Sign in to follow this  

Season 3 information?

When will the first info for season 3 be available?.....I think the rest of DIRT RALLY like Greece/Finland/Focus 01/F2 Class cars are in the package but I am really curious if there are plans for new stuff.....

• Agree 3

You’re probably spot on with the content, just adding the remaining missing content from Dirt Rally 1, but not sure when the official announcement will be. 

So 01 impreza, 01 focus

f2 ibiza, f2 306

finland and greece

Then 2 more RX tracks 

One option for fresh content could be the f2 nissan almera, as i saw rumours about the addition of that a months back    

we'll find out when the announcement is made. probably around when Estering comes out in 2 weeks.

for one thing: it'll almost definitely have 3 locations and 6 cars. so I don't know about getting Finland and Greece in season 3, but it's possible.

another: half the cars should be new. so far, at each release of DLC cars, 1 of the cars was in D4 or DR1 and one is new to the series (except for Group B RX because they were all in D4):

• Skoda Fabia & Citroen C4
  • BMW M1 Procar & Opel Manta
  • Ford Focus 2007 & Subaru Impreza 2008
  • Lancia 037 & Porsche 911 RS SC

I'd like to find out what's in Season 4 as well, honestly, even if they just tell us (for example) half the content because they haven't finalized the rest yet. I don't like paying for DLC without knowing what's going to be in it.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Pieman99 said:

You’re probably spot on with the content, just adding the remaining missing content from Dirt Rally 1, but not sure when the official announcement will be. 

So 01 impreza, 01 focus

f2 ibiza, f2 306

finland and greece

Then 2 more RX tracks 

One option for fresh content could be the f2 nissan almera, as i saw rumours about the addition of that a months back    

Never thought I'd be so happy to see the potential return of content I can already play on DR1/D4. Think the thing I've missed most in 2.0 is the lack of cars from 95-05, one of best eras of rallying in my opinion.

Would be happy with what you've suggested 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

We don't know there'll be a season 3...

But if there are, some 'rules' established by the first two:

- RX cars accompany RX tracks and rally cars accompany rally tracks

- Cars have arrived in class pairs (2x Group B RX, 2x Group B RWD etc)

- So far, only new classes have been added (I expect this to change)

- So far, only sets of 4 cars have been added (4x 2000s, 4x GpB Rx, 4x GpB RWD)

And not a 'rule', but a personal suspicion:

- Hyundai and Seat have fallen out with the licensing team

Which would mean...

- If the rumours of the Mini RX are true, I would assume another WRX to go with it

- If rumours of the Nissan F2 (new) are true, I would assume another F2 car to go with it, likely the Peugeot 306 ('old')

- If the 'off the wall' rumours of the 206 are true, I would assume a pairing with the '01 Impreza, but we have seen recordings of the '01 Focus, so wouldn't surprise me if there were two in the works there

• Agree 3

52 minutes ago, ebarbs27 said:

95-05, one of best eras of rallying in my opinion.

The best in my personal opinion! 

• Agree 5

3 hours ago, ebarbs27 said:

Never thought I'd be so happy to see the potential return of content I can already play on DR1/D4. Think the thing I've missed most in 2.0 is the lack of cars from 95-05, one of best eras of rallying in my opinion.

Would be happy with what you've suggested 

The 01 impreza and focus were my favourite cars in the previous games, was baffled when the entire 2000’s class was omitted from DR 2, but i would like a new car from that era too

...call me selfish 😂

Edited by Pieman99

I'm going to be the odd one and wish for a Saab 96, so the (unfairly unloved) H1 FWD class can get up to four cars.

• Like 2

There many hints that there will probably be 2 more seasons (leaks about the Mini, the Almera, the locations dlc list, french codriver speaking about 12 locations and 26 tracks...)

My personnal semi-realist wishlist :

Season 3 :
- Locations : safari Kenya, Greece rally and Killarney RX.

- Cars : 4xF2 + 2x2000s

Season 4 :
- Locations : Ireland rally, Finland rally and America RX
- Cars : 2x2000s + more to fill small categories (H1 like Saab 96 or R8 Gordini, H2 FWD...)

Season 5 :
- Locations : China rally + 1 new long track per existing rally.
- Cars : S1600 rally + more...

Edited by toninus
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, toninus said:

There many hints that there will probably be 2 more seasons (leaks about the Mini, the Almera, the locations dlc list, french codriver speaking about 12 locations and 26 tracks...)

Season 3 :

Season 4 :
- Cars : 2x2000s + more to fill small categories (H1 like Saab 96 or R8 Gordini, H2 FWD...)

Season 5 :

you have french co-driver leaks ?please

11 hours ago, toninus said:

Season 3 :

Season 4 :

Season 5 :

Big hate from me if there's no Finland in season 3...

• Agree 2

8 hours ago, gk9147 said:

you have french co-driver leaks ?please

It's old and nothing more than what I wrote.

On 8/3/2019 at 10:06 AM, Pioy said:

Big hate from me if there's no Finland in season 3...

Don’t worry, finland is infinitely more likely than the fresh/new rallies suggested by Toninus. Judging by the pattern of content so far, i would be amazed if we got any new rallies. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Pieman99 said:

Don’t worry, finland is infinitely more likely than the fresh/new rallies suggested by Toninus. Judging by the pattern of content so far, i would be amazed if we got any new rallies. 

agreed.

I'm not expecting there to be any more rally locations than Greece and Finland, but I know the majority of players will be very unhappy if this is the case, and that will be reflected in sales.

there are (minimum) six new locations coming and they need to make the DLC worth buying, because it's not included in the deluxe edition like Seasons 1-2 are. 4 RX locations and 2 rally ones does not cut it, and I think (hope) they know that. that is why (in my head at least) there's a possibility of getting new ones.

I'd be fine with new stages for the existing locations too.

EDIT: Dirtfish school for testing has been added to Steam depots page. so that's why there were two locations listed with the 1.7 update.

soooo what's the second 1.10 location? is it two RX tracks coming together? or something else?

and what's with the 1.13 ones? will they even be locations added the game? it doesn't look like it at the moment.

image.png.3cbe298c3b217221e89357aab0741df4.png

Edited by ianism
  • Agree 4

On 8/4/2019 at 4:49 PM, ianism said:

agreed.

I'm not expecting there to be any more rally locations than Greece and Finland, but I know the majority of players will be very unhappy if this is the case, and that will be reflected in sales.

there are (minimum) six new locations coming and they need to make the DLC worth buying, because it's not included in the deluxe edition like Seasons 1-2 are. 4 RX locations and 2 rally ones does not cut it, and I think (hope) they know that. that is why (in my head at least) there's a possibility of getting new ones. 

I don't think 4 RX locations are coming. The locations are based on the 2018 championship, and the only 2 missing are the ones I posted (South Africa and America).
Maybe we will see a new discipline coming like the return of hillclimb (but not on Pikes Peak because Sony owns the rights) or ice circuit racing like Andros Trophy ? The worst thing being the return of Gymkhana in some "playground" locations like the dirtfish one.

Edited by toninus

@toninus on the RX tracks - we'll see. I just don't want to hope for a new rally location which would be a lot more work than just one RX track. also, yeah, it's only missing 2 RX locations for the full 2018 season, but it's also only missing 2 RX tracks for the 2019 one, and as we have seen, the latter two are a) much better tracks, b) CoTA was only in the championship for 1 year, and c) codemasters could not have started work on the new 2019 tracks until after the game was released, because nobody had seen them until April/May

Hillclimb - almost definitely not.

ice circuit racing - lol of course not