Sign in to follow this  

way too much rain in career mode

Posted (edited)

Hello!

I'm currently in Canada and had rain at every track at least once, except Bahrain. This is way too much imo. 

rain in the last few laps in AUS

rainy qualy in China and some rain in the race

rainy FP2 in Baku

started on Inters in Spain

full wets the whole FP1 in Monaco and some drops for the last few laps of the race.

and now for Canada the weather reports says it will rain the whole race.

I'm really sick of it. The game is fantastic, but I'm getting tired of driving in the rain all the time.

Has anyone the same issues? Is there a way to set the weather in career mode?

Edited by davisp

1 minute ago, davisp said:

Hello!

I'm currently in Canada and had rain at every track at least once, except Bahrain. This is way too much imo. 

rain in the last few laps in AUS

rainy qualy in China and some rain in the race

rainy FP2 in Baku

started on Inters in Spain

full wets the whole FP1 in Monaco and some drops for the last few laps of the race.

and now for Canada the weather reports says it will rain the whole race.

I'm really sick of it. The game is fantastic, but I'm getting tired of driving in the rain all the time.

Has anyone the same issues? Is there a way to set the weather in career mode?

The worst part is.. the amount of rain you mentioned isn't actually that bad compared to some of the things I've seen others post up here.

And no, unfortunately you can't set the weather in career.

• Agree 1

Agree. Waaay to much rain, I really think they should fix this with a patch if that is possible. Realistically it should rain maximum 3 sessions during a career, at least based on recent years real life history. 

• Disagree 1

2-3 wet races would be ideal. hell I even would accept 5, but not 15. I had the same issue in 2018 and lost interest in the game.

I understand they want to show everyone how good their rain graphics look, but please give us the chance to set rain possibility to reduced.

• Agree 1

Here's my season 1, as posted in a different thread (note that I'm only talking about Q/R, not FP which I didn't keep track of):

China was the only with some rain at the end among the first 6 GPs.

since then Ive had at least some, and sometimes full rain at:

Canada

France

Austria

Britain

Germany

Hungary

Italy (qualy only)

Russia

Japan

USA

1 hour ago, tobi90ger said:

wonder how that comes to you.
i have like 2-3 rain races per season

what race distance do you run?

• Like 1

I'm seeing less rain since patch 1.05. Previously it was almost 50% of chance...

(100% distance)

As said above it is purely to do with Codies showing off their wet weather system which is great rather than implement realistic probabilities of rain. Afterall I expect they don't want all that work on the wet weather system to go to waste.

Why they can't calculate the probability of rain per session from all past sessions at that circuit and implement that is beyond me. 

The post above shows the last 9 wet race winners spanning 5 years - that's basically 2 races a year are wet.

Study each race (e.g. Britain) and then for say the last 10 years, look at all FP1 and see how many were wet - that's your percentage probability for career for rain in FP1 @ Silverstone. Do the same for FP2, FP3, Q and Race and ten across all circuits and hey presto, hopefully a more realistic weather system for career.

• Agree 2

It was a similar story with Dirt Rally 2, so much rain to begin, it was eventually fixed, took about a month or so if i recall correctly. As long as it’s been mentioned in the feedback thread, hopefully it will get actioned. 

There's a very simple answer to this - it's because they're very proud of their rain effects, so they want to shove it down our throats. It'll never be changed.

It's the same with their sound effects balancing - the crowd, rain hitting your car, wind, the sound of other cars. No option to tone them down as the only thing you should hear is your engine, and boy 0h boy, are codemasters proud of their sounds.

• Agree 2

for me, ps4, career 1 (50% race), mercedes, was opposite:

rain only in AUS (race), barc (q) and monaco (race).

other than those, sporadic light rain in some fp...so very very good balanced.

Hungary supposed to rain all race. Germany simmed because started with heavy rain and the whole thing was rainy. Was burned out on rain from Silverstone rain and Austria rain before it. I enjoyed those two but two in a row is plenty. Simmed Spain because it was hard rain and difficult because AI already so much faster than me there. That's what 5 of 12 on my first season? Spread them out and tone them down. Don't want four in a row, don't want multiple red flags, but do enjoy learning the rain. Just not exclusively learning heavy rain racing.!

weather does not work at all

cloudy before the race said

At the start of the race, the middle of the race is raining

in the race in the middle rain and at the end

sorry that is not so, the weather forecast should already fit reasonably!

next mistake, it generally comes in the race too often rain .... is not realistic

the whole in online mode

• Disagree 1

I get strange runs with it. There are seasons that are normal/completely dry and then there's what I call the wet season. What's annoying is when you get more than one 'wet season' in a row.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1