Sign in to follow this  

I want to be reassure about the cockpit cam.

wicken said:
This is what CM had to say.
[quote]Something that’ll come as a big disappointment to many, though, is the in-cockpit view. It was absent in Grid 2 and is back for Autosport, but not how you might want it. The developers say that it was a relatively late addition to the game, and as such, there hasn’t been time to sort out proper textures for all the different cars before release, leaving you with a blurred out dashboard and steering wheel.[/quote]
Wow some shed light. When I read this, I think that the PC version could have quality cockpit. They talk about an HD DLC for PC, can the cockpit be part of that ?!

Tr3voRR said:
Andi said:
Tr3voRR said:
Practice and quali, but no pit stops... It surely not impossible to have pitstops. There sister dev team (f1 games) have got pit stops very nicely nailed. So why not tap in that to bring it to Grid Autosport... it baffles me.

About the cockpit I try not to be sceptic and wait for an official confirmation, but since they are still not talking about it, my expectation is very low...
In the formula one games races can go for 50+ laps, even endurance races in this game are nowhere near that length.
Well in grid 1 they had LeMans type race, if that's present in this one it would make since to have pit stops. If they only have short race like WTCC or touring in general I guess yeah you don't really need pit stops. If they offer anything higher than 35 laps, you would definitely need pit stops and if not than I understand.

To be honest I am more concern about the cockpit, may be weird for some, but I like quality cockpit, for me this will determine if I make a purchase or not. It's very odd, because the F3 cockpit looks detailed and next to that they show the audi cockpit with zero detail. I wish they made some clarifications.
Regarding GRID (2008) and pitstops, there are none that I've ever seen.  The 24 Hours of LeMans in the career is scaled to only 24 minutes long.  You can create longer time scaled endurance races in race day, but as far as I have seen even in the real time 24 Hours there are no pitstops. 

Frank
PC/keyboard, offline single player (still).

wicken said:
This is what CM had to say.
[quote]Something that’ll come as a big disappointment to many, though, is the in-cockpit view. It was absent in Grid 2 and is back for Autosport, but not how you might want it. The developers say that it was a relatively late addition to the game, and as such, there hasn’t been time to sort out proper textures for all the different cars before release, leaving you with a blurred out dashboard and steering wheel.[/quote]
If it is like that , why they did not wait until to make a proper cockpit view, not so detailed as the world of speed, preoject cars etc , but similar to Grid 1 and DIRT games,havin same  graphics in your games as you ahd before 6 years its not the best, but at least its decent..ok i can leave without cockpit view as GAS  is not 100% sim and the field of view in cockpit view is not big...i hope only the HD textures pack for PC version to make cockpit view better... /:)