Please add more info on the steering wheel screen

Posted (edited)

As the title says, we need more info on the steering wheel screen, especially for people who drive in cockpit mode.

At the moment vital info is missing, such as fuel mix, breakballast, delta to car in front or back etc.

Here is a picture of the App "SimHub" that shows what the bare minimum could be like:

Screenshot_20190731-122941_SIM Dashboard.jpg

Also, having access to full access to customization would be really cool, eg.: color, size, location, type of info etc.

Edited by SturmDesTodes
Spelling error, format, new points of idea
  • Like 3
  • Agree 3

Hey, thanks for using the template that I created with sim dashboard as an example (the blue one in the OP) 🙂 Nice to see that people are using it.

I definitely agree, it would be great if we could have all that info and degree of customisation on the actual in-game steering wheel. Using the app goes a long way, but not everyone has the ability to line up their view and steering wheel with the games cockpit to have it within sight. At the very least I'd like to see the fuel mix, engine temps and wear added to the display so cockpit users can disable the MFD pop-up. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

46 minutes ago, SturmDesTodes said:

As the title says, we need more info on the steering wheel screen, especially for people who drive in cockpit mode.

At the moment vital info is missing, such as fuel mix, breakballast, delta to car in front or back etc.

Here is a picture of the App "SimHub" that shows what the bare minimum could be like:

Screenshot_20190731-122941_SIM Dashboard.jpg

Also, having access to full access to customization would be really cool, eg.: color, size, location, type of info etc.

What design is that?

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, AlexTT said:

What design is that?

I made it ( with credits to Stryder-IT who created the 2019 base which I built upon )  You can find it in the Sim Dashboad app under "community designs" 

Edited by Worntoathread
  • Like 1

Here some shots of my simhub design. Still busy finetuning but getting there.53F94722-5FEB-4ECF-A598-302A8A435E1E.thumb.jpeg.889af6691959d040d7de4ca2acc71e82.jpeg

when chaning ERS, BBAL, and those things gets a popup

FC00B12D-0FCE-4F96-BE3C-D1D1D3A18D55.thumb.jpeg.67e3be0d69a03f8e045faa026e928449.jpeg

With my central rotary i can switch screens as like this:

A7E5411D-D5F9-4061-AD41-88DBDA6E5AF1.thumb.jpeg.a6870ea27f0d3907ad3f74fdaebd9b93.jpeg

C6F3EE74-86D4-4AAC-932B-C2A754EEB05D.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, AlexTT said:

Here some shots of my simhub design. Still busy finetuning but getting there.53F94722-5FEB-4ECF-A598-302A8A435E1E.thumb.jpeg.889af6691959d040d7de4ca2acc71e82.jpeg

when chaning ERS, BBAL, and those things gets a popup

FC00B12D-0FCE-4F96-BE3C-D1D1D3A18D55.thumb.jpeg.67e3be0d69a03f8e045faa026e928449.jpeg

With my central rotary i can switch screens as like this:

A7E5411D-D5F9-4061-AD41-88DBDA6E5AF1.thumb.jpeg.a6870ea27f0d3907ad3f74fdaebd9b93.jpeg

C6F3EE74-86D4-4AAC-932B-C2A754EEB05D.jpeg

That is awesome, will you make this publicly available?

23 minutes ago, Worntoathread said:

I made it ( with credits to Stryder-IT who created the 2019 base which I built upon )  You can find if in the Sim Dashboad app under "community designs" 

Thx for sharing, great design.

2 minutes ago, SturmDesTodes said:

Thx for sharing, great design.

Thanks man, appreciate it. @AlexTTthat's a really nice design as well, let us know when you finish it 👍 

33 minutes ago, SturmDesTodes said:

That is awesome, will you make this publicly available?

I can do that, but first I need to finish programming some bits and pieces.

28 minutes ago, Worntoathread said:

Thanks man, appreciate it. @AlexTTthat's a really nice design as well, let us know when you finish it 👍 

Is yours simhub or stryder? Can't find it on simhub

9 minutes ago, AlexTT said:

Is yours simhub or stryder? Can't find it on simhub

It's SIM dasboard by stryder-it 

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Worntoathread said:

It's SIM dasboard by stryder-it 

Great! I use that same App with my own design

Screenshot_2018-12-29-17-59-30.png

Edited by GioProductions
  • Like 2

Different "pages" of information have been done in other sims, Codemasters does seem to put more effort in their HUD than their cockpit display though.

• Agree 2

Would like to have it on my wheel like @AlexTT I have a zroso custom build wheel but with SLI Pro only. Thought about weeks ago to improve it by myself with an lcd screen from simdisplay. The problem is i'm a little bit afraid of soldering all the parts together. Maybe i will do it in the near future, because sim racing wheels with already implemented lcd screens are way too expensive.

I have soldered.... euhm....

almost zero?🤣

base is ferrari f1 rim, i just started building and plastic welding. It's a 3.5" hdmi screen, i also have leds built in the wheel. All is controlled by an Arduino Nano V3.

Here a overview

677BDD08-A142-4E8C-B76B-E504E3DB1C27.thumb.jpeg.32b83a2f268ebe589d7b7a9b6846af1a.jpeg

Still a work in progress.

tomorrow i get my arduino pro micro and can start programming my buttonbox for my ps4, and my 50kg load cell so i can modify my current loadcell setup. 

• Like 3

Looks fantastic. I like the additional lights for DRS and Limiter/Fuel. Maybe i will try it. The one from sim display is a 5" screen. Have to check if it fits or not. :classic_wink:

Is there any website where i can order button and rotary caps?

I'll try to make a vid of the wheel in action.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, EduCalza said:

@SturmDesTodes You did that dash on your first post? Can you share with us?

No, @Worntoathread made this one.

But you can easily find it on the SimHub community, just search for templates made by "Vincent".

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SturmDesTodes said:

No, @Worntoathread made this one.

But you can easily find it on the SimHub community, just search for templates made by "Vincent".

Thanks, but can't find for simhub, only found on sim dashboard for phones.

@AlexTT Any chance you have a simple diagram of how you got the different leds rpm, flags, drs etc and the rotary encoder all connected up to the Arduino at the same time. I thought I read somewhere that the Arduino only supports one set of leds that was obviously wrong, your set up looks great.