Blinking rate of the Red Backlight, F1 20XX

Here's a brilliant short clip of how the real life Red Backlight (Rainlight) blinking rate is in wet weather conditions.

During corners the blinking rate slows down and on straights and or at faster speeds the blinking rate increases dramatically.

In F1 2019 the game however this is not represented correctly, as ingame the blinking rate is at a slower rate throughout the whole lap and stays that way in all situations.

Especially in heavy rain conditions we need a more realistic blinking rate for the Red Backlight (Rainlight) at the rear of the cars to improve spacial awareness and visibility to the opponents cars in front.

Please fix this.

@RedDevilKT

@Hoo

@BarryBL

Edited by TheEmpireWasRight
Spelling error, Tags added
  • Like 2
  • Agree 3

Those flashing lights are so bright in real life I'm actually surprised they haven't been toned down a bit.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, SIMRACER123 said:

Those flashing lights are so bright in real life I'm actually surprised they haven't been toned down a bit.

Indeed, but in real life the rain spray vortexes are really dense and hard to see through, therefore the Red Backlights probably need to be a bit brighter i guess.

Speaking of which, imo ingame the Red Backlights could be a bit brighter as well, especially the Rear Wing lights are almost not visible ingame.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Here's a video of how the ingame blinking rate of the Red Backlight is being shown by CM during wet weather conditions, basically it is the same rate throughout the whole lap, which is wrong if compared to irl footages:

Edited by SturmDesTodes
Spelling error
  • Agree 1

I’ve also read that the ers lights go on and off at the same time at the same parts of the track for the player and ai cars, so essentially they are all running the same strategy which is not realistic.

• Like 1

@chen255

If that is the case, it is gamebreaking to say the least, as why would all cars have the same strategy?

It doesn't make any sense, hope CM will look into it, if they haven't already.

Speaking of ERS, irl the Red Backlight does start blinking at a faster rate when the car is in harvest mode, i never saw that in any of CM's V6T Hybrid games throughout F1 2014 - F1 2019.

Attention to detail is lacking in some parts of the game.

• Agree 2

Codemasters, will this be fixed or not?

It's totally breaking immersion and makes driving in wet weather conditions repellent.

Please fix it.

Transparency = 0.

Edited by SturmDesTodes
  • Agree 4

FYI on the first post video from 7:30 onwards shows the best example of how IRL the rear red flashing light is synced to the speed of the car giving great awareness of your speed when you can't see the sides of the track! Obviously not implemented in the game which has a simple fixed rate of flashing, completely unrealistic. 

• Agree 1

On 9/23/2019 at 4:14 PM, SturmDesTodes said:

Any news?

@RedDevilKT

@Hoo

1. Any news about the topic of this thread?

2. Will this issue of this thread, "wrong blinking rate of the Red Backlight / Rainlight", be fixed?

3. If this issue is not on your roadmap of fixes and updates for the next couple of patches, could please let us know so that we can stop posting on here and move on?

• Agree 1

2 months passed, no answer, so i guess this issue won't be fixed too.

F1 2019 is a mess, quite disappointing if we consider their side of the story that they apparently have been working for 2 years on this game.

So many bugs, glitches, inconsistencies, wrong performances and or simply questionable design choices that destroy a game that could have been much better.

Most issues fall on deaf ears.

They cherry pick bugs / glitches / issues and only fix those that are stopping the game from working out of the box.

Meanwhile, issues such as lighting, missing online and singleplayer features, wrong performance values for cars/teams/drivers, audiovisuals and or the unbalanced ffb / wheel and pad performance etc. have been cast aside.

Guess they are working on the Ps5 / Xbox Scarlet version of F1 already and are creating a new game engine, whilst F1 2020 very likely will be a bland copy&paste product of F1 2019 with altered values and small "new" features that could have easily been implemented in F1 2019 already.

There is no hope.

#MakeF1GamesGreatAgain 

#VoteWithYourWallet 

• Agree 4

1 hour ago, SturmDesTodes said:

2 months passed, no answer, so i guess this issue won't be fixed too.

F1 2019 is a mess, quite disappointing if we consider their side of the story that they apparently have been working for 2 years on this game.

So many bugs, glitches, inconsistencies, wrong performances and or simply questionable design choices that destroy a game that could have been much better.

Most issues fall on deaf ears.

They cherry pick bugs / glitches / issues and only fix those that are stopping the game from working out of the box.

Meanwhile, issues such as lighting, missing online and singleplayer features, wrong performance values for cars/teams/drivers, audiovisuals and or the unbalanced ffb / wheel and pad performance etc. have been cast aside.

