F1 2020 - Wishlist/ideas/hopes/suggestions for the future F1 Game(s)

How about pre season testing in career, where you have a limited number of laps to try 3 upgrade concepts from the upgrade wheel (aero, engine, chassis) and you then pick one based on testing and it is applied to your car for the start of that season. The AI is applied a concept too and because of this and maybe rules changes etc you are either at an advantage or a disadvantage starting the season like real life. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

Great idea, maybe have a look at MotoGP 19 how they made it. Pre-season testing would be a great addition to this series.

• Agree 1

Better car physics and tire model. Just focus on steering wheels who cares of gamepads in racing game 😂

Triple screen/vr support!! Very important!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Adding my vote for VR & triples.

Also improved FFB or the ability to tweak more.

Laser Scanned Tracks.

I've stopped buying the F1 games and personally don't think the claim to be a simulation can be justified without VR & LS tracks. Hoping the acquisition of SMS will bring progress on this front, seems weird that smaller studios with smaller franchises/budgets manage it but CM can't.

Edited by JockMhor
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

I would like to see a more reliable AI level. As in the AI should be just as good on Austria as they are in China. I hate having to mess around with the AI level with every race trying to find the proper pace with my team mate. Recently though I've just started to keep it at the same level as I dont have the time which sometimes works and sometimes in alot quicker orslower then k really should be!

Well.... so as it stands the 2020 season as a whole is in up in the air. now truthfully speaking that sucks cause I dont have races to watch on a race weekend but what just hit my head was, we have classic cars in F1 2013, 17, 18, 19 and probably should have them again in 2020 but how about a

F1 2020 PAST-PRESENT-FUTURE Edition wherein you have cars from The Past The Present and The Prototype Car made for 2021 (or 2022 if the current news is to believed) lets admit it we would love to test it out.

they can technically introduce it was officially revealed at a F1 press conference. like why not right? we would love to race it now itself. sure it would be SPEC RACING based on an F1 car and not have the unique qualities that each team has normally.

Example Ferrari = unbeatable Straight line Speed

Red Bull = Best Cornering

Mercedes = Best All Round Car 

but it would still be worth it. and please like I've said before Let the Cars be accompanied by the their tracks as well. so let tracks from the past return. along with the upcoming Vietnam GP of the future.

the 2 problems I See with the prototype featuring in is that it may kinda kill off the next game of F1 so if F1 2021 or 22 isnt that much of an upgrade to 2020 players might simply hold off on buying it. 

FOM might have issues with it being featured in the game. But they did make a spec Car for F1 2019's Multiplayer so there's that. and we can be a really good test run for seeing if F1 improves with these new car you know the race-ability and all (yeah ok I'm willing to say anything to get them to give us that car)

Allow us to Select which cars we race in classic car races like when I am racing the 3 2010 cars having Schmi's overpowered F2004 zoom past us is kinda immersion breaking, the problem is the game select the whole decade as the year to race. How about letting me choose who I race so along with the 3 2010 cars i might choose the 2009 car of brawn 

or recreating a race between Senna And Prost let me race em casue normally in our year class we are kinda the slowest cars and pretty much at the back of the grid.

let us make multiple Liveries for each car so even if we decide to have a spec race we can race the Lotus 72D but not only team lotus vs Team Lotus and 8 other Team lotus  (yay)

seriously give us the Abilty to select the Race cams for the Replay Rear spoiler cam, Front Wing cam, Steering wheel cam on the hood beyond the Steering wheel facing the driver, Real life cameras (this is already done perfectly) , side body cams? ive seen some of it in the replays, Helicopter cams. and the really nice close us of the cars as the cams follow them by zooming in then out as they make their turn (these shots are gorgeous ) along with the rest of the existing cam. Throw in the ability to have a have the leaderboard tracking all the cars when we watch the replays and boy we can literally take care of the current possibly no season this year. 

Just an idea but with the 2020 season up in the air, I feel a classic season may be a great idea instead.

Like an actual full season from the late 90s or early 2000s.

You could even release the title F1 1996 or something.

Due to complex licensing this will be very hard to accomplish. But I love the idea. 

Tbh apart from the usual bug fixing and finally producing a working game, I'd actually love to see F3 in game. Once it's an official F1 supporter series now and MotoGP includes Moto2 and Moto3 for ages now, I think it's just a matter of time until Codies include F3 in the game. Although, I would love to see it more than ever already in 2020 with two friends of mine on the grid!

Posted (edited)

Penalties for impeding in quali. The only way it seems the AI drivers get penalties for impeding in quali is if you actually make contact with them, meanwhile there are many times where my lap has been impeded by a slower car on an outlap (I know they are on an outlap because I saw them leave the pits in front of me) costing me upwards of 1/2 a second at times and no penalty is EVER awarded whereas in real quali it would be a clear and obvious penalty.

Edited by MAH87143

Career mode- *******more in depth driver stats******and announcers reflect the hype from winning.. when they talk about career driver / driver record achievements... track records driver win % Create you own team/car/logo/name 

8 hours ago, chillyzy said:

Bring back 'Balance' in the car setup!!! 🤖

I don't think it exists, the weight limits are increased for the additional tech, so it is almost impossible to reduce the weight below the minimum limit and have significant ballast.

Probably decisions on where to locate, mount and fundamental design principles are all that can be used to find a good car balance, that they have to work with across the various tracks.

If F1 2020 is not coming or there is a little amount of tracks cause coronavirus, it would good idea includes F1 seasons 2007 and 2008. All the drivers, teams, tracks etc. 2007/2008 not have an official games so for Codemasters it would be GREAT marketing. 

I hope just those seasons for the game because they aren't any game. 

What are you feelings about that, others fans?

I’m way late to the party but here’s what I had...

F1 career mode ideas...

• Customize helmets and suits
  • Customize/create logo tool
  • Create a team
  • Change engine providers
  • Customize celebration for wins/podiums
  • AI should make more mistakes and have more accidents
  • User should experience random part failures (engine failure, gear box, tire with loose lug, etc.) like the AI do. Not just from maxed out wear.
  • R&d points should go towards the next season upgrades like real life. R&d for each team gets for the first season should be based off the previous season from real life.
  • Damage to other parts of car (side and rear)
  • Driver retirements/F2 driver coming up to F1
  • More/better updates from crew. Would be nice if you could get car behind/in front update without hitting the button every lap. Etc...)
  • Offseason to add upgrades between last and first race. Test new components.
  • Teammate earns r&d points to go towards upgrades (1st driver has more input on which upgrades are added)
  • Longer career 
  • Retire option
  • 75% race option
  • FIA/F1 rule changes from season to season. Much like real life. Basically the game shouldn’t allow you to max out the car.
  • More interview questions
  • More interaction between your character and your team
  • Heated rivalries

There are many good suggestions
I have only 1
Have a way to reduce crowd noise and only crowd noise
I can reduce it in effects but then it reduces everything in that group
I think crowd noise is too overwhelming at 100% effects 

I agree with creating a team, basing it on the online generic multiplayer car. Also the option to use the online generic multiplayer car in time trial.

Also, an option to do career without interviews or too much admin interaction or loading screens in the career.

Like an automatic career mode where you just race and things are done for you.

Edited by thatsfine