F1 2020 - Wishlist/ideas/hopes/suggestions for the future F1 Game(s)

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, tpbrewer said:

With the current real F1 season paused, and the F1 Virtual Races and Championship taking place, surely the absolute killer feature would be to allow players on all devices to live stream the position of the cars in the F1 race to their F1 game as ghost cars, so that everyone can 'race' against the champs in real time, and if they can't do it live, that people can import the race locally and do the same thing. Must be a perfect time to do it.

When the real races start again, the same idea could be applied to the telemetry of the positions of the real cars.

The marketing opportunity for Codemasters would be immense - not to mention bring something really exciting.

This is a fantastic idea. This has been done in games before, it was even done in a Tiger Woods golf game in 2014, as real life golf tournament was happening the leaderboard, weather etc copied what was happening into the online tournament 

Edited by TomAAA

Cross platform multiplayer. I just wish to compete against my friends who have Playstation and Xbox. Since I play on the PC, I cannot do that.

• Agree 4

I have been happily buying the F1 game for years.  I’m not a pro driver. I just wanted to ask if it is possible to have help in defining the correct set up of the machine during free practice.  Let me explain, I would like the objective of the free practice as well as to serve to know the track is to find the best set up.  I am not a professional player and I always drive with the basic settings (balanced) but I would like that based on my driving style there were some car set up corrections that are given / tested during the last free practice where the others are  objectives have perhaps already been achieved.

Posted (edited)
On 4/23/2020 at 5:15 AM, GLeo1978 said:

2) COCKPIT CAMERA <<<< WITHOUT STEERING WHEEL >>>>

I have been asking for this option for years..

Online lobbies: I would like the option to disable "reset to track" or it should be disabled by default in a "Ghosting off" lobby.

Forced ghosting (at certain points or situations- for example, halfway down a straight) in a "damage on" lobby to stop people braking for the sole reason of damaging your front wing.

Setups: A feature to "move to top" a particular setup or "move up" / "move down" options (useful when doing a featured event over and over so your most used setup is first on the list.

Ability to nest setups, for example having setups for F1, F2, Classic (or wet/dry) setups in one slot and using paddle shifters to toggle to desired setup

Leaderboards:  I'd like to be able to "filter" the leaderboards. For example, ability to show only lap times from people using identical assists to me.

Edited by tharealbossman
addition of idea

On 4/24/2020 at 12:18 PM, MarcoVer said:

I have been happily buying the F1 game for years.  I’m not a pro driver. I just wanted to ask if it is possible to have help in defining the correct set up of the machine during free practice.  Let me explain, I would like the objective of the free practice as well as to serve to know the track is to find the best set up.  I am not a professional player and I always drive with the basic settings (balanced) but I would like that based on my driving style there were some car set up corrections that are given / tested during the last free practice where the others are  objectives have perhaps already been achieved.

Most setups used require lower front wing then rear wing. Generally one choose better straight line speed (tyre wear) rather than corner speed, particularily in race trim. As for the suspension, again most setups based on lowest suspension stiffness and lowest possible ride height, which grants more downforce in this game. Lastly, for suspension geometry setup used "all right-right-left-left" combo, providing better acceleration and tyre wear.

Standard setup can be quite good at some tracks like Silverstone, Sahir, Red Bull Ring. 

• Agree 1

On 8/2/2019 at 1:11 PM, Mobcat94 said:

11. More customization

- Please could Codemasters add more circuits into the game?!

>> Allow the F1 calendar in career mode to be customisable >>> so the player can add/substitute/delete some of the existing circuits in the calendar before each season starts.
>> Make maybe 6/7 of the circuits permanent though (e.g, Monaco, Silverstone, Spa, Monza, Interlagos) otherwise you could end up with a pretty inauthentic F1 calendar if the 'jewels' didn't remain.
>> Perhaps the player during career mode could add a European round to the calendar (Nurburgring/Valencia) or substitute Austria for one of them?

I appreciate that Codemasters have to design the games within the confines of the license(s) for the official F1 Championship. But it would be great if they were allowed to add the kind of content above as an option in the career mode, which, is already a customisable experience anyway (you can customise your driver... why not the calendar too?)

>> I'm sure many F1 fans would love to include some of the older circuits; Nurburgring, Zandvoort, Imola, Adelaide, Magny Cours. SO much more character and more fun to race on! I admit there are a couple of modern ones out there which I think F1 fans miss racing on too, (e.g, Valencia, Turkey).

