F1 2020 - Wishlist/ideas/hopes/suggestions for the future F1 Game(s)

Que luego de que haya llovido, se seque progresivamente la pista, y que fuera de la huella, siga humedo, que halla solo una huella de seco.

Que vuelvan las pelotitas de caucho por fuera de la huella, y que este "minado de ellas"

Libre eleccion de compuestos de neumaticos, y que sea con 2 o 3 carreras de antelacion, como en la realidad 

Que haya ordenes de equipo

Mejor degradacion de neumaticos, en cuanto a lo visual hablo

Mejor desgaste en los frenos, que se sienta a medida que transcurre la carrera, que te vas quedando sin frenos

Mejor visualizacion de los avances en el desarrollo de la aerodinamia, no veo diferencias cuando pongo un aleron con strakes adicionales, o nuevos bangeboards, o flaps

I wouldn't call these features more of a re integration of thing's from previous F1 games

-F1 2012 weather system

As you can see the intermediate tyres begin to wear (overheat) as the rain has stopped I'm on the racing line which is already dry. By running away from this racing line I can cool the intermediate tyres down. 

When switched to slicks the tyres are not properly warmed up so to warm them up to temperature  I have to stay on the racing line. Watch what happen's when I stray away from that darkened racing line

Marbles are also visible on my tyres which on this game at the time take half a lap to scrub off.

Edited by Chromatic
  • Like 1

oThe last thing I would like to see is the F1 2010 pit crew system 

If you keep the speed at 61mph this would happen by driving too fast like an idiot

Drive too slow and the pitstop would cost you 12 seconds or more. To your pitstop time. This to me added more depth and an art to the game.

The trick codemasters was teaching was too get the perfect pitstop. This was achieved by driving with skill between 30-60mph hence the achievement well drilled which I got on the first day of playing F1 2010.

These things really I'd love to see return for F1 2020 too me it's overdue 

Edited by Chromatic
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

Muy bueno, es volver a las bases en cuanto a las cosas distintas y reales que hacen la diferencia entre un buen juego, y un juego de simulacion, con todos los detalles que vos ves en la television...

• Agree 1

Inoltrate la marussia 2014 in ricordo di Jules bianchi nelle auto storiche, anche se non ha vinto, bianchi si mise a superare a montecarlo dove è impossibile farlo 

E poi aggiungere piste storiche o piste vecchie come turchia, malesia, india, corea, germania, 

- Updating Mclaren Mercedes MP4/13 (1998): Livery with "Mika" & "David" (if "West" or this Little logo with the star in front of the Mirror isn't possible)

- Possibility of creating a new Team for the Career mode (choose between different car parts and upgrade them)

- Historic F1 Seasons (with the respective rules, i.e. choosing between different fuel strategies)

- Adding to the historic track list of itsayoke420 the old Spa circuit with the bus stop chicane

• Agree 1

Hello all,

Assumptions are really bad:

Ive been playing F1 2014 on my ps3 for the last 5 years.

Finally decided to upgrade to ps4.

Bought a copy of F1 2017, great game, BUT no split screen mode (1st assumption) :classic_sad:

(I play most of the time in this mode with my kid)

Thought to myself, no problem, I'll keep playing f1 2014 for this (2nd assumption)... but just found out the ps4 is not backward compatible :classic_huh:

Arggghhhh!

Feel kinda dumb and annoyed at both Sony and Codemasters.

Seems the only way I'll be playing split screen with kid is if F1 2020 sees the return of this beloved multiplayer mode.

Can I get +1 from everyone who agrees please?

Thanks in advance oh mighty forum!

A disappointed dad

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

I think that it may not happen but I have a few ideas:

2021 testing, they could use the model they have made and use it for testing after a few seasons.

Pre season testing

Helmet customisation

Fun days - when drivers or people get to drive unused cars E.G.WTF1 Renault F1 experience. Also, the F1 festivals with Donuts and other fun stuff

More control in the pit lane, steering and throttle control to increase the penalty and risk factors.

More detailed damage model, Sidepod and radiator damage, Floor and undertray damage (maybe from people “scratching the floor”), Rear wing damage, etc.

More random failures - I have played 5ish seasons of F1 2019 and have had no failures. We could have random engine failures, suspension failures, DRS failures that affect the car more, front wing failures(Vettel in Bahrain)

Helmet customisation

Suit customisation (Red Bull in USA)

More accurate Safety car And higher occurrence 

Definite Red flags 

Make cooldown laps a thing plz.

It would be amazing if teams could give the driver the option of having a specialty design (Mercedes in Germany)

Have the face camera look at the driver more often and have the name and number of the driver.

Actually use the 3 letter name thing in the game.(HAM)(BOT)(VET)Like on the halo of the HAAS!!!

More specific questions and answers in the cockpit during racing

Driver press conferences and more accurate and detailed questions from interviewers.

