Sign in to follow this  

Career AI faster than GP AI? Setup for maxed out car in career. HELP!!!!

Posted (edited)

Hi everyone,

Something is really wrong. I am currently on S3 career and went to Haas (2nd on the grid, close to Ferrari and almost maxed out). In S1 and S2 I was in Williams and we were 2nd worst team on the grid. I was comfortably running 106% AI beating my teammate, finishing p16 in the race most of the time and two times p10 and p7 in S2. Then in the end of S2 I went to Haas. It is almost maxed out. My teammate is Verstappen.

First race in Melbourne and I am struggling to get to p7 in quals šŸ˜® Okay, I have tweaked my setup and managed to qualify p5 but still it was pretty weird coz my gap to pole and 3rd Verstappen in the same car was too big. P5 in the race. I've decided to lower AI to 103 for Bahrain.

Quals in bahrain and I am struggling to qualify higher than p9... My best time in quals was 1.24.9 losing to Verstappen over 0.6seconds. ***? I tried different setups, lowering wing to 1-1, putting them on 7-6, tried balanced setup and I was always in the 1.25.0 range.Ā 

Okay something is wrong. I went to Grand Prix mode. 105 AI Bahrain in Ferrari as Leclerc. Short qualifying, my 2nd scruffy run with my TT online setup (500th on the LB) and I've easily managed to beat Vettel by 0.100s and qualify P3. What is wrong? Why I can easily keep up with 105AI in grand prix mode but now suddenly in career I can't handle 103 AI? In almost maxed out Haas basically on the same R&D level as Ferrari (rest of the grid is way behind). I've tried different setups in career and still was losing almost a second to pole times in Australia and Bahrain. Is it bugged or what?

Edited by sajlent

I had the exact same issue after changing teams. My S1 with Toro Rosso I was beating my team mate by 0.4/0.5 in quali. I moved teams to the 4th placed McLaren and I qualified in Australia in P18 with my team mate in P5. I really believe something in coding is broken for R&D/team changes

Now my Haas is the best team on the grid and we still can't catch up Ferrari.

And it's pretty boring, I'm in S3 R6 and already Haas is maxed out, Ferrari is nearly there. Same for McLaren.Ā 

Maybe it's the fastforward glitch in quals?

It's pretty weird. Maxed out ferrari - abu dhabi quals. I lowered AI just to check what's going on - 90%. I was on pole BUT 2nd time was only +0.350 from me. I was shocked. I am not that bad. I was thinking maybe I've got bad setup? In TT I am running 3-3 wings with Merc so with maxed out Ferrari I put it on 2-2 and then 1-1 or 1-2 - no difference.

I went to Grand Prix mode. Ferrari, abu dhabi, 90% AI. Setup from TT with 4-4 wings. Pole positionĀ with something 1.35 ish. 2nd time was +1.5 seconds behind meĀ šŸ˜®Ā 

This is weird xD

3 hours ago, sajlent said:

It's pretty weird. Maxed out ferrari - abu dhabi quals. I lowered AI just to check what's going on - 90%. I was on pole BUT 2nd time was only +0.350 from me. I was shocked. I am not that bad. I was thinking maybe I've got bad setup? In TT I am running 3-3 wings with Merc so with maxed out Ferrari I put it on 2-2 and then 1-1 or 1-2 - no difference.

I went to Grand Prix mode. Ferrari, abu dhabi, 90% AI. Setup from TT with 4-4 wings. Pole positionĀ with something 1.35 ish. 2nd time was +1.5 seconds behind meĀ šŸ˜®Ā 

This is weird xD

So, you have tried the same car with same setup? Is that right?

what was YOURĀ lap times difference between career and gp?

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, sajlent said:

This is weird xD

What were the fastest lap times across S1-S3 for a particular circuit in Qualy? According to Tiametmarduk's (YouTuber) testing simming through seasons, the fastest Qualy lap time in S3 @ Australia wasĀ 5 seconds faster than S1!! This could be a reason perhaps?!?

Edited by martbloke

1 hour ago, DaleRossi said:

GP the car is maxed out and in Career it has to be built up.

GP have no upgrades, itā€™s the basics, exactly like TT or 1st race in CareerĀ 

So, you have tried the same car with same setup? Is that right?

what was YOURĀ lap times difference between career and gp?

Yes but only to test the GP mode with something worse than Merc to tell if I can beat the AI with no problem.

In GP my pole time was something around 1.35.7 but I could probably get 2 tenths by lowering the wings to 3-3. And I didn't try that much,Ā 

In career (Ferrari, maxed out, S3, same lvl of AI, short quals) my time was obviously faster than 1.35 (I don't really remember now) but the difference between P1 and P2 was only 0.350s. In GP, in worse Ferrari the difference between P1 and P2 was 1.5Ā seconds.

What were the fastest lap times across S1-S3 for a particular circuit in Qualy? According to Tiametmarduk's (YouTuber) testing simming through seasons, the fastest Qualy lap time in S3 @ Australia wasĀ 5 seconds faster than S1!! This could be a reason perhaps?!?

I was using short quals not full quals. What I usually do is fast forward to 10 minutes to go, then I do my first lap. I go back to the garage, tweak my wings and rest if needed, set new tyres and I go for 2nd lap with 2-3 minutes to the end of quals.

GP the car is maxed out and in Career it has to be built up.

What's your point? Obviously I was making faster lap times in maxed out Ferrari in Career than in Grand Prix mode but MY POINT is that on the same level of AI, I was struggling to beat the AI in Career. In GP I can easily handle 105 AI during the quals and race. In Career I really couldn't keep up so it was weird. And I started my career on 106% AI and I was managing to keep up in the Williams...
Ā 

Ā 

Let me ask differently, what do I need to tweak in my setups for these maxed out career cars? Obviously wings and I did that many times and there was no noticeable difference. Basically I was making the same time in 1-1 wings in Abu Dhabi and also on 3-3 wings.

Either it's me not able to set up the car properly in maxed out Ferrari or the AI is broken.

S4, Bahrain and I couldn't match up Vettel on 100% AI. P3 and gap to P1 was 0.5s.

And this is my run on tt and grand prix as Bottas on 103% AI.Ā 
btw. look at Kimi xD Always 7th šŸ˜„

eDy0yUw.jpg

zv7vtzg.jpg