regulation therefore it's not cheating is it.

Whether it's a glitch is an entirely different matter but it's somewhat childish to suggest someone is cheating. 

 

 

You're seriously trying to annoy me aren't you? Misterknowitbetter? 

For crying out loud, obvious that you just don't know what I'm talking about. 

Go do a OSQ and get top 10, then before the race try selecting different tyre to start on. THAT'S NORMALLY LOCKED because you must start on your OSQ tyre when you get in top 10. 

That's how this system works! And if someone can somehow go around that LOCKED system and in fact change his tyre compound, which can't be done because the system should lock it, so you go around how the programming works, that's cheating! Gaining an advantage by qualifying on faster tyre and starting the race on the completely different tyre what should be impossible. So you make use of a glitch in the system to gain an advantage. Hmmm and that's not cheating... 

Or do i need to take a dictionary and also explain to you what cheating and/or exploiting means? 

Before you go acting like the wiseass you are, get your facts straight. Have you in fact tried yourself already by doing dry OSQ and try changing your tyres to other compound before start? 

Or are you just here beeing a smartass? 

My money is on the last. Talk about childish.

Edited by AlexTT
  • Haha 1
  • Disagree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, AlexTT said:

Bro, really? Not in OSQ. Ranked online is ALL OSQ. Please explain how he could have improved his laptime then? Even when the result screen shows his time is set with soft tyre? 

I might be almost 40, but not stupid bro.

what you're saying makes absolutely no sense. If he did a time on medium and faster one on soft, he always has to go on soft. You have to start on the tyre which is used to post your fastest laptime. But since OSQ is 1 lap only, and he did his time on soft, please, explain to me, no, ENLIGHTEN me how someone can start a race on mediums.

If you're almost 40, it might be time to stop calling people 'bro'.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please remain civil and refrain from name calling when having these discussions otherwise I may have to remove comments or lock the thread. Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Andrew210227 said:

If you're almost 40, it might be time to stop calling people 'bro'.

I did think that myself.

Equally coming from a older generation where games were previously released and patches never existed back in the day, you would expect him to be somewhat more patient knowing fixes are possible these days.

Alex, be patient and offer constructive feedback to assist codemasters.

 

Edited by SIMRACER123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm WAY older than @AlexTT and I often call people bro, dude or man. Find it a little ageist being told how we're supposed to talk at a certain age! Language is freedom but even so I'd rather not be called sir or old man if it's all the same to you.

:classic_laugh:

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@AlexTT This whole game is one big cheat and exploit for the majority to find and unlock,

Codemasters simply dont care about people who want fare competition.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BluntRS said:

@AlexTT This whole game is one big cheat and exploit for the majority to find and unlock,

Codemasters simply dont care about people who want fare competition.

A touch naive to think this is a codemasters specific issue.

Ever since computer gaming was invented its been like this. People finding loopholes etc.

Even recent editions of Fifa had ways of scoring practically every time.

NBA2K has specific players positions that can rarely be beaten online.

Sure everyone wants perfection but sports games across different companies show how difficult this is to achieve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, SIMRACER123 said:

A touch naive to think this is a codemasters specific issue.

Ever since computer gaming was invented its been like this. People finding loopholes etc.

Even recent editions of Fifa had ways of scoring practically every time.

NBA2K has specific players positions that can rarely be beaten online.

Sure everyone wants perfection but sports games across different companies show how difficult this is to achieve.

Yes it would be naïve, thats why I didn't put it my reply it was a codemasters specific problem,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, SIMRACER123 said:

I did think that myself.

Equally coming from a older generation where games were previously released and patches never existed back in the day, you would expect him to be somewhat more patient knowing fixes are possible these days.

Alex, be patient and offer constructive feedback to assist codemasters.

 

 

Not sure about this statement?!? Games were released more polished years ago and therefore did not require any patches or if there was a problem it wasn't exactly game breaking. Adding to the fact that games were cheaper as well, it was a much better industry then.

 

Now that the internet has come into the fold and patches are a thing, games companies have gotten lazy AF knowing that, "It's OK we'll just release a patch or 2 to fix anything we couldn't be bothered to sort out before releasing!" - also that there's now pressure of releasing games as frequent as often for max profit!! Games and game consoles are also so much dearer these days which makes it even more disappointing that they are released in these sort of states.

 

Thing is it also seems that releasing patches just opens up more bugs that weren't there before so they can't even be trusted.

 

Argument of games are more complex these days? Don't buy that also. Don't make the game that way then if you haven't got the skills to code it! 

 

IMO games companies need to put more time and care into their products so they don't need so many patches after release! It's a bit of a joke there's no real ombudsman for this industry overseeing products and taking action where appropriate. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, martbloke said:

 

Not sure about this statement?!? Games were released more polished years ago and therefore did not require any patches or if there was a problem it wasn't exactly game breaking. Adding to the fact that games were cheaper as well, it was a much better industry then.

 

Now that the internet has come into the fold and patches are a thing, games companies have gotten lazy AF knowing that, "It's OK we'll just release a patch or 2 to fix anything we couldn't be bothered to sort out before releasing!" - also that there's now pressure of releasing games as frequent as often for max profit!! Games and game consoles are also so much dearer these days which makes it even more disappointing that they are released in these sort of states.

 

Thing is it also seems that releasing patches just opens up more bugs that weren't there before so they can't even be trusted.

 

Argument of games are more complex these days? Don't buy that also. Don't make the game that way then if you haven't got the skills to code it! 

 

IMO games companies need to put more time and care into their products so they don't need so many patches after release! It's a bit of a joke there's no real ombudsman for this industry overseeing products and taking action where appropriate. 

Back in the 80's and 90's we don't had the internet. The games came out and that was the end. If you had bugs in the game there stayed forever. There was no possibility to download patches like today. We bought game magazines and sometimes they had a patch for a program or game on the included disk or later cd. :classic_wink:

Today everybody is yelling about a patch 2hours after release. Sometimes we should have a bit more patience. But i agree back in the 90's the game company had to release a more finished product, because of the lack of possibilities for updates. Today it seems that many companys release a game to hold the release date and all broken things can be patched afterwards.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Akkan74 said:

Back in the 80's and 90's we don't had the internet. The games came out and that was the end. If you had bugs in the game there stayed forever. There was no possibility to download patches like today. We bought game magazines and sometimes they had a patch for a program or game on the included disk or later cd. :classic_wink:

Today everybody is yelling about a patch 2hours after release. Sometimes we should have a bit more patience. But i agree back in the 90's the game company had to release a more finished product, because of the lack of possibilities for updates. Today it seems that many companys release a game to hold the release date and all broken things can be patched afterwards.

Back in the 80s I played 4K ROM games on a 2600. You could probably write the game code out longhand on a sheet of A4.

To be fair, Enduro I still play. Certainly has more longevity than the F1 games.

Edited by steviejay69
added the browser version of Enduro!
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×