Sign in to follow this  

I have decided, that I hate DRS.

If I had the option (hint hint CM :P)  to turn it off, I would. I can't stand being half a second a lap faster than someone but not being able to get away from them, then, esp on 2014, have my tires fade as the AI starts putting in their best laps because they don't suffer from tire wear. Causing a false sense of good AI and the AI passing you on the straights with their more effective than the players DRS.

Or even more annoyingly, passing you on the straight then holding you up for the rest of the lap.

Or my favorite, the " tag team AI " where two AI drive away from everyone else because they just keep DRSing eachother over and over. 

This concludes my rant.

TLDR : DRS sucks and makes for fake racing.

Just because you dont like it doesnt mean CM will have the option to turn it off.. Drs makes races interesting.

DRS isnt really the problem is it? More like inconsistent AI with no tyrewear and TC on full

Just because you dont like it doesnt mean CM will have the option to turn it off.. Drs makes races interesting.
It's a sad day if F1 needs such artificial things like DRS to make races interesting.
Actually I hate everything about the current F1.

Tourgott said:
It's a sad day if F1 needs such artificial things like DRS to make races interesting.

How can you not like the SPARKS from last night? :O

Tourgott said:
Okay so people getting held up because there tyres and engine overheat is better? Aka 2010 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix? Please go watch bahrain 2014 Grand Prix, hungary 2014 Grand Prix and hockenhiem 2014 Grand Prix, easily some of the best races ive seen

Tourgott said:

Yeah, I guess they will now put a New Year rocket under every car to intensify their artificial sparks.
Tourgott said:
Okay so people getting held up because there tyres and engine overheat is better? Aka 2010 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix? Please go watch bahrain 2014 Grand Prix, hungary 2014 Grand Prix and hockenhiem 2014 Grand Prix, easily some of the best races ive seen
You must have not seen many F1 races if you actually consider these as "some of the best races".

Tourgott said:
Tourgott said:
You must have not seen many F1 races if you actually consider these as "some of the best races".
Ive watched formula one races for years, although it took a while to get used to the new V6 sound the races have being pretty good

Actually they were some of the best races in recent F1. Why not? Each year we get some great races and those above were definate examples.

JJRosso said:

Actually they were some of the best races in recent F1. Why not? Each year we get some great races and those above were definate examples.
Recent F1 is pretty vague. If you consider recent F1 as last year, then I agree. Otherwise I disagree. This "tyre-fuel-saving-DRS-fake-overtaking-horrbile sounding-F1" we have today is just MOD EDIT: LANGUAGE PEOPLE

They could add an auto DRS, where it automatically enables if you're in the zone, and switches off when you brake. Although that could mean you ram the car in front as you suddenly pick up speed without doing anything!

They could add an auto DRS, where it automatically enables if you're in the zone, and switches off when you brake. Although that could mean you ram the car in front as you suddenly pick up speed without doing anything!
Maybe if you have no driving skills you might run into the back of a driver on a straight.. That would amaze me if someone did.. Then again watching maldonado race amazes me enough to believe that is possible.

If I had the option (hint hint CM :P)  to turn it off, I would. I can't stand being half a second a lap faster than someone but not being able to get away from them, then, esp on 2014, have my tires fade as the AI starts putting in their best laps because they don't suffer from tire wear. Causing a false sense of good AI and the AI passing you on the straights with their more effective than the players DRS.

Or even more annoyingly, passing you on the straight then holding you up for the rest of the lap.

Or my favorite, the " tag team AI " where two AI drive away from everyone else because they just keep DRSing eachother over and over. 

This concludes my rant.

TLDR : DRS sucks and makes for fake racing.
Totally agree. Fuck off DRS, and KERS too

JJRosso said:
DRS isnt really the problem is it? More like inconsistent AI with no tyrewear and TC on full
Yes that's the root of the issue. But I still don't like DRS. I just don't like artificial racing.

Kers is gone and hopefully stays that way, so next is DRS hopefully :p 

And indeed, I could go for that V10 sound.

Not liking DRS isn't an issue with the game - it's an issue with Formula 1.  Codemasters should accurately recreate the game, so DRS needs to be in, and I don't even see a need to make it an option; that would be like not allowing 3 point shots in NBA 2K.

JJRosso said:
Yes that's the root of the issue. But I still don't like DRS. I just don't like artificial racing.

Kers is gone and hopefully stays that way, so next is DRS hopefully :p 

And indeed, I could go for that V10 sound.
DRS is needed because of the turbulence created behind the current F1 cars. Its why Rosberg was  so upset in China because if he go too close he would hurt his tyres. So to remove DRS is to remove alot of overtaking, artificial or not. The answer to removing DRS is to come up with a formula that doesnt create too much turbulence behind the car. If that happens then the cars become slower through corners, then you have to go back to V10's to increase lap times which alot of fans want but manufacturers wont do.

So disliking something thats necessary doesnt make much sense, even though we all do it.

Over taking done by a button press isn't over taking. It's just fake crap to try and pretend its interesting. 

They need to stop the nonsense and properly design the cars if they they can't pass without DRS. And no, they don't "need" V10s. There are 4cyl out there with over 700hp, there is no reason they can't get the power out of a V6 that is needed.

Though I would indeed prefer the high revving V10s lol

Over taking done by a button press isn't over taking. It's just fake crap to try and pretend its interesting. 

They need to stop the nonsense and properly design the cars if they they can't pass without DRS. And no, they don't "need" V10s. There are 4cyl out there with over 700hp, there is no reason they can't get the power out of a V6 that is needed.

Though I would indeed prefer the high revving V10s lol
Complaining on a games forum isnt going to do anything its just a waste of time, you may aswell get used to it because bernie wont bother listening to you so maybe move on either from this subject or go to another motorsport. Thanks

Reub09 said:
Tourgott said:

They were from the titanium skid blocks

I know that, but how can one not like them? :)

Reub09 said:
Tourgott said:

They were from the titanium skid blocks

Because they are artificial and just introduced for the show which is ridiculous for serious motorsport (exactly like DRS, fuel and tyre saving).

Tourgott said:

Because they are artificial and just introduced for the show which is ridiculous for serious motorsport (exactly like DRS, fuel and tyre saving).
They are a bit artifical, but unlike DRS or tyre saving they do not impact performance or aid overtaking. They just look spectacular and show how close those cars run to the ground and how much downforce they generate near their top speeds.

I agree that DRS is a bit too artifical - I'd prefer if they really cut down on aero, increased tyre size for mechanical grip and built tracks with flow instead of stupid straight-hairpin-straight-chicane-straight-AbuDhabi style layouts.

Personally, I like the new powerplants - I find them simply amazing from a technical point of view. I also like their sound - I hope the TV broadcasts explains more of the technical advancement and that microphones and recording techniques showcase the power unit intricate noises better.

Tourgott said:

Actually, no. They were not 'just introduced for the show', they were introduced because of safety concerns about the heavy metals previously being used and to force teams to run higher ride heights to manage plank wear. I don't remember people complaining about F1 being fake last time titanium skid blocks were used (pre 1994)!

Also, DRS has never been about creating an easy overtake. We all want to see cars pulling 5g round corners but the consequence of that is it's nearly impossible to closely follow the car in front. When DRS is applied correctly, it gives the following driver a fighting chance of getting into the breaking zone to challenge for position. Without it the following car would need to be 2+ seconds a lap faster to attempt a move.

Admittedly, at some circuits it is applied better than others, but since the DRS zones are determined before the cars hit the track it’s a bit of a guessing game where the correct placement should be.