Sign in to follow this  

Anyone use mirrors in cockpit?

On 8/5/2019 at 10:19 PM, DaleRossi said:

There is No way to see them without using a fisheye distorted view.  Even the default view doesnt have them where you can see them.

TV Pod sure has them readily available every which way possible. 

No virtual mirrors as an option either, obviously. Pretty incredible unless I am missing something obvious.  Your FOV has to be just about Maxed out to see the mirrors. 

Thanks for the arrows, at least. That was thoughtful.  

This could be a phenomenal game, but little things like, you know...having mirrors in an F1 car, are important in 2019.  

You can look behind you, but not if you have your functional MFD pulled up. If you're cycled into other readouts, you can look behind but then you have at least another click to get ERS/Fuel changed.

There's a setting under control options or calibration that lets you use right stick to look back and it doesn't impact the menu. 

10 hours ago, DaleRossi said:

10,000% it does not work with the menu up that I posted a picture of.

Check the MFD also use look around option that’s somewhere in the controller settings? That might be it. It definitely should work, Ive had no issues with it.

10 hours ago, DaleRossi said:

10,000% it does not work with the menu up that I posted a picture of.

Might be good if you could post exactly how you map all buttons in the controls section and those that are used for the quick functions so that at least Codies might be able to assist if you have a bug, if not a fellow forum member.

3 hours ago, LChaves01 said:

This game needs virtual mirrors badly.

Yup. Yup. Yup.

• Agree 4

Posted (edited)

Anyone saying it works, please share a video of *Xbox One with a wheel* showing it does. 

Look, there is some confusion here. On XBox One, there is a limited number of buttons that can be mapped.

No matter how you map it, it will not work in a Race, (NOT time trial where you don't have that menu) if the Specific 4 selection MFD menu is pulled up. Default settings, remapped settings, it does not work.

If you Map it to the right stick, that is also the stick to cycle through the menu. If you map Fuel, ERS etc to other hot keys so you dont have go use the menu, the Loom Back assignment will still just scroll through that MFD menu.

*Xbox One

*4 Seceltion Fuel/Bias/Diff/ERS header up

*Look Back will just cycle through those 4 options, no matter how you map Anything.

The only way around it is to Hold the MFD menu button to "quickly" close it, or to cycle to a completely different menu and that brings up another set of issues.

Edited by DaleRossi

7 hours ago, martbloke said:

Might be good if you could post exactly how you map all buttons in the controls section and those that are used for the quick functions so that at least Codies might be able to assist if you have a bug, if not a fellow forum member.

It's not just me. Users in the UK have it, too. They also thought I was crazy until I showed them.

If someone can show me video Evidence of it working on Xbox One, I'll then notify all of us that we have a bug. lol

18 minutes ago, DaleRossi said:

Anyone saying it works, please share a video of *Xbox One with a wheel* showing it does. 

Look, there is some confusion here. On XBox One, there is a limited number of buttons that can be mapped.

No matter how you map it, it will not work in a Race, (NOT time trial where you don't have that menu) if the Specific 4 selection MFD menu is pulled up. Default settings, remapped settings, it does not work.

If you Map it to the right stick, that is also the stick to cycle through the menu. If you map Fuel, ERS etc to other hot keys so you dont have go use the menu, the Loom Back assignment will still just scroll through that MFD menu.

*Xbox One

*4 Seceltion Fuel/Bias/Diff/ERS header up

*Look Back will just cycle through those 4 options, no matter how you map Anything.

The only way around it is to Hold the MFD menu button to "quickly" close it, or to cycle to a completely different menu and that brings up another set of issues.

This sounds like you have the "Also use look around" setting enabled for MFD navigation, which is designed to do exactly what you are describing, to allow controllers to scroll through that menu without looking behind when its open. Have you checked that? 

• Like 1

@SIMRACER123 @AlexTT do you guys think this could be a problem that is specifically towards PS4???

@DaleRossi try binding stuff to your directional buttons and see.   I know one shortcut i use for the MFD is that when you want to close it quickly you press and hold the button you use to activate it and it 'minimizes' the MFD immediately. So maybe you can close it quickly and then use your original button which you bound Look Back with to use it - just a work around.   Maybe try the Look Back as one of the ridiculous buttons (not the default buttons) on the trigger side of the remote (if you not on a wheel) and if you are on the wheel then try one of your other buttons just to see if there is an action happening.

2 minutes ago, bluwaters said:

@SIMRACER123 @AlexTT do you guys think this could be a problem that is specifically towards PS4???

@DaleRossi try binding stuff to your directional buttons and see.   I know one shortcut i use for the MFD is that when you want to close it quickly you press and hold the button you use to activate it and it 'minimizes' the MFD immediately. So maybe you can close it quickly and then use your original button which you bound Look Back with to use it - just a work around.   Maybe try the Look Back as one of the ridiculous buttons (not the default buttons) on the trigger side of the remote (if you not on a wheel) and if you are on the wheel then try one of your other buttons just to see if there is an action happening.

All of this shouldn't be necessary if it turns out they have "also use look around" enabled. Simply turning off that setting should fix it! 

24 minutes ago, bluwaters said:

Yeah, I'm on a wheel. There are too many redundant buttons even if I remove Flashbacks and Change View. 

Closing the MFD is the only option other than going to another menu, and that has other issues.

34 minutes ago, Worntoathread said:

This sounds like you have the "Also use look around" setting enabled for MFD navigation, which is designed to do exactly what you are describing, to allow controllers to scroll through that menu without looking behind when its open. Have you checked that? 

I'm on a wheel, but will check this in a bit. Thank you.

Referring to the thread title. Why would anyone need mirrors in cockpit? Do they need to check their makeup? :classic_happy:

• Disagree 1

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, DaleRossi said:

I'm on a wheel, but will check this in a bit. Thank you.

Just tried with a wheel and enabling it did what you described; it doesn't let you look back with the MFD settings menu open. Just to be sure, this setting can be found in this little menu here: 

20190807_173249.jpg

Edited by Worntoathread
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Worntoathread said:

Just tried with a wheel and enabling it did what you described; it doesn't let you look back with the MFD settings menu open. Just to be sure, this setting can be found in this little menu here: 

20190807_173249.jpg

Yep. People have been complaining about this stuff at least since 2016. 

That setting in that tab seems to adjust it.

Edited by DaleRossi
  • Agree 1

There is something seriously wrong with cm design team. Why go through the trouble of creating a cockpit view, and then adding adjustable mirrors, which can't be used by the player. The player then has to revert back to using those stupid arrows, or the lookback option, which defeats the purpose of using the cockpit view.  

• Agree 2