Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Race start

Its down to you to have a good start nothing wrong with the starts . Last year game I struggled with the starts only got an hand full of good starts in 9 seasons were this year im on it every time near enough depends what assists your useing I play on medium tc and keep the revs at optimal rpm . Basicly when the clutch bite points lights up white keep the rpm there thdn when red lights go out release clutch and full throttle . But I do rember last year people saying if playing with full tc you have to give higher revs . But the aint nothing wrong with starts its in your hands that 

nah, the AI are defintely quicker on race starts, even Tiametmarduk has said he struggles in one of his videos

1 hour ago, blokeyface said:

nah, the AI are defintely quicker on race starts, even Tiametmarduk has said he struggles in one of his videos

Oh WELL, If a F1 NoobTuber said it, it just has to true 🤣

What's been helping me at the starts is turning my Mix to LOW. Since doing that, I've been doing a lot better at the starts. I turn it back up to RICH after 3rd gear.

Lean mix / high or medium ers depending on the start straight length. Depending on straight length max on both after 3rd gear if straight is long or medium fuel mix and high ers if for a shorter straight to the first corner.

8 hours ago, blokeyface said:

Their not

i play with no assists on 103 difficulty and since the game is released i did not pass any car on race start on straight line,i did in corner because of late breaknig but thats not the point,in f1 2018 i could gain up to two places on race start by better start

It's almost like drag racing, you have to hit it perfectly. Put your fuel on Lean or Standard and go into Rich after your tires hookup in 2nd or 3rd. Most importantly, it seems you have to hit the lights perfectly. 

1. Turn TC off

2. Rev engine to about 11200 rpm +/- 

3. When the red lights go out don't move your foot. (Resist the temptation as there are no cookies on the dark side)

4. Wait for revs drop to between 6000 and 8000 rpm. (this can vary depending on car, setup, tire chosen, and wear state of said tire)

5. When the wheel spin stops during the above rev range,(you'll hear it before you feel it with good headphones at least) gradually press on the pedal to accelerate. 

6. Practice over and over again. Slowly learning to increase the gas pressure during step 5 to accelerate harder and faster. 

7. After about 50 practice starts doing this. + or - Depending on how fast you learn. You'll find yourself starting to only losing 1 position when you do an ok job. *Assuming same compound as nearby AI. 

8. After about 100+ practice starts doing this. + or - Depending on how fast you learn. You'll find yourself at 50/50 odds of losing a position or not. *Assuming same compound as nearby AI. 

9. It's still a work in progress. Many many practice starts later, I'm almost 50/50 at matching the AI as long as I've done a practice start recently(like that day, yesterday doesn't count). And still haven't made up a spot without dive bombing.  *Assuming same compound as nearby AI. 

10. They say ROME wasn't built in a day.....So dont try to master it in day. 

The reason why the AI is getting the jump on you @ognjenlbj23 is due to clutch bite point in the coding. If you're using TC or a wheel that allows you to set a bite point it shouldn't be a problem. But if your on G920/G29 or any wheel that doesn't have the bite option then you'll get beat every time off the line.  

4 hours ago, Striker_703 said:

The reason why the AI is getting the jump on you @ognjenlbj23 is due to clutch bite point in the coding. If you're using TC or a wheel that allows you to set a bite point it shouldn't be a problem. But if your on G920/G29 or any wheel that doesn't have the bite option then you'll get beat every time off the line.  

Surely it's also to do with how much traction the AI has in game allowing greater acceleration. From what I'm hearing from people, they have immense traction which is helping them with corner speed & exit allowing them to appear OP on straight line speed too.

1 hour ago, martbloke said:

Surely it's also to do with how much traction the AI has in game allowing greater acceleration. From what I'm hearing from people, they have immense traction which is helping them with corner speed & exit allowing them to appear OP on straight line speed too.

In career mode in Bahreïn with fastest car (Red Bull), way faster than any backend cars, there was a safety car and I went for the undercut. I restarted last of course and had a lot of difficulties to follow (not even overtake) Toro Rosso, Renault and other cars that are very low in the performance chart.

it’s like the ai cars have overpower on the beginning of the straights. That’s also probably the reason why you cannot make a race start without being overtaken.

Practise starts should be a thing in the next game in Free Practises. You see the real drivers do it all the time at the end of the pitlane and at the end of the session on the starting grid. It could be another practise element to gain resource points and you can really practise the start as well (maybe with the engineer giving the 'go' or just made up starting lights on the HUD)

6 hours ago, Striker_703 said:

Clutch bite point isn't there anymore in real F1. I think it changed for 2017 season. I didn't know if it's possible to use it in F1 2019 with a decent software, because you can't practise race starts. You can make a LAN game, stay on a straight in neutral gear, set RPM to 11000 and shift up. But the clutch doesn't work.

35 minutes ago, Dussc said:

Practise starts should be a thing in the next game in Free Practises. You see the real drivers do it all the time at the end of the pitlane and at the end of the session on the starting grid. It could be another practise element to gain resource points and you can really practise the start as well (maybe with the engineer giving the 'go' or just made up starting lights on the HUD)

This is a must and also something I've said since they've introduced manual starts. In fact they should allow the reconnaissance laps before the race where you keep driving through the pits before taking to the grid as well where you can also do the practise starts. Just needs to be a highlighted area at the end of the pits you drive to which then engages a practise start. Would be awesome IMO.

On 8/4/2019 at 2:42 AM, DaleRossi said:

It's almost like drag racing, you have to hit it perfectly. Put your fuel on Lean or Standard and go into Rich after your tires hookup in 2nd or 3rd. Most importantly, it seems you have to hit the lights perfectly. 

Most important is the reflexes on the start lights.

4 hours ago, Akkan74 said:

Clutch bite point isn't there anymore in real F1. I think it changed for 2017 season. I didn't know if it's possible to use it in F1 2019 with a decent software, because you can't practise race starts. You can make a LAN game, stay on a straight in neutral gear, set RPM to 11000 and shift up. But the clutch doesn't work.

The clutch bit is still active in the current formula cars. The only thing that change from 2017 was the gear box makeup. From my understanding the coding for the bite point is there but it's not working correctly. 

6 hours ago, martbloke said:

Very true. The AI will be using the best setup for that track, which is why they're so fast.  

12 minutes ago, Striker_703 said:

The clutch bit is still active in the current formula cars. The only thing that change from 2017 was the gear box makeup. From my understanding the coding for the bite point is there but it's not working correctly. 

Before 2017 it was a different procedure. The drivers had two clutch pedals you could release the first and had immediately the perfect bite point. With the second pedal you got more and more traction. Todays cars have only one pedal which has to be linear over the complete way from 100 to 0. So the driver has to find the bite point it is not defined by the engineers anymore.

Anyone using manual starts know why sometimes the car is in 1st snd you just have to release the clutch, while other times it stays in neutral and you have to put it in gear when the lights hit?

I want to add to this saying that if you start with, for example, +2 laps of fuel, you'll get passed by everyone around you. If you start with something like +0.5 lap of fuel then you'll get a better start. This is MY experience. 

On 8/4/2019 at 2:52 AM, Punition said:

Fix your assits --"

This. If you are playing with TC You will be miles slower off the line. I’m starting to play with no TC from using medium for years, and providing I can hit the optimal revs I match the AI most times, and if my reactions to the lights are quick enough, I have gained a couple of places off the line. 

You just have to hit that rev sweet spot and hold it until the lights go out and you release that clutch...