Lots of ideas 🙂

Sincerely, Myself

Edited by 00IronWolf00

Some more I suggest:

- Parts of the car that could fail or breakdown (e.g. the driveshaft, brakes) 

- Soft-body physics may seem rather extreme, but at least it makes the damage model more realistic, combined with front wing and/or rear wing pieces flying off

- AI drivers making mistakes (i.e. clipping grass, brushing a wall, corner-cutting, crashing into another driver or wall, spinning out)

- AI drivers using common sense, such as if there is a wreck on the track, they can use the escape road to drive past

- Penalties for unsafe release on pit road

* - Drivers from the lower series rank up to F1 [i.e. AI driver(s) from F2 ranking up to F1 each year]

*career mode

I would love to have a "Race Director Function" in Multiplayer Lobbies (for example custom Leagues) where the Hosts/Stewards (selectable in the Lobby) can send out the VSC/SC manually, giving out Penalties manually etc.

Also dedicated Servers, the De-Sync in some Point is to unreal.

• Agree 4

I'm just gonna leave this here too since I won't get any answers from Codies in the thread I've opened.

If you don't want to release the language file allowing us to modify the drivers names and since you don't want to update the drivers performances, why not release a little tool with the game like football manager used to be (or maybe still is I don't know) where us players will be able to edit drivers names and nationality,qualy skills,race skills,how aggressive in defense or if attacking, how good on tyre management etc?

I just had fun the last couple of weeks with Assetto Corsa Competizione and the one thing that I definitly want from that game to be carried over is the replay system.

you can save your race data and rewatch it from any angle any car (its not saving the footage of your race but the actual data of the so you and every car on the track are saved. whole race as far as i know. I've only tried the 30min races till now so cant be sure of it)

you have option of so many camera angles!!!

1]   The official stationary race cams

2]   Zoom out as the car closer in and Zoom in as the car gets further away

3]   Helicopter shots (oh god this is the most gorgeous camera shots seriously check it out online)

4]   Cockpit cam

5]   Helmet cam

6]   Hood cam

7]   Rear Spoiler facing the rear cam

8]   In cockpit aimed at the driver but facing front

9]   In cockpit aimed at the driver but facing rear

now lets be honest playing F1 at 60 fps or somthing around is a must but watching it in replay at about 24fps is cool heck even sub 24 till 18fps would be cool but i wanna amp up the visuals like crazy i'm talking 4k ultra setteings so that I can do some commentary and feel like yeah Ferrari beat the **** outta everyone this year or **** Williams is back with a vengence now we can already do that by racing and in the career mode but seriously just getting to make a sexy looking set of shots of being the greatest F1 driver ever would be super dope. so let us have this will ya? PLEASE ITS A DAMN COOL FEATURE IN ACC AND F1 2020 NEEDS IT

8 minutes ago, Red Demolisher said:

I just had fun the last couple of weeks with Assetto Corsa Competizione and the one thing that I definitly want from that game to be carried over is the replay system.

you can save your race data and rewatch it from any angle any car (its not saving the footage of your race but the actual data of the so you and every car on the track are saved. whole race as far as i know. I've only tried the 30min races till now so cant be sure of it)

you have option of so many camera angles!!!

1]   The official stationary race cams

2]   Zoom out as the car closer in and Zoom in as the car gets further away

3]   Helicopter shots (oh god this is the most gorgeous camera shots seriously check it out online)

4]   Cockpit cam

5]   Helmet cam

6]   Hood cam

7]   Rear Spoiler facing the rear cam

8]   In cockpit aimed at the driver but facing front

9]   In cockpit aimed at the driver but facing rear

now lets be honest playing F1 at 60 fps or somthing around is a must but watching it in replay at about 24fps is cool heck even sub 24 till 18fps would be cool but i wanna amp up the visuals like crazy i'm talking 4k ultra setteings so that I can do some commentary and feel like yeah Ferrari beat the **** outta everyone this year or **** Williams is back with a vengence now we can already do that by racing and in the career mode but seriously just getting to make a sexy looking set of shots of being the greatest F1 driver ever would be super dope. so let us have this will ya? PLEASE ITS A DAMN COOL FEATURE IN ACC AND F1 2020 NEEDS IT

How was the FFB on the wheel?

a few ideas that could be added, could be:
1. no lose of ERS and/or fuel. which could allow people to be able to race closer to each other without the distraction of changing stuff around, kind of like how it is in formula 2
2. something similar to the first one could be no tire wear would again could make it fairer in 5 lap races
3. better weather for example if it has been raining and it begins to dry up the track should still be damp/wet in the places where the cars have not been, like what you can see at the German GP
4. more weather options, E.G. fog
5. more damage to the vehicles 

12 minutes ago, bobbythehuman said:

5. more damage to the vehicles 

This is one that I would stand by. Rear damage doesn’t exist. Another lazy fubar by the award winning “sim game.” 😂 

• Agree 2

46 minutes ago, PatrickSperi said:

Historic circuits like the old Hockenheim, Imola, Magny-Cours, Adelaide etc would be great!

