Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CM did not respond

So i asked on twitter and FB and no response from CM.

If i get the season pass, would i be able to select official cars in duels or do they need to be bought separately?

Is there controller support for this game?

Thanks all.

These questions have been answered dozens of times. They're not official cars. They're just the cosmetic liveries. They need to be purchased separately. I personally would never pay for that as all you're paying for is virtual paint, but you can spend your money however you want.

There is no controller support. There was mention of it when this game was first released last fall, but there's been no word since. 

Ok. Thanks for taking the time to respond. So the season pass is only for the events? I can not use these cars or liveries or whatever in duels? Attached a screenshot to clarify things.

Screenshot_20190801-190829.png

Correct, the pass is focused around the events. They really need to reword the "Official 2019 Car" part of that because it's misleading. It's why people think you're paying for a better car. Chris Groves even confirmed that they're just the liveries. If you do choose to pay for them, then yes you can use them in the races. You'd have to do it before you actually tap into a race as there's no way to change your car once the race starts loading, only your setup.

Yep i realize that i do not gain any performance only cosmetics. It was very confusing if i pay for the pass imo i should be able to use the same cosmetics in duels not only events. But i guess i was wrong and will not get this then.

I personally feel there's little value in it. I know they're trying to monetize certain aspects of the game, as it's free to play. They need to make money somehow. 

If they aren't making enough money from ad placement they need to find new ways to place more ads. Perhaps in the middle of a race? Or while you're waiting for the lights at a grid start!