Posted (edited)

New to this forum but I have been around driving games a long time.

I have almost all games released by Codies over many years.

Anyway, I would love to have a great Photo Mode 😍 as good as F12019 in this game! (I missed this in Dirt series)  with focus, shutter speed, aperture and filters.

Is there any new or update on this or details on the flashback/replay system.

Thanks torque99uk

Edited by torque99uk
my mistake

Hey! So:

- Whilst there's no specific photo mode in GRID on launch, the replay system is designed to give you chances to snap all manner of great photos, in the same DiRT Rally 2.0 allows you to do it. Post-launch, we'll assess player feedback and see if a specific Photo Mode is doable and/or worthwhile 👍

- Flashback: yes, the Flashback system is in GRID to help you erase any mistakes 😉  

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Thank you Chris for the reply it is much appreciated. I got some good shots from Dirt replays but love the freedom of a freecam and the shutter speed for more realistic shots. 

Out of interest are you able to confirm if it will have Nvidia Ge Force support like Dirt? Then I can add DOF at least 🙂

I do hope a photo mode is added later. I feel good well done photo modes help with players marketing the game across many social platforms many months (even years) after release. There is a large photo mode community growing that will not have seen the close up detail sometimes not seen in game or replays. 

Thank you. 

Torque99uk

P s I am still enjoying Grid Auto Sport so much, those Sprint Run races are so good even after all this time. 😀

Edited by torque99uk

Posted (edited)

Grid still looks great today. I just want to clarify I am looking forward to the new Grid and the Replays. Pre-ordered Deluxe version (PC). 👌👍

Edited by torque99uk
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Photo Mode is a long requested feature... Since Grid 1 but Codemasters doesn´t care at all...

Not even Nvidia Ansel works correct with Dirt Rally 2.0...

They don´t care...

Edited by Ak1504
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Free camera in replay would be enough to take good screens from any angle... The true is that i love photo mode in pcars 2 with all this filters and options i take some great  shots and upload them on steam to share with friends... I would like to see replays in online mode its an evidence for cheaters as well like pcars 2 and f1 19 of codemasters  i think has this feature 

Edited by Miatakias_GR
  • Like 1

F1 games have had this since 2017, but porting it over is never as simple as taking code from a different game to this game and just leave it like that. Even if they could copy & paste parts of it, I'm 99% sure it'd break anyways 😛 

• Like 1

Yep I guess it depends on much work is involved on the existing ego game engine they are running on. I have seen some of the developer screen shots (promotion material) for both dirt and Grid which do have great shutterspeed and aperture so I am hoping one day they will try and patch them in.

These recently released shots look like they were taken on a photo mode not replay due to the speed. 🤔 😍

GRID_SanFran_Muscle_1.jpg

GRID_Shanghai_Muscle_Shot_1.jpg

GRID-Ferrari_Brands_Hatch_1b_4K-1200x633.jpg