That would be awesome. But, if they do this, Codemasters needs to implement a real world applicable math to their cars, rather than, backing into times with the current track selection. In other words, the cars that we drive are merely a bad example of lazy coding. Basically, Codemasters know the estimated times around all the current tracks with the current F1 cars. Codemasters does not have their data to understand if their virtual cars are “realistic” around the tracks requested above. All the math associated with performance, possible understeer/oversteer, tire deg, downforce, top end speed, grip and etc is backed-in with time. Not math or a real physics engine like iracing, and yes, even forza. This is why Codemasters can’t fix basic problems faced with FFB, wheel v pad, and setups. If you download RST Software and look at best practices associated with improving car performance, you can see the raw data output and how it does not apply to Codemasters horrible decision to back-in times rather than the proper way of using a physics engine. For example, the Rake related to the car setup. In the game, the car tends to squat during acceleration and top end speed, which is normal. In real life, you can adjust the level of squat due to certain ideal parameters, but in the game, you can’t.  The data comes out the same or very little change when with extreme changes. 

To answer you question, Codemasters would be opening a whole can of worms by opening up new tracks because the game would not know how the cars would perform. We would see horrible FFB issues, crazy times. It would be more of a joke of a game.  

• Thanks 1

On 12/30/2019 at 6:49 PM, ShelbyUSA said:

That would be awesome. But, if they do this, Codemasters needs to implement a real world applicable math to their cars, rather than, backing into times with the current track selection. In other words, the cars that we drive are merely a bad example of lazy coding. Basically, Codemasters know the estimated times around all the current tracks with the current F1 cars. Codemasters does not have their data to understand if their virtual cars are “realistic” around the tracks requested above. All the math associated with performance, possible understeer/oversteer, tire deg, downforce, top end speed, grip and etc is backed-in with time. Not math or a real physics engine like iracing, and yes, even forza. This is why Codemasters can’t fix basic problems faced with FFB, wheel v pad, and setups. If you download RST Software and look at best practices associated with improving car performance, you can see the raw data output and how it does not apply to Codemasters horrible decision to back-in times rather than the proper way of using a physics engine. For example, the Rake related to the car setup. In the game, the car tends to squat during acceleration and top end speed, which is normal. In real life, you can adjust the level of squat due to certain ideal parameters, but in the game, you can’t.  The data comes out the same or very little change when with extreme changes. 

To answer you question, Codemasters would be opening a whole can of worms by opening up new tracks because the game would not know how the cars would perform. We would see horrible FFB issues, crazy times. It would be more of a joke of a game.  

THIS.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Support VR!!!!

He has been waiting for support for VR since F1 17 and we are still without him when the best in car games already have it. 
People have gone to play F1 but within Assetto Corsa for VR support.

I have been playing and buying F1 since the 90s but since 20 does not bring VR support I will not buy the game.

Edited by jairblader46
  • Agree 1

Wish list f12020,

1/ stop ripping custombers off with very lazy coding for 3 yr olds £65 , what 3 yr old has £65 plus a fantatec wheel ,

2/ stick with the original game coding from day one release patch 1.03 , which shows you do know how to make sim games 

3/ make pad vs wheel equal ,

4/ make car setups that actually work  and are not there for show ,

5/  if thousands of your custombers post about same issues , ie safety car  , poor ffb in multiplayer ,

sound issuses ,. Poor server lag issues , 

6/. Make the 2019 cars have grip unlike the poor  proformance patch that actually made the cars with no front end grip in multiplayer , like one minute the 2019 cars has no grip in qualy or race until a player gets disconnected ,then all of a sudden the car has amazing grip ,. Has too be server ,

7/ don't bring out f1 game early to reflect the real f1 and promise proformance updates and monthly livery updates again to reflect the real f1 ,.  Yes codemasters you actually said this in the run up in your advertising ,

8/ treat all your custombers wether young or old with the respect a custombers deserves and stop BS them ,

9/ actually fix bugs instead of adding bugs through  patches ,

10/ stop changing the core code of the game , you once had a masterpiece , now a pile of arcade rubbish , it's your name on the box codemasters so be proud of it,

11/ have a real online  community with truthful answers where everyone feels valued ,

12/ stop putting share holders profits before game quality ,

13/ finally , get codemasters staff to get  actively involved in league racing on consoles like ps4 , believe in your own product  , because damn codemasters you spend a lot of money on advertising trying to convince us your customers to buy the f1 games,

personally I havnt seen anything really fixed on f12019 ,  you have it in you codemasters to produce masterpieces of video games , so do it 🏁🏎🚥 🙏