Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Improvements for Dirt Rally 2.0

Recommended Posts

I love Dirt Rally 2.0, there are times I can play it for hours, feeling totally immersed like I was a real rally driver. I think the physics are great and I do think that the FFB is decent. But there are moments when I am close to rage quitting the game because I pay to much attention too little things that I finde more than annoying. I wish the developers would read and maybe implement some of the tweaks and changes that I am suggesting:

- The stage time isn´t shown ingame after a stage in a weekly or monthly community challange - just the overall time. That makes it harder to keep track of your performance.
- I cannot understand why the monthly challange doesn´t feature a point system like the real championship but rather rates the players according to their overall time. This is frustrating because compensating a mistake in one rally is way harder.
- The Ford Focus 2007 is unplayable for me, because when I use the driver cam with the wheel enabled I cannot see the gear and the RPMs of the car, neither can I adjust the seat so that it improves the situation.
- There is no way to jump straight to replay video after a mistake in the time trial mode. You must either finish the stage, which can take several minutes with a puncture, or you need to provoke total damage of the car, which can take minutes as well. I would love to analyse my driving right away not after 10 minutes trying to finish the stage or the car with a flat tyre.
- When selecting the stage degradation mode for a custom championship event, it seems like the different options don´t work like expected. When only driving one stage, the different options seem to give me randomn levels of stage degradation. "Full" doesn´t give me a fully degraded stage all the time. When playing whole rallies, "authentic" seems to deliver no degradation at all, even if the stage is driven twice. Could you please clarify what the settings do?
- I cannot really figure out the advantages of a medium or hard compound tyre. Even on several longer stages driven without a service inbetween, I seem to be always faster using soft tires. 
- The well known problem of the sound cutting out mid-stage.
- Some co-driver calls are still very bad, but I don´t care that much anymore because I have remembered most of the DR2.0 and DR1 stages.
 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-the ford 2007 dashboard work for me and i no have problem with this car ( maybe is bug ) 

- yes the co-driver is bad 😉

-yes hard tyre and midle tyre are same 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, gk9147 said:

-the ford 2007 dashboard work for me and i no have problem with this car ( maybe is bug ) 

- yes the co-driver is bad 😉

-yes hard tyre and midle tyre are same 

 

 

Do you use the helmet cam with the wheel enabled?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JohnReese1999 said:

Do you use the helmet cam with the wheel enabled?

yes 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JohnReese1999 said:

16:9 single monitor? Did you manage that just by moving the seat?

yes single monitor yes , and you have option to move a seat back 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, gk9147 said:

yes single monitor yes , and you have option to move a seat back 

I know about the option to move the seat. But you need to move it that far back to see the gauge that it is not immersive at all anymore

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JohnReese1999 said:

I know about the option to move the seat. But you need to move it that far back to see the gauge that it is not immersive at all anymore

 

You are now able to view the instrument cluster HUD in cockpit view. This is very useful when you cant see the gear/speedo in the car. I think its in the preferences menu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/5/2019 at 5:33 PM, JohnReese1999 said:

- The Ford Focus 2007 is unplayable for me, because when I use the driver cam with the wheel enabled I cannot see the gear and the RPMs of the car, neither can I adjust the seat so that it improves the situation.
 

I agree with you in most of the things, but this, the Focus problem, well, I have to disagree here. Using the driver cam, with wheel enabled, and 16:9 single monitor, I don't have any problems with it. Well, I move the seat to the lowest that is possible (it is not like the game lets you lower it too much) as the standar position is no realistic enough for me. As for the RPMs, last time I checked, don't work, so it wouldn't make any difference seing them or not, but at least the red led goes on when it has to.

The car that really has this problem with de driver view is the Skoda Fabia WRC, in which you can't see the digital panel behind the steering, as the real car, when the paddle sifht system was used in the car, had the digital panel on the codrivers side (as well as the Fabia S2000 had the gear gauge there).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, AyrtJ97 said:

I agree with you in most of the things, but this, the Focus problem, well, I have to disagree here. Using the driver cam, with wheel enabled, and 16:9 single monitor, I don't have any problems with it. Well, I move the seat to the lowest that is possible (it is not like the game lets you lower it too much) as the standar position is no realistic enough for me. As for the RPMs, last time I checked, don't work, so it wouldn't make any difference seing them or not, but at least the red led goes on when it has to.

The car that really has this problem with de driver view is the Skoda Fabia WRC, in which you can't see the digital panel behind the steering, as the real car, when the paddle sifht system was used in the car, had the digital panel on the codrivers side (as well as the Fabia S2000 had the gear gauge there).

In the Fabia, the gear counter went from green to red at high revs. Wouldn't be much use them adding that though, as the panel is obscured from view by the steering wheel 😂

Hopefully they could adress this in a future update and also implement the green and red paddle shifters 🤞

Edited by ebarbs27

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, AyrtJ97 said:

I agree with you in most of the things, but this, the Focus problem, well, I have to disagree here. Using the driver cam, with wheel enabled, and 16:9 single monitor, I don't have any problems with it. Well, I move the seat to the lowest that is possible (it is not like the game lets you lower it too much) as the standar position is no realistic enough for me. As for the RPMs, last time I checked, don't work, so it wouldn't make any difference seing them or not, but at least the red led goes on when it has to.

The car that really has this problem with de driver view is the Skoda Fabia WRC, in which you can't see the digital panel behind the steering, as the real car, when the paddle sifht system was used in the car, had the digital panel on the codrivers side (as well as the Fabia S2000 had the gear gauge there).