Perhaps players could unlock this luxury after achieving podium finishes in each region during career mode or maybe in another mode?

@Fayahow i said in some Posts already by the way i want to say that i am a greateast Fan of Codemasters F1 Titles.. But i think that everyone here stays absoulutelly delighted if yours introduce the "Assetto Corsa" gameplay /sentation of the car/behaviour /physics etc etc etc.. We already have a amazing F1 game but let s to do the Best F1 game ever all the times.. By the way in online mode if yours can adapt the "Iracing" Penalty System the game stays perfect in my opinion 

On 4/28/2020 at 8:49 AM, jamestb89 said:

- Please could Codemasters add more circuits into the game?!

>> Allow the F1 calendar in career mode to be customisable >>> so the player can add/substitute/delete some of the existing circuits in the calendar before each season starts.
>> Make maybe 6/7 of the circuits permanent though (e.g, Monaco, Silverstone, Spa, Monza, Interlagos) otherwise you could end up with a pretty inauthentic F1 calendar if the 'jewels' didn't remain.
>> Perhaps the player during career mode could add a European round to the calendar (Nurburgring/Valencia) or substitute Austria for one of them?

I appreciate that Codemasters have to design the games within the confines of the license(s) for the official F1 Championship. But it would be great if they were allowed to add the kind of content above as an option in the career mode, which, is already a customisable experience anyway (you can customise your driver... why not the calendar too?)

>> I'm sure many F1 fans would love to include some of the older circuits; Nurburgring, Zandvoort, Imola, Adelaide, Magny Cours. SO much more character and more fun to race on! I admit there are a couple of modern ones out there which I think F1 fans miss racing on too, (e.g, Valencia, Turkey).

Perhaps players could unlock this luxury after achieving podium finishes in each region during career mode or maybe in another mode?

Even if codemasters added old tracks from previous titles (malaysia, india etc.) . What I mean is just use the files/ track graphics/scans and just plonk the new cars in. This probably wouldn't happen but it wouldn't bother me, it would be better than not being able to play them at all!

Love to see VR in F1 2020.

Come on codemasters do the right thing for us VR users. 

• Agree 1

It has probably been said before but wouldn't mind some winter testing in career mode.

• Agree 2

We should be able to ask about certain drivers. What position they are in, what tyres they have just put on.

Example:

What position is Leclerc?

What tyres does Hamilton have on?

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

Hello,

This is my first post here.

1. It would be interesting if Codemasters add buttons to praise or criticize players after the races, positive or negative buttons. Buttons with positive status if the opponent plays in a fair play mode. And negative buttons in case the other players see that the player crashed the car on purpose. In several races, especially in the first corner, it is possible to notice when a player is dishonest in hitting other cars and impairing the race. I think it would be interesting for Codemasters to put more responsibility on other players in rewarding fair play or punishing dishonest players. And this system of praise or punishment could result in rewards in the ranking score at the end of the race. 10 points for each compliment, and 10 negative points for each review.

2. I would also love to hear the sounds of the starting lights.

3. It would be interesting if PS4 players could also customize the HUD, just like PC players already do.

4. Map editor is my dream.

Edited by nksrfn
  • Agree 1

Is practice in full career mode realistic enough? Cars can do anywhere from ~10-40 laps over 90 mins.

In the game ~10-20 seems about max average ability with programs and fuel restrictions in laps and out laps.

Posted (edited)

CodeMasters have done a fantastic job in taking over the F1 series after the drought that was F1 Championship Edition, back on PS3. However, I feel there are 5 underlying areas that could be improved. Firstly is the R&D of career mode. Secondly, legendary AI. Thirdly, being able to select engine supplier for the multiplayer car. Fourth, Some additional classic Cars available for use across the game and lastly, online modes being cross platform. I will elaborate on all these ideas below:

R&D Career mode: 

All the hard work and dedication of bringing a car that traditionally races in the midfield or lower, to dicing it out with the front runners, as well as maximised power units, Aerodynamics and Chassis, should be able to be carried over all aspects of the F1 Game. I.E in Grand Prix mode, online or time trial, as the cars wont be meeting the top speeds and level of performance that can be achieved with all these upgrades in career mode. Thus I cant help but feel a bit hustled. There should be a setting that allows you to carry the spec over to use, whether it be Grand Prix, online or time trial. I call it Career Spec got a nice ring to it i think 😉

Legendary AI:

Now i'm all about. challenging myself against the very best, but the fact that legendary AI don't set times near to what records are set in real life, I feel is a benchmark not worth setting. I love realism, and what CodeMasters have done with the physics over the years is incredible ! But I really feel that legendary AI is pointless as they set times that are no where near reality.

