Podium finish being taken away

Hey guys i need some help trying to figure something out. Im in the middle of doing the Career Mode, i was just finishing up China's Grand Prix. Because i a crappy qualifying i had to start the race with the grid position 19th. I fought my way threw the entire field and finished the race in 4th. I was highly excited about this. But right before the cut scene for the podium drivers it said i finished 18th!!!!!! I had no penalty against me. I never had the notification come up for having a collision with another driver. 

So my question is WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED!? Why would it take away my finish position and randomly place me back down in 18th??

Has anyone else had this happen to them??? 

Edited by Wofmann76

@Jajb thats exactly what it said to me. I was in front of Gasly and we both were battling for 4th and came up on the a Williams Car that had been getting lapped. Once the race was done. The game basically said i was the Williams car and placed me in its spot. 

Same!! I raced in career mode (bahrain) after an early stop from P20 to P12 and the game said i placed 18th... no words