Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Logitech G29 on F1 2019 PC help.

I recently brought a g29 to use on f1 2019. I play very casually so I thought a cheap one would be a good idea. The wheel does not work with the game though. It's not recognized in game. 

There is no problem at all with the wheel, it worked straight away on Forza and Dirt so I don't see why it won't on F1.

I have searched this forum and done everything I could find to get it to work (deleting a file in F1 was really the only thing) but to no avail. 

9 hours ago, IJRiley0I said:

I recently brought a g29 to use on f1 2019. I play very casually so I thought a cheap one would be a good idea. The wheel does not work with the game though. It's not recognized in game. 

There is no problem at all with the wheel, it worked straight away on Forza and Dirt so I don't see why it won't on F1.

I have searched this forum and done everything I could find to get it to work (deleting a file in F1 was really the only thing) but to no avail. 

Then I suggest you try again. Fixed countless G29 issues the same way.

28 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Then I suggest you try again. Fixed countless G29 issues the same way.

I tried following the directions you stated numerous times;

Unplug the wheel, uninstall LGS using the geek installer you provided, made sure everything was removed, restarted PC, installed LGS, plugged in wheel, calibrated it, removed file and started the game. Nothing changed. Am I missing something? 

42 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Verify the game files in Steam. Do you have any other controllers plugged in?

I'm not sure how to verify them, if you wouldn't mind explaining? And I use an xbox wired controller but I make sure its unplugged. My mouse and keyboard are both also logitech, could that be a problem? 

Verify Integrity of Game Files
  1. Restart your computer and launch Steam.
  2. From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
  3. Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game files... button.
  4. Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.

As for the Logitech keyboard and mouse, maybe try updating them with Logitech G-Hub or SetPoint. You could try going back to wired keyboard and mouse or relocating the nano receiver if they're a wireless set.

I'll give that a try after I've done the re install of LGS. I found that G-Hub doesn't recognize the wheel at all so I stuck to LGS. I've not heard of set point but both my mouse and keyboard are wired (g413 and g503)

Just now, IJRiley0I said:

I'll give that a try after I've done the re install of LGS. I found that G-Hub doesn't recognize the wheel at all so I stuck to LGS. I've not heard of set point but both my mouse and keyboard are wired (g413 and g503)

SetPoint is for more basic sets. I have the MK330 combo and that uses it. Your wired combo rules out any nano receiver noise issues.

7 hours ago, IJRiley0I said:

So would it be worth downloading SetPoint? And I'm on windows 10 64-bit 

If they work in G-Hub, not really. And is it a G503? There is a G502 and a G305?

Also Windows 10 has several releases, type winver into the Run box (Win & R).

Just wanted to update you, I've just gone through the whole uninstall LGS and deleting the file again. Didn't work. Check the games validation. Everything's fine. So I just don't know what else there is to do.

8 hours ago, IJRiley0I said:

Sorry I meant a G502. 

And its windows version 1903. OS build 18362.10005 if that helps too

Yeah, you're running an Insider build of Windows 10. It is regarded as Alpha software (may have stability issues or non-functionality). Even the RP ring gets stuff that is being tested.

At this point I would bite the bullet and reinstall 1903

Download the MCT from the link and do an offline (disconnect (W)LAN) installation. You will need your drivers on a separate drive or media. Update your motherboard drivers, sound, LAN basically everything including your LGS and video drivers.

If you let Windows install your drivers then you can expect your machine to run quite badly. It may also try to update your drivers to a development build.

If you use Steam backup, dependent upon the storage media it is often quicker than redownloading the games (Ultrafast Fibre may give a slow spinner a good race). Also helps if verifying doesn't sort issues, you can uninstall / reinstall.

Oh and untick 'Fast Startup' in the Power options, especially if you have SSD storage.

1 hour ago, TeenierNeilb69 said:

Is your G29 pc/ps4 selector switch set for PC?

i opened mine once and the button snapped away, very easy to do.

the little green LED should be on.

Check and confirm

https://support.logi.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360023181054

Yeah, that was the first problem I checked. Switched it over to both just to see and my pc recognized when it was on PS4. I can play other games fine with it. I brought it solely for F1 2019 though. I don't really play another other racing games.

I'll have to do all the reinstall tonight. I have 200mb internet so downloads don't take to long. Although I would rather it have not come down to that. Is there a way I could download a different build that's not alpha or is it best just to stick to that now? 

• Agree 1

Found the problem and solved it! The problem was through steam. I was taking part in the beta on that. When you mentioned me taking part in windows beta it clicked. I also realised I was playing other racing games through other platforms. So downloaded project cars to text it and it didn't work either.

All I did was change the steam beta back to normal and then unchecked a couple of boxes in steams controller settings. 

I can't thank you enough for your help though!

• Thanks 1