Guess they are working on the Ps5 / Xbox Scarlet version of F1 already and are creating a new game engine, whilst F1 2020 very likely will be a bland copy&paste product of F1 2019 with altered values and small "new" features that could have easily been implemented in F1 2019 already.

There is no hope.

#MakeF1GamesGreatAgain 

#VoteWithYourWallet 

hooray the esports!!

• Haha 1

I’ve noticed when watching YouTubers play that the ers lights do not flash on the first lap in dry conditions which is kind of weird, because irl I can see them flashing on lap 1 and I own F12017 and they do in that game on lap 1 too.

Edited by chen255
  • Like 1

I am watching F1 Mexico race at this moment, and you see clearly that the Red Light is only blinking when they are harvesting the ERS for example

This could be so important in race battles in the 2019 game, but in the game they don't work correctly.

Codemasters, can you please have a look at this in the 2019 game?

• Agree 3

On 8/4/2019 at 9:36 AM, TheEmpireWasRight said:

Speaking of ERS, irl the Red Backlight does start blinking at a faster rate when the car is in harvest mode, i never saw that in any of CM's V6T Hybrid games throughout F1 2014 - F1 2019.

Attention to detail is lacking in some parts of the game.

I redact this statement about ERS in harvesting mode.

Tested multiple 100% races over the past couple of weeks in chase camera to see how the Red Backlight (Rainlight) acts under different situations.

If ERS is set to "0", or "None", and therefore "harvesting" energy, the Red Backlight (Rainlight) starts blinking in a interval of around 1,2 - 1,5 seconds, so at least this is in the game as the video here shows:

Either way, in rainy/wet conditions the blinking rate is still wrong and needs to be fixed, as currently it only blinks at a fixed interval throughout the whole lap at around 0,8 seconds, even though in real life it has a gradual increase of speed for the rate itself as the cars accelerate on straights.

Meanwhile in real life the following is the case:

As the cars go faster on the straights during the wets, the blinking rate gradually blinks at a faster rate; in slow corners the blinking rate seems to be a fixed interval of around 0,8 - 1,2 seconds (approximately 2 blinks every one and half or two seconds) and at highspeed straights it gradually speeds up until it reaches a interval of around 0,2 - 0,3 seconds (approximately 4 - 5 blinks every second) as the real life video in one of my older posts in this thread about the 2019 German GP shows.

Edited by TheEmpireWasRight

the ers lights on the ai cars are broken. Do they have unlimited ers or something? Sometimes im on a straight where the ai in front of me has its back lights blinking meaning it should be harvesting since it is dry weather but somehow even with overtake and DRS they pull away from me in a straight. I tried with maximum top speed setup so i know it is not because of my setup.

• Like 1

they changed the ERS-Lights blinking rate a few patches ago. But its still mostly wrong. right now in dry conditions the ERS-Lights are blinking when you are in ERS-Mode "0" , your Battery is under 10% or you used up the energy available for 1 Lap.

Meaning when you are driving in Mode 1-5 with a Battery over 10% the lights are not blinking at all.

• Agree 1

@BarryBL

Maybe you can explain/confirm us how the ERS lights are working in the F1 2019 game in dry and wet?

Thanks.

I find the ERS light important, because this can help when racing, to understand what the driver(s) in front of you are doing and maybe helps when to attack and when not..

@TheEmpireWasRight

Great topic by you👍🏼

Edited by GioProductions
  • Like 1

Wait, aren't the blinking rear red lights associated with when the battery is taking charge from the ERS system, and therefore timing is endemic to that car's operation alone and has nothing to do with abnornal blink rates from IRL?!

On 8/2/2019 at 8:37 AM, TheEmpireWasRight said:

Here's a brilliant short clip of how the real life Red Backlight (Rainlight) blinking rate is in wet weather conditions.

During corners the blinking rate slows down and on straights and or at faster speeds the blinking rate increases dramatically.

In F1 2019 the game however this is not represented correctly, as ingame the blinking rate is at a slower rate throughout the whole lap and stays that way in all situations.

Especially in heavy rain conditions we need a more realistic blinking rate for the Red Backlight (Rainlight) at the rear of the cars to improve spacial awareness and visibility to the opponents cars in front.

Please fix this.

@RedDevilKT

@Hoo

@BarryBL

Finally i have been waiting for someone to have the same thoughts as me. Ever since F1 2015 the ERS red light has flashed slow and it does it only when you are at high revs in gear 4 or higher.

I would like it to blink fast when the AI are harvesting energy like near the end of the strait. Also to indicate when the AI or other players are out of Deployable energy on that lap.

Finally to show If players or AI are having battery problems.

The Car sounds need fixing too. They should sound like this. Let me know what you think and DM me if you want to discuss it more.

• Like 1