Posted (edited)

More levels and parts to keep you locked into the game until the year 2250.

First glance at the new structure is that they have addressed user complaints that League 1 was the ceiling. But the solution is poorly implemented. They created Elite Leagues!! They might as well have just called it Super League 1, then moving up to Super Duper League 1 for all the difference it has made. And now a new kind of part which by the same logic could be called a Super Duper Epic part!! They are just nailing bits onto the existing framework. I'm all in favour of an Elite League, but that should grant the player access to a new level of competition. Ten lap races for example. What we didn't want is an extended way of playing 1 lap Qualifying races for eternity.

Edited by Dr Zaius
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I give them credit playability remained stable and maybe even a little better.

My SR dropped from green to red after a clean Quali race, unpredictable still.

The game is still rigged racing bots, they are sometimes unbeatable still,

I've only raced bots, the bot opponent are  crazy in grid mode, some bots blocking, opponent Bot trys to kill you in the first turn and again in the last turn if you get ahead.  Had one close a 3 sec gap in less than a second and crash into me at the last corner in my second race.

Even with that, the game is still fun for me.

Edited by StKnowhere

So far most things quite alright except for the almost unbeatable bots. 

Back to the grinding I suppose

Posted (edited)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the essence of this update addresses the issue of the 9,999 point, League 1 ceiling. Added more parts to collect as well, but other than that it's the same game, right? To use a sports analogy, we complained that a 100 yard run would result in a touchdown. So they have changed it to being a two mile run is needed for a touchdown. And hopefully we have the stamina to pursue this. But I suspect they will offer some in app purchases to help us get there. Even though "there" is the same as the 9,999 point, League 1 goal, all the while distracting us from the things we'd like to see. Longer races, pit stops, tyre strategies, weather conditions and intelligent artificial intelligent cars devoid of psychopathological murderous instincts.

A bit more investigation reveals a strategy from Codemasters that will penalise casual players. Even if you play occasionally and win, you will slide back down the ranks. You may be Elite now, but unless you put the time into playing duels, you'll be back to the Leagues. Anybody see Black Mirrors "15 Million Merits?" I'm starting to get that vibe. Play! Do not be distracted by work, study, friends.....life! Just play. PLAY!!

Edited by Dr Zaius

Are real players names being used for the AI now?  

On my screen, this opponent, who is a top player seemed like a Bot and went into off track areas that now give corner cuts at Berhain???

B651DAB5-5522-48D1-AB46-BAB151BDA600.jpeg

Rating 0 players may not be bots after all. I’ve seen them cut corners like at Monaco, come at me to take me out at corners (even when off track) as well as DNF when behind. 

More mysteries with each update 😆 

On 8/2/2019 at 10:46 AM, Dr Zaius said:

More levels and parts to keep you locked into the game until the year 2250.

First glance at the new structure is that they have addressed user complaints that League 1 was the ceiling. But the solution is poorly implemented. They created Elite Leagues!! They might as well have just called it Super League 1, then moving up to Super Duper League 1 for all the difference it has made. And now a new kind of part which by the same logic could be called a Super Duper Epic part!! They are just nailing bits onto the existing framework. I'm all in favour of an Elite League, but that should grant the player access to a new level of competition. Ten lap races for example. What we didn't want is an extended way of playing 1 lap Qualifying races for eternity.

My thinking exactly. This is another gimmicky “solution” to delay the inevitable: hitting a gameplay wall. I still vote for chucking this game and focusing efforts on a fresh start to build a proper F1 game we can live vicariously through. This isn’t it.