Has any one managed to get an midfield team to top

Hye was woundering if anyone has started there career in midfield team and managed to get them to the top and stay there for a full season . Getting really ****** with the ai rnd development.  Im finding it inpossible to get ahead of 1 team and staying ahead . Despite getting maximum recourse points every race 27 races and havent moved at all in performance chart . Despite putting every recourse points on car performance and nothing else . 18 game was loads better than this and its just an copy n paste so how is it totally flawed . Even when the release the game early its looking like its not going to get sorted . If it does at all till after the summer break when the used to fetch game out any ways . Why couldent this not been fixed in last patch what only had a couple minor fixes in any ways . Just wanna no if you can start with a team like renault and get them to top for at least a full season or am I just waisting my time with career as you cant comptete with teams that have unlitited recourse points while you only get so many stopping you progressing 

19 minutes ago, patronas said:

Hye was woundering if anyone has started there career in midfield team and managed to get them to the top and stay there for a full season . Getting really ****** with the ai rnd development.  Im finding it inpossible to get ahead of 1 team and staying ahead . Despite getting maximum recourse points every race 27 races and havent moved at all in performance chart . Despite putting every recourse points on car performance and nothing else . 18 game was loads better than this and its just an copy n paste so how is it totally flawed . Even when the release the game early its looking like its not going to get sorted . If it does at all till after the summer break when the used to fetch game out any ways . Why couldent this not been fixed in last patch what only had a couple minor fixes in any ways . Just wanna no if you can start with a team like renault and get them to top for at least a full season or am I just waisting my time with career as you cant comptete with teams that have unlitited recourse points while you only get so many stopping you progressing 

Hi, mate! I bought F1 2018 last april and after few frustrating attempts to keep a good pace in the game, I finally decided to try once more, this time with Renault team. Well, I've been better than last times, because I learned a lot from Project Cars 2 (and also from GT Sport), because they give you the opportunity to drive slower cars and learn about corners, braking points and trail braking, as well... anyway, coming back to your question, I'm the 4th in the performance chart in my carreer and I was good at the championship until I get problems with gearbox and the painful Azerbaijan circuit. My reputation was being increased every weekend until that and now I'm trying to get over it since it's going down. I set the AI to 75 (it's a good challenge for medium players like me -- and I invest a lot of time in racing games). I hope to make a good reputation with top-teams. Something that I've lost in my 2 last races. :/ let's see.

I'm struggling as well, I've done 4 seasons with Alfa Romeo and im not progressing at all, despite almost maxing out my R&D. Also my teammate Lance Stroll has been with me since season 2 and and he barely makes it past P19 every race. I'm stuck with this game at the moment

Last year with Renault, I was able to go just behind the top 3 in 3 seasons and win a few races.

With F1 2019, it is totally another story. Always with Renault (8th team on 10), I make every single practice session and gain a lot of resource points like last year. I’m at the same level of development than last year on season 2, but ...

What the hell is this? Teams that made transfers are upgrading their cars far too quickly!

Just to give you an example, first race of the second season, Williams was 9th. After 13 races, Williams is second just behind Red Bull racing on another planet. Transfers are unrealistic and R&D is for me a total waste of time. It’s getting very repetitive but I have the impression that you cannot make a midfield team become better. But Ai can make Williams maybe win the championship. Like if they have infinite resource points.

I hope the next patch will fix this but I doubt about it.

At the beginning of season 3, I will stop this career if nothing changes and go for a classic but way more realistic 2019 championship.

Posted (edited)

I started my career with Mercedes and then got fired after the French GP and joined Racing Point and I've had no issues getting to the front as I got there for Hungary S2 and the only strange developments I have had is Mclarens sudden rapid development towards the end of S2 and Ferrari's sheer lack of development during S2. Currently i'm at round 8 season 3 and the grid is looking a lot better than it did when I did a Force India career mode on F1 2018 when I had to leave them to have any kind of fun.

And btw the only practice programs I do are the track acclimatisation and the race program

20180908032100_1.jpg

20190806071138_1.jpg

Edited by Camza2011
typo