Sign in to follow this  

Driver swaps mid-season? Really?

I was thinking of buying F1 2019, but I just read that there are sometimes driver swaps mid-season. Is this correct? This is really making me think twice about buying.

Yes, I can remember it happening in real life from time to time, but it really is a rare occurrence and in my opinion it is not a useful feature, i.e. it is likely to mess up a season in progress. Driver swaps at the end of a season are fine & a good idea I think, but mid-season doesn't make sense if it's happening too often.

Can anyone please confirm if this is in, & how often they are seeing it?

thanks

• Agree 2

It is very different for the players.

For me the driver transfers mid season were fine (not to often but it happens). Just the back/midfield teams.

But in my honestly opinion they should remove mid season transfers or at least give us the ability to turn it off.

For the between season transfers they should limit it. No transfers for the top drivers if their team stays on the top. But If mercedes/ferrari/redbull is down to the midfield like after 3 seasons the top drivers also switch...

For me the feature is not good atm.

• Agree 1

I had one (midfield) midseason driver transfer in season 1 of career mode. Since they happen on average once every season in real life, I don't really mind it.

The one issue I have with it is that I've seen several players who've had midseason transfers between top teams.

I've done 4 seasons of career mode and I have had 1 mid season transfer in 3 of them and it's always a logical swap for example mclaren is 9th best haas is 4th best so Norris swaps with Grosjean so he can continue to fight for P7. People have said they've had Hamilton swap to toro rosso mid season whilst fighting for the championship but I havent actually seen any evidence.

Thanks for the replies.

I'll stick to 2017 for now, I hope they will reconsider & remove this feature in future, it's not the end of the world of course but it is really not realistic to have random mid season swaps. Still I'll probably get 19 eventually when it's on sale.