[Suggestion][Wet Weather] Please increase rain spray density

As the title says, we need a more dense rain spray effect.

Ingame the rain spray density is still too forgiving, as even Lando Norris stated in one of his livestreams that he can see too much compared to what the drivers see in real life during wet weather conditions.

Also, from my own experiences of Karting, even at slow speeds of 60kmh - 100kmh in a small Kart visibility gets very hard to see through during wet weather conditions, meanwhile it is known that huge and massive F1 cars going over 360kmh create much more vortex and denser rain spray than tiny Karts especially due to the crazy chassis and aero components.

Please increase the ingame rain spray density by at least another 30% - 50% to what the current value is to get closer to a more real life visual experience and help us get more immersion from the game.

If you're on PC then there's a mod for it. It would be nice to have a slider for it so console versions can have something like that, but with some of the console versions struggling this year (a welcome change considering the PC version has suffered massively for 4 years now due to Denuvo and poor overall optimization) I'm not sure they'd be able to handle that.

• Like 1

@Coffer

Thanks for sharing the info, will look up the mod, i play F1 2019 on PS4 and PC, thankfully on PC we have plenty of mods and alternatives.

Sadly console players always get the short end of the stick.

A slider to adjust the graphical option of rain spray density would be amazing.

If i remember correctly, Project Cars offers multiple graphical options such as Bloom, Motion Blur, Shadow quality etc. on consoles to be adjusted to our liking, would be nice if CM did the same.

2 minutes ago, SturmDesTodes said:

@Coffer

Thanks for sharing the info, will look up the mod, i play F1 2019 on PS4 and PC, thankfully on PC we have plenty of mods and alternatives.

Sadly console players always get the short end of the stick.

A slider to adjust the graphical option of rain spray density would be amazing.

If i remember correctly, Project Cars offers multiple graphical options such as Bloom, Motion Blur, Shadow quality etc. on consoles to be adjusted to our liking, would be nice if CM did the same.

Here's the mod so you don't have to spend too long looking for it.

And yeah, the general lack of options and customizations in this series is a constant letdown, especially compared to other games. Sliders shouldn't even be difficult to implement, yet even the difficulty didn't have one until a couple of years ago.

• Thanks 1

Try driving in cockpit view then, you can't see a damn thing. You barely see the flashing red lights on the back of the cars.

• Agree 1

@DirtDiver25

Thanks for the advice, i do drive in cockpit mode, it's the only way to drive any racing game or sim imo.

The rain effects are obviously quite good this year, but still way off to real life experiences and hence not good enough yet, once again the rain spray is not as dense as it should be and the Red Backlights actually are supposed to be a bit more distinguishable.

From what i recall, CM actually never specifically talked about the rainspray density in the past.

Maybe it is either a design choice (a realistic wet weather representation could scare off casuals) or a hardware limitation (PS4 and Xbone are quite underpowered, only the PC and XBoneX platforms could easily handle all the stress imo)?

Hopefully they can open up about this.

• Agree 1

Codemasters please increase the rainspray density in the game.

At the moment the rainspray in the game at heavy rain conditions behaves as if it is a drying track after light rain conditions in real life.

Whereas light rain conditions in the game have almost no rainspray at all, which is totally unrealistic and breaks immersion.

We need a increase of at least another 50% to make the rainspray longer, wider and more dense.

If this lack of rainspray density is a technical issue in terms of hardware limitation for consoles, tell us about it.

If this lack of rainspray density is intentional to not spook off the casual audience, tell us about it.

If you simply don't want to change it, tell us about it.

It's been years and years where we did not get a response on why this never was improved.

Transparency = 0.

• Agree 1

At 1:13:10, we can hear Brundle talk about visbility whilst driving in the wets and how it affects the approach of racing and consistency.

Until now, due to the power limitation of the PS3 / Xbox 360 & PS4 / Xbox One, it was understandable that we did not get realistic rain spray effects yet. But hopefully, with the forthcoming arrival of the next gen PS5 / Xbox Series X consoles, we will finally get a drastic graphical improvement in how the rain spray density and dynamics will be visualized, to mimic real life visibility in wet weather conditions as realistically as possible.

I want to race.... but I don't want to be able to see lol. It's kinda funny when you think about it. I get the immersion aspect though. Wouldn't be my cup of tea however.