DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

F1 2020 - Wishlist/ideas/hopes/suggestions for the future F1 Game(s)

already posted sth way back in september, but wanted it to be added here 😉

To have it on the switch because if could be portable on long trips.

F1 fan that don't have an Xbox or PlayStation should have that game to play any way you want to race.

You would be benefit with a new platform to expand on players on the switch

3 hours ago, MrFaxe said:

Please give is career co-op mode 🙂

THIS

Would love to co-op on the same team in career 

• Mouse navigation for the UI.
  • Proper FOV adjustment settings.
  • Fix the ping display in the lobby and provide a ping number rather than a simple graphic of Red, Orange & Green.
  • More setup options for advance users like heave springs, dampers, castor angle etc..
  • More agile physics and feel for low speed scenarios.
  • SOC ERS management.
  • DRS LED added to each cockpit to indicate DRS is activated rather than relying on artificial wind noises or checking a fake rear camera.
  • Visor tear offs.
  • A virtual rear-view mirror added to the HUD that can be scaled as most cars for single screen users will not show the side mirrors.
  • Add fuel mix number to the cockpit digital display.
  • Classic F1 cars should have engine map modes and TC adjustments.
  • Classic F1 cars should have gearing options as tracks like China with long straights are being speed clipped at 310 kph.
  • Classic F1 cars to include a KERS version.
  • Classic F1 tracks or at least some that were included in older tittles like Istanbul Park, Sepang etc..
  • Add Formula 3    
  • Push to talk option should be set as default so newbies are not hot micing in MP.
  • More camera/seat adjustment.
  • Enhanced understeer option should be moved to an assist as I believe some users are exploiting this for lap time.
  • Filters added to the time trial leader board whereby you can filter for your team or particular classic F1 car.
Edited by Coanda
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Virtual Reality. I know this quote is old and overused, but no VR support means I will not buy it.

Edited by Leakim1991
  • Like 1

Here are some things i wrote down that are more minor and things that i would like to see changed

1. Customisation/settings for online lobbies
I would like to see some more settings for online lobbies, Tyre wear scaling/toggle on/off, more damage settings that let you control what can be damaged and whether you can get punctures from debris etc. Safety car and VSC seperate settings for togglability, speeds aswell as probability. Let us actually have consistent rules and penalties by letting us choose each rule and flag and what penalities are possible to receive and please for the love of god stop making us serve our unfair instant penalites, as stop go's in the pits as it messes up our league races.

Let us give grid penalites in the lobby or pitlane starts perhaps for those who acquired penality points in X league.

Let us choose whether or not blue flagged cars ghost or not as yes that was a good addition for open lobbies but for league races it's not realistic and just annoying.

2. Setups/Setup saving
I do a fair bit of tt and i've recently ran out of setup save slots and it's quite a messy way to find one i'm looking for. One small change would be to only show setups for the current track your at rather than seeing monaco setups at spa for example, also if that mean that we can have 10 setups per track or something that would be great.

As setups go i don't mind how it is, some people say it's silly and basic but i think it's fine, couple of minor things i would to point out though. The camber is the wrong way round in the setuo screen, 'max camber' is shown as -2.50 whereas min is -3.50, -3.50 is more camber and therefore it's kinda confusing to me and i still am unsure how it translates to ingame. Also i've done some testing and tyre pressures don't seem to make any difference to tyre temps or straight line speed even though the info text suggests it does. Also ride height doesn't affect top speed even though i am unsure if that actuall would affect it.

3. Spectating/viewer experience
Alot of the races i do are commentated over and streamed and some small things would improve the experience.

A track map so commentators can see where cars are on track, this is useful for race and especially qualy. Let spectators somehow view the weather forecast. Maybe add a small 3 sector traffic light system next to each driver on the list, this would be quite helpful for who's improving or going purple in qualy.

When there's a yellow flag, flash the drivers name or something to easily find what's happening.

4. Tyres
Let us have a cutom tyre allocation. It would be nice to have more than 1 medium set. So if we can have balanced, harder, softer and custom where we can have things like 1 hard 2 mediums and 1 soft for example. Maybe let us change this in the garage rather than the loading screen to speed that part up.

5. Wet weather

I enjoy wet races in this game, especially as i use no assists, i even had a full wet 50% monaco race last season and won it just... But i must say the chance of rain is a tad high, maybe it's just variance but they happen alot in my experience.

On the subject of rain i don't think the track should dry nowhere as quick as it does but if it's stopped raining form a line in the road. YOu may not agree with this next suggestion but i think drivers shouldn't be informed as accuratuly about the weather, Jeff should be saying things like "there's a chance" or "the rain might die down" rather than "it will". and also can you make it so the DRS enabled/disbaled message isn't at the same time as the crossover point as it ruins any form of risk or being unknown to the drivers if that makes sense.

