UDP Telemetry Apps

I’m thinking about getting an app on my iPhone. But before I do I was wondering a few things?

Firstly, is it worth getting one?

Secondly, which app do you guys use, and what makes that app the best in your opinion?

hopefully I can make a decision on which app to get! Cheers! 🙂

• Like 1

You wont be able to race without one once you've tried it. I use Sim Dashboard simply for the amount of customization you can do yourself or by downloading templates others have used. My custom screen doesnt look as pro as anyone else's but it has all the info I want. Position, session best lap time, my best lap time, my lasts time, driver names ahead and behind and time differences, car component wear, tire temp and wear, my penalties if any, over Rev warning, ERS and fuel map settings. Cool thing is you can store many different custom screens and just swipe left and right to change during race or session. Like a track map with all cars or a leader board screen. 

I also recommend Crew Chief as your spotter. Free app and you will never waste your time listening to. Jeff again! Watch any iracing stream and they all use it. Turn on sweary for more fun! 

Most of the apps are just as good as each other, best way is download demos and pick whatever works most reliably with your setup and suits the visual look you prefer. 

Like I said, theres no going back after. If I start a session now I feel naked if my tablet is not there with all the info I want on it! Most of them let you use multiple devices so use your phone and tablet plus borrow your mom's or gfs phone too lol for all the info you could ever need. 

Finally its best to get an app that works with more than one game. I know sim dashboard works with every single game that allows telemetry. NOT gtsport (not possible) but pcars, forza, iracing, F1 games etc. 

Get downloading now and have fun! 

:classic_smile:

• Agree 2

7 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

You wont be able to race without one once you've tried it. I use Sim Dashboard simply for the amount of customization you can do yourself or by downloading templates others have used. My custom screen doesnt look as pro as anyone else's but it has all the info I want. Position, session best lap time, my best lap time, my lasts time, driver names ahead and behind and time differences, car component wear, tire temp and wear, my penalties if any, over Rev warning, ERS and fuel map settings. Cool thing is you can store many different custom screens and just swipe left and right to change during race or session. Like a track map with all cars or a leader board screen. 

I also recommend Crew Chief as your spotter. Free app and you will never waste your time listening to. Jeff again! Watch any iracing stream and they all use it. Turn on sweary for more fun! 

Most of the apps are just as good as each other, best way is download demos and pick whatever works most reliably with your setup and suits the visual look you prefer. 

Like I said, theres no going back after. If I start a session now I feel naked if my tablet is not there with all the info I want on it! Most of them let you use multiple devices so use your phone and tablet plus borrow your mom's or gfs phone too lol for all the info you could ever need. 

Finally its best to get an app that works with more than one game. I know sim dashboard works with every single game that allows telemetry. NOT gtsport (not possible) but pcars, forza, iracing, F1 games etc. 

You can set a button to go to the next or previous screen instead of swiping which must be a nightmare!

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

Sim Dashboard is not available for Iphone.

I use it myself on my Android device and really like it

3 hours ago, Acerees said:

You can set a button to go to the next or previous screen instead of swiping which must be a nightmare!

LOL yes I know but it's an advanced option you have to configure so I didn't go into detail. I only use 1 screen myself for F1. I use several for pcars as I do a lot of tuning and want switch to specific areas more often. I don't have a spare button on my G29 either! So swiping is no issue for me but it would be for someone actually doing it in F1 but no reason why you should ever need to unless you forgot be for the session starts! 

1 hour ago, GioProductions said:

Sim Dashboard is not available for Iphone.

I use it myself on my Android device and really like it

It does work on iPhone. You have to load the web address and then you can save that as a shortcut onto your phone

5 hours ago, Striker_703 said:

Hmmm... Does F1 2019 support more than one IP for Dish Dash @sloppysmusic

I know it does support running a separate server for broadcast plus multiple devices if that's what you mean? On pc that is... I got the paid version worth every cent. 

• Like 1

I use "dash panel" on my iPhone, it's not that great but alright for me. the app's Codemasters full data costs 4.99$ (for almost all of F1 games), you can use it for free, but you will have only RPM, Gears and speed. give the free version a try, maybe that's enough for you

2 hours ago, farjam1990 said:

I use "dash panel" on my iPhone, it's not that great but alright for me. the app's Codemasters full data costs 4.99$ (for almost all of F1 games), you can use it for free, but you will have only RPM, Gears and speed. give the free version a try, maybe that's enough for you

That's why simhub is "better"

it's free, and you can show the dash on iphone through web access. It only has to run on pc