Sign in to follow this  

Dirt Rally 2.0: Rally race against any leaderboard ghost cars

It would be nice if we could choose at the start of a rally a ghost car from leaderboard in Dirt Rally 2.0

Well you can in time trial.  What are you after exactly?

• Agree 1

I was thinking that I would like to see this in community events, actually.

• Like 1

Yeah hmm.  well.  Not sure if CM want to show the ghosts there for fairness reasons, however I definitely see the benefit of being able to review each player's run in an event to check if they didn't cut etc.   me personally, I always have RaceTrack Data Acquisition (RDA) running and that shows me how I'm doing compared to my best.   So it's a similar thing to a ghost, just my own.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, ianism said:

I was thinking that I would like to see this in community events, actually.

I don't know why this reminded me that I want the community deltas back and their associated achievements... but yeah, we should totally get those back too lol.

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Mike Dee said:

I don't know why this reminded me that I want the community deltas back and their associated achievements... but yeah, we should totally get those back too lol.

they still pop up occasionally!

1 hour ago, bn880 said:

Yeah hmm.  well.  Not sure if CM want to show the ghosts there for fairness reasons, however I definitely see the benefit of being able to review each player's run in an event to check if they didn't cut etc. 

ah yeah, hadn't thought of that. i'm not super quick and frankly having a ghost to chase/stay ahead of would probably distract me from staying on the road

Edited by ianism
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, ianism said:

ah yeah, hadn't thought of that. i'm not super quick and frankly having a ghost to chase/stay ahead of would probably distract me from staying on the road

Yeah but there are a lot of people used to circuit racing who can benefit from a ghost as they're still very slow in rallies.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

How are the Leaderboards managed anyway ? When I look at some times I can't help myself that I drive against controller jockeys hanging on the sofa (incl. slightly-drunk-bravery), all assits on, anything that makes it more difficult than neccessary off, pushing the left/right buttons occasionally (cause the game is doin the rest for you), hovering comfortably above the car, while I work my ass off with most realistic settings possible (full FFB, Cockpit View, Driving Wheel inkl. shaky cockpit a.s.o)....????

So does the timetable differ between Simracers and Posers ? 😄

Edited by GearEx

It would be nice if you could download their tunes from LBs like you can in F1, also.

22 hours ago, GearEx said:

How are the Leaderboards managed anyway ? When I look at some times I can't help myself that I drive against controller jockeys hanging on the sofa (incl. slightly-drunk-bravery), all assits on, anything that makes it more difficult than neccessary off, pushing the left/right buttons occasionally (cause the game is doin the rest for you), hovering comfortably above the car, while I work my ass off with most realistic settings possible (full FFB, Cockpit View, Driving Wheel inkl. shaky cockpit a.s.o)....????

So does the timetable differ between Simracers and Posers ? 😄

Yeah unfortunately it's all in one and no real filtering.

• Thanks 1