Sign in to follow this  

Anyone use mirrors in cockpit?

There is No way to see them without using a fisheye distorted view.  Even the default view doesnt have them where you can see them.

TV Pod sure has them readily available every which way possible. 

No virtual mirrors as an option either, obviously. Pretty incredible unless I am missing something obvious.  Your FOV has to be just about Maxed out to see the mirrors. 

Thanks for the arrows, at least. That was thoughtful.  

This could be a phenomenal game, but little things like, you know...having mirrors in an F1 car, are important in 2019.  

You can look behind you, but not if you have your functional MFD pulled up. If you're cycled into other readouts, you can look behind but then you have at least another click to get ERS/Fuel changed.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

I just got used too looking left/right with button on my wheel. As I am getting used to it, it actually works great. Because you will learn to only have a quick look to see where the other cars is, feels quite realistic too.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Uppern said:

I just got used too looking left/right with button on my wheel. As I am getting used to it, it actually works great. Because you will learn to only have a quick look to see where the other cars is, feels quite realistic too.

That's great if you're on PC. It doesn't work on console since not everything is mappable. And it still doesn't solve Look Back issues 

The only way on console is having proximity arrows and a look back button assignment, sadly.

Codemasters develops this game for the mass playing with a T-cam, so they don’t care about cockpit view.

No chance of getting a solution.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, DaleRossi said:

That's great if you're on PC. It doesn't work on console since not everything is mappable. And it still doesn't solve Look Back issues 

I am on PS4. Do you need to look back? F1 drivers often complain that it is hard for them to see everything in the mirrors, so I am happy with it being a little close to realistic.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

I have been able to get mirrors viewable by altering the horizontal camera and the FOV.  However I don’t really like playing with FOV as it impacts frame rates and the way it handles.  However I have to say I think it is realistic as F1 drivers say they can’t really use their mirrors effectively.  However I think that if they were to implement two virtual mirrors as put them on the side of the cockpit then that would be useful.  I don’t understand the issue about looking back either?  I use the look back function a lot and don’t see any issue with it?  

The Look Back function doesnt work if you have the MFD up with the ERS/Fuel management screens. Which is 90% of the time.

I understand drivers can't get a great view of their mirrors. But they CAN see their mirrors where as in cockpit relative to TV pod, you cannot see them at all. Well, unless you severely distort FOV. 

It wouldn't be an issue if you didn't get penalized for being rear ended. Which for MP lobbies, happens often.

8 minutes ago, DaleRossi said:

The Look Back function doesnt work if you have the MFD up with the ERS/Fuel management screens. Which is 90% of the time.

Yes it does. Maybe not if you double bind it to an MFD related function...

I have look back double bound with Pit Limiter and it works perfectly.

• Disagree 1

6 hours ago, Uppern said:

I am on PS4. Do you need to look back? F1 drivers often complain that it is hard for them to see everything in the mirrors, so I am happy with it being a little close to realistic.

I use 'look back' out of necessity. I don't like the proximity arrows and I'm not going to use that awful FOV where you're sitting awkwardly far back in the cockpit (I actually move it forward for a more realistic FOV). They should just add virtual mirror(s) next year so I don't have to use look back anymore.

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, DaleRossi said:

There is No way to see them without using a fisheye distorted view.  Even the default view doesnt have them where you can see them.

TV Pod sure has them readily available every which way possible. 

No virtual mirrors as an option either, obviously. Pretty incredible unless I am missing something obvious.  Your FOV has to be just about Maxed out to see the mirrors. 

Thanks for the arrows, at least. That was thoughtful.  

This could be a phenomenal game, but little things like, you know...having mirrors in an F1 car, are important in 2019.  

You can look behind you, but not if you have your functional MFD pulled up. If you're cycled into other readouts, you can look behind but then you have at least another click to get ERS/Fuel changed.

I can look backward even with mfd up?

So i am driving with Mclaren my first season and i have the FOV just set to where i can see just over half of my mirror... just enough to see any cars around me and if my DRS did open (LOL) but if i have an issue i know my back up is just "look back" button which i use and do prefer over a 'floating virtual mirror'   I currently have no data display info on my screen as i want it to be as real as possible so no distractions.  But map one of your keys to Look Back and it will serve your purpose.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Andrew210227 said:

I'll check again. 3 of us tried it blinded every which way the other day and it was not possible.

I'm planning to pick trackir. no more use extreme fov or look to apex option.

i think trackir is the best option, 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

I just tried Look Back again after switching it to Y. It 10000% does NOT work if you have the Fuel/Brake Bias/Diff/ERS portion of the MFD up.

The button just makes it cycle through those options. In order to use Look Back, you must cycle to another page of the MFD or close it completely. 

I'm not talking about in Time Trial mode. This is in race of practice etc where you have the Fuel/Bias/Diff/ERS up to change.

Edited by DaleRossi

4 hours ago, bluwaters said:

So i am driving with Mclaren my first season and i have the FOV just set to where i can see just over half of my mirror... just enough to see any cars around me and if my DRS did open (LOL) but if i have an issue i know my back up is just "look back" button which i use and do prefer over a 'floating virtual mirror'   I currently have no data display info on my screen as i want it to be as real as possible so no distractions.  But map one of your keys to Look Back and it will serve your purpose.

I have all the **** off my screen also. Mapping Look Back changed nothing. It didn't last week and it didnt today even after the patch. It's insane because people on other forums have been complaining about this at least since 2016. 

The menu on the Bottom Right is the one I'm talking about. Not the bias/diff menu in Time Trial. 

So like I said, no mirrors and no Look Back readily available when actually racing as a cockpit user.  

maxresdefault (4).jpg

6 hours ago, AlexTT said:

I can look backward even with mfd up?

Not if you have the Fuel/Brake Bias/Diff/ERS MFD up you can't. 

Put me in the boat of not buying another F1 again until basic cockpit and Sim functions are added.  

I've been asking why Silverstone and now Australia leaderboards haven't been updating for over a month in this forum and Tech. And NOTHING from CM. 

We've got a time intensive weekly that has the overall winner using every assist to man and a nearly 2 second slower Qualifying time than the 2nd place winner. This game is more Forza than Forza. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Andrew210227 said:

10,000% it does not work with the menu up that I posted a picture of.

Posted (edited)

I use it in cockpit view just have to adjust the  field of view and horizontal to get the mirrors visible when driving.

Only other view I use is a button set for back view

Edited by Hygradeb

37 minutes ago, DaleRossi said:

Not if you have the Fuel/Brake Bias/Diff/ERS MFD up you can't. 

Put me in the boat of not buying another F1 again until basic cockpit and Sim functions are added.  

I've been asking why Silverstone and now Australia leaderboards haven't been updating for over a month in this forum and Tech. And NOTHING from CM. 

We've got a time intensive weekly that has the overall winner using every assist to man and a nearly 2 second slower Qualifying time than the 2nd place winner. This game is more Forza than Forza. 

Yes I can.

do you have in the control setting the tab regular/generic settings set to default or also look around?

what button do you have look back assigned to?

1 hour ago, DaleRossi said:

I can assure you it does work.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

4 hours ago, DaleRossi said:

This simply isn't true, you must have something setup strangely.  I use cockpit and look back all the time even with the MFD up.  I have a G29 and use the R2 button to look back which I''m pretty sure is default.

Starting to try and get used to look right and left with my L3/R3 buttons on the wheel.  It would be nice if the view slid right and left to the mirrors instead of changing view completely.  It's a bit off putting, especially if you're about to hit a braking point.

• Agree 1

The look back view via the controller is OK with me. But yeah, they should have the mirror reflection work, after all, this is F1 2019!