Sign in to follow this  

Tracks were the AI is OP

So far I noticed Suzuka and Mexico are the tracks were the AI is OP. I normally play on 104% and my car is the second best at the moment. In Suzuka I qualified 13th and had to lower the AI to 99 to be able to keep up. Mexico is the same story. I somehow qualified 1st after 5 retries and I noticed I lose a lot of time at Sectors 2 & 3 (in Sector 2 I was 0.2 slower and Sector 3 0.6 slower) so for the race I lowered it to 100. I hope in the next tracks the AI won't be so OP.

Basically any track where the AI can exploit its absurd mid-corner or corner exit grip is bound to be a track where the AI is strong.

you´re bad on these tracks, thats happen

i´m good on mexico and run in same difficulty than another tracks but need reduce in baku and monaco, my fault

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, squalles said:

you´re bad on these tracks, thats happen

i´m good on mexico and run in same difficulty than another tracks but need reduce in baku and monaco, my fault

No, whether you're good or bad there are tracks where the AI is better or worse than usual, regardless of how good or bad one particular individual may be at those tracks. It's one of the major downsides of the current technique they use for coming up with the racing line (simplified physics + a learning AI they leave running for a while with those physics until it can no longer get a significant improvement, just like in Automobilista), a technique they sadly can't get rid of without causing significant FPS drops on consoles.

Edited by Coffer
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

11 hours ago, AvengerGR35 said:

So far I noticed Suzuka and Mexico are the tracks were the AI is OP. I normally play on 104% and my car is the second best at the moment. In Suzuka I qualified 13th and had to lower the AI to 99 to be able to keep up. Mexico is the same story. I somehow qualified 1st after 5 retries and I noticed I lose a lot of time at Sectors 2 & 3 (in Sector 2 I was 0.2 slower and Sector 3 0.6 slower) so for the race I lowered it to 100. I hope in the next tracks the AI won't be so OP.

I play at 104 as well, and had to bump Suzuka down to 102 and Mexico and a few others at 103. So it's not that bad. Baku is the only other one that I have to move to 102. Other than that I have a few at 105 and Britain at 106.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Coffer said:

No, whether you're good or bad there are tracks where the AI is better or worse than usual, regardless of how good or bad one particular individual may be at those tracks. It's one of the major downsides of the current technique they use for coming up with the racing line (simplified physics + a learning AI they leave running for a while with those physics until it can no longer get a significant improvement, just like in Automobilista), a technique they sadly can't get rid of without causing significant FPS drops on consoles. 

no... all depends of your own level on different track

2 hours ago, Andrew210227 said:

I play at 104 as well, and had to bump Suzuka down to 102 and Mexico and a few others at 103. So it's not that bad. Baku is the only other one that I have to move to 102. Other than that I have a few at 105 and Britain at 106. 

i´m need reduce 3 points on britain, 4 points in baku, and back to default difficulty on mexico and suzuka, like i say before, all depends your own level on the track, like i need increase 3 points on austria, germany, brazil, belgium and italy

Edited by squalles
  • Agree 1

Suzuka since 2017 the AI have been super fast

• Disagree 1

Yeah Suzuka I've found the AI is around 5 points higher

Does anyone ever increase the AI level on tracks they are far better than the AI? 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, SIMRACER123 said:

Does anyone ever increase the AI level on tracks they are far better than the AI? 

Yes but only by a couple of clicks either way depending on the track 

I play 90 and I put the AI down to FORTY for Monaco. 

The AI are op on selected tracks but you also need to consider how well you yourself know the track and how good you are on them there's a fine line between ai being op and your skill set that's why I only go up or down a few clicks max on difficulty and some tracks I'm just not good enough or don't suit my driving style so obviously I need to practice and improve.

I had a problem with Baku last year. I'm driving on 101% and I never change it, let it be how it is, maybe I improve. This year Baku is ok to me My problem this year is France AI killed me, last year I didn't have that problem.

I think it'd be quite useful to compile different player's AI settings from track to track -- if everyone rates the AI as OP on a given track, then that's a fair indication that the AI is over powered.  Alternatively if some say the AI is easy and others fast, that's a fair indication it's the driver that's making the difference and not the AI.

I started a thread hoping to capture this info -- link