Multiplayer Car:

At the moment in Multiplayer, under multiplayer car settings, the Engine supplier is locked on Ferrari. Although a fantastic sounding Engine, you should be able to switch between Mercedes, Renault, Honda and Ferrari Engine suppliers for the multiplayer car. Which makes you wonder, will we ever see the likes of Porsche, Audi or Toyota return as power units, not forgetting the roar of the Costworth Engine ! , which brings me nicely onto my penultimate elaboration 🙂

Additional Classic Cars:

The current selection of Classic cars is certainly satisfactory, but still feel it can have fine icings on the cake 😉

The Williams FW28, with that screaming Costworth Engine ! , Lotus R31 from 2011 that sounds like a buzzing Bee with turbo !, and the dominant Red Bull RB9 that Sebastian Vettel won his 4th drivers world championship with, all classic cars I feel would place the finishing touches on the cake nicely. 

Cross Platform Multiplayer:

Cross platform, is something I feel CodeMasters is more than capable of and will sky rocket their already games successes and popularity. Namely, Call of Duty have recently enrolled this feature and works fantastically with users being able to play with their friends and family whether it be on Xbox, Playstation, PC , just to name a few. Luckily on 'COD' (Call of Duty as its known), I have been able to enjoy matches with my Brother, friends and family alike.  Now more than ever, during these tough times, it would be great to be able to enjoy multiplayer fun, no matter the console platform they have. 

I would love to have the opportunity to test the F1 Games with yourselves, as ideas always float around as I play your great games, and would love to share them with you in person 🙂

Kindest Regards 

Keep up the great work

Kevin 🙂 

Edited by PerpetualF1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, PerpetualF1 said:

But I really feel that legendary AI is pointless as they set times that are no where near reality. 

To be clear, are you saying they are too fast or too slow compared to real life ?

Virtual Performance should be definitely tweaked. Still AI drivers can get much faster after the session end. Also while fast-forwarding the time in practice session and quali they're ridiculously fast.

An option to spectate the rest of the race after a DNF in offline modes would be nice in my opinion.

Driver performance surely needs to be addressed because in F1 2019 game Perez was an absolute beast while Ricciardo or Sainz were too slow.

Oh and if the language files were back... 😉

I would like you to implement the red flags and fix other details, such as the celebrations. Little things that would greatly improve the experience of the game.

Posted (edited)

I'd love to have the GP2/11 (the old GP2/F2 car) in the game. Personally, I really do think this car is so iconic. Many current F1 drivers drove that car back in the days, also may be a nice touch to Jules Bianchi, who won the first GP2 race in that car.

The car itself is an absolute unit IRL. Unbelievably fast on the straights, great cornering after initial understeer, no power steering, V8 engine. Maaaan, I want to drive it so, so badly

Edited by Schneko
  • Agree 1

Ok only a trivial one, i agree with more or less everyone has mentioned, if i have missed this one , then i apologise.

In Time trial mode, please allow us to choose the official drivers from the team, it spoils the immersion a little when you are in for example a Merc, and you don't have the proper racing gear on.

Yes only a trivial one. 

On 3/18/2020 at 7:45 AM, Ukbordoy said:

I would like to see a more reliable AI level. As in the AI should be just as good on Austria as they are in China. I hate having to mess around with the AI level with every race trying to find the proper pace with my team mate. Recently though I've just started to keep it at the same level as I dont have the time which sometimes works and sometimes in alot quicker orslower then k really should be!

This! 

I've started to put it in the middle now and leave it for the season as I don't have time to test the level every race. 

18 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

To be clear, are you saying they are too fast or too slow compared to real life ?

Hey dude 😎 compared to real life too fast 💨 

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

Virtual mirror on halo or option to remove halo completely would be nice.

Also fixed cockpit cam or option to make t-cam less fast. It is a bit of a joke that all the F1 drivers use it.

Edited by thatsfine

Posted (edited)

I would love to hear the sounds of the grid start lights in the game.

With this function I can only look at the accelerator and no longer need to look at the lights. I just need to hear the sounds and count how many red lights are left for the race to start, so I can focus more on the accelerator and reach the ideal RPM to start the race.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ina7gSi4MyQ&list=LL&index=6&t=0s

Edited by nksrfn