6. Please have push to talk enabled as default PLEASE, open lobbies are just full of people's mic's blasting their games or voices because their mic is just open

7. Please adjust tyre temps, certain tracks are really bad for tyre temps especially on the pad, regardless of setup chanegs and using no ers in the corners etc it just becomes really annoying especially when other people have less temps with the same setup but they use a wheel instead.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Speedy862 said:

6. Please have push to talk enabled as default PLEASE, open lobbies are just full of people's mic's blasting their games or voices because their mic is just open

+ 1M

FEATURE REQUEST

Voice recognition for radio commands.  This one thing would be greatest for gamepad players such as myself.  Setting up for Box when you need to change strategies is absolutely painful.  Being able to actually 'talk' to your crew would be the best.  

5 hours ago, ThatMooKoo said:

FEATURE REQUEST

Voice recognition for radio commands.  This one thing would be greatest for gamepad players such as myself.  Setting up for Box when you need to change strategies is absolutely painful.  Being able to actually 'talk' to your crew would be the best.  

They have this in the PC and PS4 version of the game, Xbox does not allow this as they only supported voice features with the Kinect then they ditched the Kinect so no xbox game has any support now 

Race start from the pitlane exit off the grid for changing tyre pressures and chamber NOTHING ELSE Suspension, diff, etc after qually 

Edited by Chromatic

A very simple one. I wonder they haven't done it a long time ago. It could easily be done in a patch. 

Add another race length above 5 laps. Say 8 or 10. 

I'd like a random season to race in, like a 1996 season or something.

Also, the option to race a road car around the tracks. Even if it is a safety car in time trial, but yeah a Porsche GT4 would be sweet.

133/5000

F1 2020 with a unique career and continue on versions 2021/2022 / ... (online profile).
I hate creating new careers from scratch.
  • Agree 1

In 2003, one of the greatest F1 game ever came out: F1 Challenge 99-02
Why is this game great? Because EA, at the end of licensing, made a game comprehensive of all the 4 EA's licensed seasons, and plus in the PS2/XBOX porting you could make a 1999-2002 career (the gameplay of this porting was awful, but the idea is great).
The same game, PC version, has various cool features (options you could set on), like:

• When skipping qualifying, the grid was in the same order of real life
  • Failures exactly the same as RL
  • Weather exactly the same as RL

I repeat: 2003, 17 years ago.

A mention: in the Studio Liverpool F1 Games, 2003-2006, you had commentary in-race.

So:

1. 10 years career with ACTUAL 2009/2010 - 2020 cars
  2. CREATE A TEAM IN CAREER MODE (as an alternative of point 1)
  3. A short weekend mode that NOT penalize gaining R&D points
  4. When all the teams reach the maximum power, all the power of teams should be the same, not like season 1 like Merc, Fer, RB, ecc...
  5. What is the point of having classic cars when you don't have any classic track? ALSO OLD LAYOUTS of tracks already in game would be cool, for example, i'll prefer the pre-2000 Monza Layout than a boring Short Bahrain
  6. Commentary in race
  7. Official HUD Layout
  8. TEAM LOGO AND SPONSORS ON YOUR HELMET
Edited by pspps1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/20/2019 at 10:49 PM, ShelbyUSA said:

How was the FFB on the wheel?

oh its great not Assetto Corsa Great yet as that gives you control over alot of settings to perfect it to your taste but it is crazy as you can feel the bumps on the track like never before. That being said my experience with sim racers is limited to F1 13-15-17-19 and Assetto Corsa Project cars and now compettizione. If F1 can get the track surface detailing up to compettizione's level it might honestly make the driving let alone racing a bit more complex as it tends to wrestle the car out of control but GT3 cars give you some extra control due to weight and lower speeds relativly speaking but F1 being as crazy fast might just knock me outta the damn track or into the barriers. 

• Like 1

Would be great to get a livery editor like Gran Turismo has! This would be so great for only competitions!!!! 

• Agree 1

On 1/15/2020 at 10:25 PM, Christopherelli said:

To have it on the switch because if could be portable on long trips.

F1 fan that don't have an Xbox or PlayStation should have that game to play any way you want to race.

You would be benefit with a new platform to expand on players on the switch

I remember playing F1 2011 on the VITA of all things and it was miserable. Games like this are not fun on mobile, coming from PC or console, because the triggers are not pressure sensitive and your only option for somewhat precise inputs is that weird gyro **** that means you can't hold your device still. 

Edited by RaceMyZaru

Oh, another topic gave me other ideas for Career mode:

• Custom Weather
  • Option to have real weather (of course where available)
  • Custom Calendar! Just to mixing up things after season 1

1. Red flags/full restarts. 

2. Cranes & flat beds that remove broke down and totaled cars. Rather than vanishing.

3. All classic tracks. Fuji, Monza, Detroit, Nurburgring Las Vegas ect. 

4. Improved cut scenes

On 2/15/2020 at 5:32 AM, pspps1 said:

In 2003, one of the greatest F1 game ever came out: F1 Challenge 99-02

I'm actually quite sad a game like this hasn't been attempted since.

• Agree 1

The tracks and "next to the tracks" are to clean, and the grass is too green etc. Implement some more real world stuff to make it look closer to the real thing. Personally, I am using reshade to lower the insane "pastel colours".

Would love a proper sim view, the nose and 2 wheels only. I am building a cockpit at the moment and I am not sure what view to use, it looks odd to have 2 steering wheels, and it's also way odd to sit on the front wing only 4 inches above the track surface.