Ah ok, I will give the Ford another try. Surprisingly I dont have any problem at all with the Skoda. I have moved the seat a lot closer to the front which is not so much of a problem in terms of feeling the speed for me, because the side windows are quite large. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, ebarbs27 said:

In the Fabia, the gear counter went from green to red at high revs. Wouldn't be much use them adding that though, as the panel is obscured from view by the steering wheel 😂

Hopefully they could adress this in a future update and also implement the green and red paddle shifters 🤞

Wow, I was wrong with in which side the gear counter was, think I was confused by the fact that the in-game car has a digital panel on the right side, but I thought it was something like the 206 WRC having the gear counter in the center. Well, anyways I don't think the real car had it as badly placed as this, don't think any driver wants that.

I agree with you the implementation of the correct use of the paddle shifters would be really cool.

15 hours ago, JohnReese1999 said:

Ah ok, I will give the Ford another try. Surprisingly I dont have any problem at all with the Skoda. I have moved the seat a lot closer to the front which is not so much of a problem in terms of feeling the speed for me, because the side windows are quite large. 

Well, I can't stand being too close to the wheel in the game, as I wouldn't be confortable with it in real life honestly. Hope you sort out the problem with the Focus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/5/2019 at 12:33 PM, JohnReese1999 said:

- The stage time isn´t shown ingame after a stage in a weekly or monthly community challange - just the overall time. That makes it harder to keep track of your performance.
- I cannot understand why the monthly challange doesn´t feature a point system like the real championship but rather rates the players according to their overall time. This is frustrating because compensating a mistake in one rally is way harder.
- The Ford Focus 2007 is unplayable for me, because when I use the driver cam with the wheel enabled I cannot see the gear and the RPMs of the car, neither can I adjust the seat so that it improves the situation.
- There is no way to jump straight to replay video after a mistake in the time trial mode. You must either finish the stage, which can take several minutes with a puncture, or you need to provoke total damage of the car, which can take minutes as well. I would love to analyse my driving right away not after 10 minutes trying to finish the stage or the car with a flat tyre.
- When selecting the stage degradation mode for a custom championship event, it seems like the different options don´t work like expected. When only driving one stage, the different options seem to give me randomn levels of stage degradation. "Full" doesn´t give me a fully degraded stage all the time. When playing whole rallies, "authentic" seems to deliver no degradation at all, even if the stage is driven twice. Could you please clarify what the settings do?
- I cannot really figure out the advantages of a medium or hard compound tyre. Even on several longer stages driven without a service inbetween, I seem to be always faster using soft tires. 
- The well known problem of the sound cutting out mid-stage.
- Some co-driver calls are still very bad, but I don´t care that much anymore because I have remembered most of the DR2.0 and DR1 stages.
 

- they switched to showing just the stage times in the weekly/monthly events, but it just replaced the page showing cumulative time, so it sucked because you have no idea where you were overall. so they switched it back. no idea why they can't just show both

- there's no point system because how do you calculate points for ~3000 people who could be completing the events literally weeks apart from each other, and then how do you rank them? time is much better.

- stage degradation. agreed. it's fairly unclear what each of them mean. like, if Optimal is always the best conditions, then why is there an "Off" option too? that said, I'm almost certain that

  • Full is like in historic championships, where going last on a stage means you get full degradation. so the stage goes from perfect to worst in however many drivers there are. custom championships have 20 drivers.
  • Authentic is like career mode, where the stage degrades from perfect to worst after 150 drivers (5 classes of cars), so even if you're going last it will only be degraded a tiny bit because there's only 20.
  • Optimal and Off are basically the same, I suspect.

- softs.... it's possible to wear them out after 1 long stage + 1 short, but it depends how you drive the car (yes, really). I'd say if you're doing anything more than 2 long stages in a row, you theoretically want mediums because the softs will be a mess by the end. that said, the advantage the softs give for the first parts probably outweigh that unless you're doing like 2 long stages + 1 short (or 5 short or whatever), which never happens. so yeah, they're probably still too durable (they were adjusted a couple of months ago). I've used hard tires exactly once. at the moment, you'd only need them if you're in a club where there's like 1 service per event.

On 8/6/2019 at 4:31 AM, gk9147 said:

-yes hard tyre and midle tyre are same 

no they are not haha. hard has much less grip and frankly is almost unplayable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, ianism said:

- they switched to showing just the stage times in the weekly/monthly events, but it just replaced the page showing cumulative time, so it sucked because you have no idea where you were overall. so they switched it back. no idea why they can't just show both

- there's no point system because how do you calculate points for ~3000 people who could be completing the events literally weeks apart from each other, and then how do you rank them? time is much better.

- stage degradation. agreed. it's fairly unclear what each of them mean. like, if Optimal is always the best conditions, then why is there an "Off" option too? that said, I'm almost certain that

  • Full is like in historic championships, where going last on a stage means you get full degradation. so the stage goes from perfect to worst in however many drivers there are. custom championships have 20 drivers.
  • Authentic is like career mode, where the stage degrades from perfect to worst after 150 drivers (5 classes of cars), so even if you're going last it will only be degraded a tiny bit because there's only 20.
  • Optimal and Off are basically the same, I suspect.

- softs.... it's possible to wear them out after 1 long stage + 1 short, but it depends how you drive the car (yes, really). I'd say if you're doing anything more than 2 long stages in a row, you theoretically want mediums because the softs will be a mess by the end. that said, the advantage the softs give for the first parts probably outweigh that unless you're doing like 2 long stages + 1 short (or 5 short or whatever), which never happens. so yeah, they're probably still too durable (they were adjusted a couple of months ago). I've used hard tires exactly once. at the moment, you'd only need them if you're in a club where there's like 1 service per event.

no they are not haha. hard has much less grip and frankly is almost unplayable.

for tarmac i drive with hard tyres with all acars  same for gravel ( except with mud with fwd car )

Edited by gk9147

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×